Rooney to Consider Quitting

Nuwtfly

I think we (supporters) have more right to consider quitting than Rooney.

Football is our hobby/culture/thing we expect to give us pleasure (some times). If there is no apparent prospect of enjoyment in the near term then why would we masochistically put our self through loads of pain when there could be other things to do?

I expect some people to tell me I live/bleed Derby and would go even if someone hit me with a bat every time I went. Fair play to you in this case.

For me I will need to have some reason to be optimistic to get me to go. I would not go to the cinema if there was only a piece of ?film on.

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

Would Rooney have been sacked if the club had been relegated.

The games he managed last season showed he's not ready for management.

Would new owners guarantee that he stays at the club.

Its his decision to walk away if the club is relegated.

If Derby are either relegated or stay up, the job of club manager still comes with a higher salary than most other clubs in league one or championship are willing to offer.

I read Rooneys on 90k per week as manager, that makes him one of the best paid managers in the championship.

17 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I think we (supporters) have more right to consider quitting than Rooney.

Football is our hobby/culture/thing we expect to give us pleasure (some times). If there is no apparent prospect of enjoyment in the near term then why would we masochistically put our self through loads of pain when there could be other things to do?

I expect some people to tell me I live/bleed Derby and would go even if someone hit me with a bat every time I went. Fair play to you in this case.

For me I will need to have some reason to be optimistic to get me to go. I would not go to the cinema if there was only a piece of ?film on.

I don’t think you can compare going to the cinema with being a football fan. Most of us, like it or not, have an emotional attachment to the football club that we don’t have with a specific film. 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Qualifications?

Personally, I've led Derby to back-to-back PL titles on FM21.  I'll do it for £80k so long as they put sausages beack on the club menu.

i too have an impressive managerial career on Football Manager and would offer my services for little, if not for the fact that i wouldn't have the option of reloading a lost game.