Rooney to Consider Quitting

Nuwtfly

Would be surprising as Rooney has sounded consistently committal to the job in statements he made last season. There's been too many Rooney-related articles like this over the last season or so for me to take them too seriously on their own.

'Rooney has made it clear privately he does not want to manage in League One' 

Had a funny way of showing it, losing virtually every match! ?

As people have stated, the only positive thing about him staying is that him going seems to signify there is no cash, we are financially unable to compete and/or suspect a points deduction. 

However.... him going and then there being a takeover, there actually being some money, that is entrusted to a manager who knows what they are doing?? Even better! 

8 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

"Rooney has told friends he may walk if the Rams are dropped down.

The ex-England captain has two years left on his £90,000-a-week contract...

...SunSport also understands Rooney, 35, has concerns that the project of leading cash-strapped Rams in League One would not be the best fit for his fledgling dugout career."

Shouldn’t read too much into it I guess but interesting to note what he has not said. He has not said he’ll go if the embargo is not lifted by _____.  Or if the t/o is not done soon.  Or if we suffer a points deduction 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Shouldn’t read too much into it I guess but interesting to note what he has not said. He has not said he’ll go if the embargo is not lifted by _____.  Or if the t/o is not done soon.  Or if we suffer a points deduction 

Given that it's the sun reporting, he probably didn't say any of it.... ?