Rooney to Consider Quitting

Nuwtfly

Whether you jump for joy, or cry "no!" I wouldn't be surprised if he did walk bearing in mind the absolute shambles we're in.  And I don't think it'd be simply to do with getting relegated to L1 - IF this did happen part of me would think he'd stay on at this stage when you consider what he's had to contend with to date.  But, if he remains in a position where DCFC has no money for transfers, we're still in an embargo, the uncertainty of the takeover continues, and he has no real means to build what he feels would be a "winning" team for the new season, that consists of more than 14 players, then I see this as more a reason to walk as he'd be in a lose/lose position from his perspective.

As it is, I still see this as lazy journalism though, piggy backing the latest vomit inducing drivel from the EFL. 

9 hours ago, StrawHillRam said:

Has he gone yet? ….. please

No he hasn’t, chances are he won’t either before the season kicks off so I fail to see what this what has become a daily pile on hopes to achieve, other than add to an already negative atmosphere around the club.

It’s ok not to like the guy, not want him as manager, but right now, more than ever it’s a time to stick together and just get behind the bloke and give us the best chance we have.

If he’s as bad as you all think, he will be shown the door as an early Christmas present.

15 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm pretty sure 32 Red did not pay Wayne rooney anything directly. I thought it was the case that 32 Red paid DCFC extra sponsorship money for matches Rooney played in. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have been allowed to have a 3rd party pay any part of a Derby player's wages.

Thats a good point and one that has always puzzled me a little bit about him being paid by a betting company directly or indirectly. Trippier got done for telling mates who placed bets, number of players have also been done for betting and then a betting company is allowed to pay part of a players wage, does not seem quite right.

1 hour ago, David said:

No he hasn’t, chances are he won’t either before the season kicks off so I fail to see what this what has become a daily pile on hopes to achieve, other than add to an already negative atmosphere around the club.

It’s ok not to like the guy, not want him as manager, but right now, more than ever it’s a time to stick together and just get behind the bloke and give us the best chance we have.

If he’s as bad as you all think, he will be shown the door as an early Christmas present.

I actually think under the circumstances a Wassall/Steve Mac combo is the best chance we have…

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I actually think under the circumstances a Wassall/Steve Mac combo is the best chance we have…

If Rooney doesn’t resign, we have to sack him, to sack him will cost money. 

Now the club have to look at this and say ok, do we believe in Rooney or not and take the financial hit.

You also then have to look at replacements, Evatt the name which gets thrown around, that will still cost to bring him in.

It’s ok coming up with dream managerial combos, but Wassall and McClaren might not even have any interest in the job. 

McClaren was at Uni studying to move upstairs into a comfy office running a club.

Rooney is still here so that says they believe in him, which also means the players believe in him as it’s pretty obvious when they don’t.

So no, our best chance is actually just getting behind the bloke and give him that chance.

Draw a line under last season and see what happens.

Sitting here calling for his head, helping to continue this negative atmosphere which will spread like wildfire over the internet and follow into the ground when we can get back in, will be actively working against us.

Carry on though if that’s what you want, disagree strongly with what’s going on but it’s your voice to use.

I wouldnt be sad to see Rooney go, yes he kept us up but he also very nearly took us down, but then we dont get to see what goes on behind the scenes, how the players react to him and the constant rubbish he has had to deal with.

I am intrigued though to see who he could bring in player and staff wise, if the takeover ever materialised and he had funds to work with.  I would imagine there are a few decent players waiting on a phone call to say its all systems go.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I wouldnt be sad to see Rooney go, yes he kept us up but he also very nearly took us down, but then we dont get to see what goes on behind the scenes, how the players react to him and the constant rubbish he has had to deal with.

I am intrigued though to see who he could bring in player and staff wise, if the takeover ever materialised and he had funds to work with.  I would imagine there are a few decent players waiting on a phone call to say its all systems go.

We do not get Mount, Tomori and Wilson if it wasn’t for Lampard.

You can’t sign those kind of players on loan in January.

This is the summer, barely been any transfer activity at the minute, but who’s to say will want to come and play for Rooney.

The guy is a legend in the game, forget the memes, many will be in awe of what he has achieved and want to spend a year under him, soaking up all they can.

It’s another reason why it makes sense to stick with him.

10 games in, struggling, look like we’re heading for another relegation battle, that’s when you look to pull the trigger but you still have those players at the club. 

It’s a risk, but so is sacking him and bringing in whoever.

Maybe the club have a list of players ready to go, can see the quality and Rooney lure to pull it off.

As you say, this may even include staff changes.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Sitting here calling for his head, helping to continue this negative atmosphere which will spread like wildfire over the internet and follow into the ground when we can get back in, will be actively working against us.

Alternatively, blindly supporting no matter what poo gets thrown our way is just as toxic and detrimental to the long-term future of the club.