Rooney to Consider Quitting

Nuwtfly

The idea that there aren’t plenty of managers who would take the job is silly. We can look at league two and below and not suffer a dip in quality manager wise 

They wouldn’t even have to do much to improve on the current manager.........2 wins in 15 would be an huge improvement!!!!!

Edited by Ramarena

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Would Rooney have been sacked if the club had been relegated.

The games he managed last season showed he's not ready for management.

Would new owners guarantee that he stays at the club.

Its his decision to walk away if the club is relegated.

If Derby are either relegated or stay up, the job of club manager still comes with a higher salary than most other clubs in league one or championship are willing to offer.

I read Rooneys on 90k per week as manager, that makes him one of the best paid managers in the championship.

We can't afford to sack him,he needs to walk for us to be rid of him....we might even be due some compo back from him in that case.

Don't forget that apparently cocu is still waiting for his severance pay off from us,never mind Wayne if he was ousted.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

If he wants to go, he can go with my blessing. Wouldn't want him to stay where he doesn't want to be.  I wouldn't miss him, but I would consider it a friendly parting of ways.

If he wants to stay and turn things around, I suspect we won't find much better option than him anyway, so stick with what you have and give him a chance to build a team according to his vision. 

If he quits, I don't see Wassall as a second rate choice. I'd be willing to see him given a good chance. I don't see Mac coming back, and I don't honestly see it being a success if we tried it. He's been too long out of the hot seat to step in again, IMO.

Between them demanding to see the colour of the Spanish fantasist's money & this potential development, I'm suddenly starting to warm to the EFL ?

The idea that we couldn't attract another half decent manager is risible - sure, it won't be a big name but then we might actually be forced to look for someone with talent, prior experience & on an upward trajectory i.e. the best candidate for the job. Whilst things look pretty shaky at the minute, it won't always be this bad & plenty of ambitious managers outside the top 2 tiers would relish the opportunity to manage here.

From Rooney's perspective, makes sense to leave asap if relegation is a possibility (I don't actually think it will happen) but like I said the other day, the longer he stays with us the more likely it is things will start to clear up for the better. Bit of a double edged sword for those of us who think he is a big problem at the club.

If that £90k isnt all funded by 32red then that is scandalous wages in our position for what we got/get back.  Bearing in mind the press briefings from sources when Cocu was in trouble this is similar pattern of behaviour. So if we get relegated day before season starts he may walk then? That's appalling. If true just go now then

Firstly, it was an 18-month contract he signed when coming here as a player, Derby paying him £42k and 32Red £48k. That is now over. 

At 90k as a manager, £4.7m, he would way above several other managers wages-wise in Britain, those in the PL. I'm sure discussions were had when he hung up his boots between the club, Rooney and sponsors and he is now on a more realistic £1m a year, in line with our managerial pay structure.

Here's the list:

20) Chris Wilder, Sheffield United

Wilder earns a reported £14,000 per week with a base salary of £675,000 per year.

19) Slaven Bilic, West Bromwich Albion

Slaven Bilic is the only other Premier League manager who is said to have an annual wage of less than £1million, earning a reported £17,700 per week.

18) Ralph Hasenhuttl, Southampton

Hassenhutl is one of the lowest-paid bosses in England’s top tier.

The 52-year-old earns £21,000 per week and an annual income of £1million.

17) Graham Potter, Brighton

Potter impressed at Swansea City before being appointed by Brighton in 2019 and is reported to be on the same wage as Hassenhutl, with an annual earning of £1million.

16) Dean Smith, Aston Villa

There is a significant hike in income to the next man on the list, with Aston Villa boss Dean Smith earning a reported £31,250 per week – translating to £1.5million per year.

15) Sean Dyche, Burnley

Sportekz claim Dyche’s salary is £2.4million per annum, but the Lancashire Telegraph have previously reported it could be as high as £3.5million.

14) Steve Bruce, Newcastle

One of the league’s most experienced managers, Steve Bruce is said to be on a weekly wage of £57,000, which translates into an annual salary of £2.75million.

13) David Moyes, West Ham

On slightly more than Bruce, West Ham boss David Moyes has an annual wage of £3million.

12) Scott Parker, Fulham

The former combative midfielder is said to earn a wage of £73,000 per week, which is £3.5million per year – surprisingly high for someone at the start of his managerial career.

11) Nuno Espirito Santo, Wolves

The Portuguese boss is said to now be on an annual wage of £4million, with weekly earnings of £85,000.

10) Roy Hodgson, Crystal Palace

Now 72, Roy Hodgson is the league’s oldest manager and is currently in his 44th year as a manager, his career having begun at Swedish club Halmstads in 1976. He is said to earn £4.5million per season.

9) Brendan Rodgers, Leicester

Reports indicate Brendan Rodgers earns £105,000 per week and has an annual salary of £5million.

? Mikel Arteta, Arsenal

Goal say the Spaniard’s salary is the same as Leicester boss Rodgers – an annual sum of £5million.

SEE ALSO | Highest Paid Players In Premier League: See 2021’s Top 10

7) Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Manchester United

The Norwegian was appointed permanently to the English club in March 2019 following a successful stint as a caretaker. He earns a reported £160,000 per week, which works out as £7.8million per annum.

6) Marcelo Bielsa, Leeds

Marcelo Bielsa is on a reported £166,660 per week – £8million per year, a figure which is higher than his Arsenal and Manchester United counterparts.

5) Frank Lampard, Chelsea

Frank Lampard is the fifth highest-paid manager in the Premier League, earning marginally more than Bielsa at £166,850 per week.

