Rooney to Consider Quitting

Nuwtfly

If he wasn't so inept as a Manager then any possible points reduction wouldn't have the potential of sending us down in the first place.

He spent months saying he was taking "full responsibility" (whatever that actually means), then he needs to own the fact that it was only Sheff Weds' deduction that saved us.

Bye Wayne.

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

I'm pretty sure his manager contract is *moer or less* what we were due to pay him in wages til the end of his contract as a player, because 32Red weren't going to pay the additional sponsor money if he wasn't playing.

He's certainly not on what he was as a player and even when he was playing i doubt it was *quite* that high.

Regardless of whether some people want him to stay or go, why would you want to be the Derby manager at the moment?  Especially when you are just starting out in your career?

Small squad, no money, constant controversy, potential takeover (48 hours I heard ?) typically resulting in managerial change, I could go on...

I'd have a hard time selling this club to my Dad atm, a lifelong Derby fan, let alone any potential manager with an ounce of credability.

I'm not sure I can remember a time I've been less enthusiastic going into a new season ? 

COYR

33 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Regardless of whether some people want him to stay or go, why would you want to be the Derby manager at the moment?  Especially when you are just starting out in your career?

Small squad, no money, constant controversy, potential takeover (48 hours I heard ?) typically resulting in managerial change, I could go on...

I'd have a hard time selling this club to my Dad atm, a lifelong Derby fan, let alone any potential manager with an ounce of credability.

I'm not sure I can remember a time I've been less enthusiastic going into a new season ? 

COYR

I'll take the job. They only have to pay me £90k per year instead of £90k per week as well.

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He said last season that he would stay if we were relegated. If this is true it's more to do with how the EFL embargo and lack of funds and broken promises is affecting his chances of signing any half decent players.

Unless he’s just changed his mind.

In any event, I shan’t take any notice of the story until/unless it develops into something more credible than just “a friend of Rooney tells us…..”

40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He said last season that he would stay if we were relegated. If this is true it's more to do with how the EFL embargo and lack of funds and broken promises is affecting his chances of signing any half decent players.

To be honest, if he'd said he is considering walking away because of that stuff, most people wouldn't blame him.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Unless he’s just changed his mind.

In any event, I shan’t take any notice of the story until/unless it develops into something more credible than just “a friend of Rooney tells us…..”

I have to say it worries me more than the EFL stuff. I cannot see any other halfway decent manager wanting to come here with things the way they are. Even Curtis Davies wouldn't want it. ? Who is going to attract players? 

4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

If true, it would show his true colours; he is in the job just for himself.

It's the Sun though, so most likely the opposite is closer to truth.

Yeah,I dunno about you,but I definitely go to work for the love of my employers and not at all to benefit myself 

As you say,it's the sun. I put it at being ******** somewhere between 99% and 100%