SEE ALSO | Top 5 Football Clubs With The Most Fans In Nigeria

4) Carlo Ancelotti, Everton

Sportekz claim Carlo Ancelotti’s salary is £11million per annum, but The Sun have reported Ancelotti’s deal is worth £14million over the course of a season.

3) Jose Mourinho, Tottenham

The Daily Mail claim Mourinho is on a £15million-a-year contract at Spurs, making him the third highest-paid manager in the Premier League, with a whopping weekly wage of a £313,000.

2) Jurgen Klopp, Liverpool

The Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is very well paid and pockets marginally more than Mourinho at Spurs. Sportekz claim his weekly wage is £313,500, which is around £15million per season.

1) Pep Guardiola, Manchester City

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola last signed a contract extension in 2018, with the Daily Mirror reporting his annual salary is a whopping £30million.

Guardiola’s weekly wage is £417,500.

27 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

If that £90k isnt all funded by 32red then that is scandalous wages in our position for what we got/get back.  Bearing in mind the press briefings from sources when Cocu was in trouble this is similar pattern of behaviour. So if we get relegated day before season starts he may walk then? That's appalling. If true just go now then

We’re paying for the name!

2 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

Firstly, it was an 18-month contract he signed when coming here as a player, Derby paying him £42k and 32Red £48k. That is now over. 

At 90k as a manager, £4.7m, he would way above several other managers wages-wise in Britain, those in the PL. I'm sure discussions were had when he hung up his boots between the club, Rooney and sponsors and he is now on a more realistic £1m a year, in line with our managerial pay structure.

Here's the list:

20) Chris Wilder, Sheffield United

Wilder earns a reported £14,000 per week with a base salary of £675,000 per year.

19) Slaven Bilic, West Bromwich Albion

Slaven Bilic is the only other Premier League manager who is said to have an annual wage of less than £1million, earning a reported £17,700 per week.

18) Ralph Hasenhuttl, Southampton

Hassenhutl is one of the lowest-paid bosses in England’s top tier.

The 52-year-old earns £21,000 per week and an annual income of £1million.

17) Graham Potter, Brighton

Potter impressed at Swansea City before being appointed by Brighton in 2019 and is reported to be on the same wage as Hassenhutl, with an annual earning of £1million.

16) Dean Smith, Aston Villa

There is a significant hike in income to the next man on the list, with Aston Villa boss Dean Smith earning a reported £31,250 per week – translating to £1.5million per year.

15) Sean Dyche, Burnley

Sportekz claim Dyche’s salary is £2.4million per annum, but the Lancashire Telegraph have previously reported it could be as high as £3.5million.

14) Steve Bruce, Newcastle

One of the league’s most experienced managers, Steve Bruce is said to be on a weekly wage of £57,000, which translates into an annual salary of £2.75million.

13) David Moyes, West Ham

On slightly more than Bruce, West Ham boss David Moyes has an annual wage of £3million.

12) Scott Parker, Fulham

The former combative midfielder is said to earn a wage of £73,000 per week, which is £3.5million per year – surprisingly high for someone at the start of his managerial career.

11) Nuno Espirito Santo, Wolves

The Portuguese boss is said to now be on an annual wage of £4million, with weekly earnings of £85,000.

10) Roy Hodgson, Crystal Palace

Now 72, Roy Hodgson is the league’s oldest manager and is currently in his 44th year as a manager, his career having begun at Swedish club Halmstads in 1976. He is said to earn £4.5million per season.

9) Brendan Rodgers, Leicester

Reports indicate Brendan Rodgers earns £105,000 per week and has an annual salary of £5million.

? Mikel Arteta, Arsenal

Goal say the Spaniard’s salary is the same as Leicester boss Rodgers – an annual sum of £5million.

SEE ALSO | Highest Paid Players In Premier League: See 2021’s Top 10

7) Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Manchester United

The Norwegian was appointed permanently to the English club in March 2019 following a successful stint as a caretaker. He earns a reported £160,000 per week, which works out as £7.8million per annum.

6) Marcelo Bielsa, Leeds

Marcelo Bielsa is on a reported £166,660 per week – £8million per year, a figure which is higher than his Arsenal and Manchester United counterparts.

5) Frank Lampard, Chelsea

Frank Lampard is the fifth highest-paid manager in the Premier League, earning marginally more than Bielsa at £166,850 per week.

SEE ALSO | Top 5 Football Clubs With The Most Fans In Nigeria

4) Carlo Ancelotti, Everton

Sportekz claim Carlo Ancelotti’s salary is £11million per annum, but The Sun have reported Ancelotti’s deal is worth £14million over the course of a season.

3) Jose Mourinho, Tottenham

The Daily Mail claim Mourinho is on a £15million-a-year contract at Spurs, making him the third highest-paid manager in the Premier League, with a whopping weekly wage of a £313,000.

2) Jurgen Klopp, Liverpool

The Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is very well paid and pockets marginally more than Mourinho at Spurs. Sportekz claim his weekly wage is £313,500, which is around £15million per season.

1) Pep Guardiola, Manchester City

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola last signed a contract extension in 2018, with the Daily Mirror reporting his annual salary is a whopping £30million.

Guardiola’s weekly wage is £417,500.

Is there a source for any of this?

Don't blame him at all, the club is a basket case, why would he stick around? I don't think I would and I have been a fan for 50 years..! He can walk away now without his reputation being tarnished at all.

He will go on to be a success somewhere else and look back at this last year or so as completely crazy and the worst footballing decision he has ever made.

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Don't blame him at all, the club is a basket case, why would he stick around? I don't think I would and I have been a fan for 50 years..! He can walk away now without his reputation being tarnished at all.

He will go on to be a success somewhere else and look back at this last year or so as completely crazy and the worst footballing decision he has ever made.

See ya.... ?️?