Rooney to Consider Quitting

Nuwtfly

11 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

Firstly, it was an 18-month contract he signed when coming here as a player, Derby paying him £42k and 32Red £48k. That is now over. 

At 90k as a manager, £4.7m, he would way above several other managers wages-wise in Britain, those in the PL. I'm sure discussions were had when he hung up his boots between the club, Rooney and sponsors and he is now on a more realistic £1m a year, in line with our managerial pay structure.

Here's the list:

20) Chris Wilder, Sheffield United

Wilder earns a reported £14,000 per week with a base salary of £675,000 per year.

19) Slaven Bilic, West Bromwich Albion

Slaven Bilic is the only other Premier League manager who is said to have an annual wage of less than £1million, earning a reported £17,700 per week.

18) Ralph Hasenhuttl, Southampton

Hassenhutl is one of the lowest-paid bosses in England’s top tier.

The 52-year-old earns £21,000 per week and an annual income of £1million.

17) Graham Potter, Brighton

Potter impressed at Swansea City before being appointed by Brighton in 2019 and is reported to be on the same wage as Hassenhutl, with an annual earning of £1million.

16) Dean Smith, Aston Villa

There is a significant hike in income to the next man on the list, with Aston Villa boss Dean Smith earning a reported £31,250 per week – translating to £1.5million per year.

15) Sean Dyche, Burnley

Sportekz claim Dyche’s salary is £2.4million per annum, but the Lancashire Telegraph have previously reported it could be as high as £3.5million.

14) Steve Bruce, Newcastle

One of the league’s most experienced managers, Steve Bruce is said to be on a weekly wage of £57,000, which translates into an annual salary of £2.75million.

13) David Moyes, West Ham

On slightly more than Bruce, West Ham boss David Moyes has an annual wage of £3million.

12) Scott Parker, Fulham

The former combative midfielder is said to earn a wage of £73,000 per week, which is £3.5million per year – surprisingly high for someone at the start of his managerial career.

11) Nuno Espirito Santo, Wolves

The Portuguese boss is said to now be on an annual wage of £4million, with weekly earnings of £85,000.

10) Roy Hodgson, Crystal Palace

Now 72, Roy Hodgson is the league’s oldest manager and is currently in his 44th year as a manager, his career having begun at Swedish club Halmstads in 1976. He is said to earn £4.5million per season.

9) Brendan Rodgers, Leicester

Reports indicate Brendan Rodgers earns £105,000 per week and has an annual salary of £5million.

? Mikel Arteta, Arsenal

Goal say the Spaniard’s salary is the same as Leicester boss Rodgers – an annual sum of £5million.

SEE ALSO | Highest Paid Players In Premier League: See 2021’s Top 10

7) Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Manchester United

The Norwegian was appointed permanently to the English club in March 2019 following a successful stint as a caretaker. He earns a reported £160,000 per week, which works out as £7.8million per annum.

6) Marcelo Bielsa, Leeds

Marcelo Bielsa is on a reported £166,660 per week – £8million per year, a figure which is higher than his Arsenal and Manchester United counterparts.

5) Frank Lampard, Chelsea

Frank Lampard is the fifth highest-paid manager in the Premier League, earning marginally more than Bielsa at £166,850 per week.

SEE ALSO | Top 5 Football Clubs With The Most Fans In Nigeria

4) Carlo Ancelotti, Everton

Sportekz claim Carlo Ancelotti’s salary is £11million per annum, but The Sun have reported Ancelotti’s deal is worth £14million over the course of a season.

3) Jose Mourinho, Tottenham

The Daily Mail claim Mourinho is on a £15million-a-year contract at Spurs, making him the third highest-paid manager in the Premier League, with a whopping weekly wage of a £313,000.

2) Jurgen Klopp, Liverpool

The Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is very well paid and pockets marginally more than Mourinho at Spurs. Sportekz claim his weekly wage is £313,500, which is around £15million per season.

1) Pep Guardiola, Manchester City

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola last signed a contract extension in 2018, with the Daily Mirror reporting his annual salary is a whopping £30million.

Guardiola’s weekly wage is £417,500.

One of my absolute favorite things is fans who KNOW how much players and managers are earning...!! every one of those examples you have "researched" comes from some hack of a reporter guessing, estimating, fabricating to make it fit in with whatever ******** agenda they have.

You have zero idea how much Jose Mourinho earns, just like you have zero idea how much I earn from my blossoming modelling career and you have zero idea how much @David earns from this or @Angry Ram earns from selling his body or @DarkFruitsRam7 earns from selling his seed on line...but hey...why worry about that..

the way i feel about it all at the moment is , whoever you are be it owner, management , player or cleaner if you want to leave Derby County then go now and shut the door behind you , we need a massive rebuild from top to bottom , its not going to be pretty for awhile but small steps can get us back on the road to recovery and give us a club we can be proud of again

I agree to a point with the statements that the clubs profile alone would still be a big draw for a potential manager, particularly up and coming lower league, but you simply can't ignore the off-field carnage and how it looks to a potential manager.

In our own lives you might see a job advert for a company that previously was well thought of but has recently been in the news due to potentially looming administration and waves of redundancies then you probably think to yourself, "actually, I'll stay put". A hapless relegation fodder team with little chance to change it is still going to sit on a managers CV as a failure and people might suggest that they couldn't make the step up, regardless of the underlying reasons.

We haven't got a pot to piss in so you will get a few journeymen and chancers or a complete rookie looking to start somewhere.

20 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

One of my absolute favorite things is fans who KNOW how much players and managers are earning...!! every one of those examples you have "researched" comes from some hack of a reporter guessing, estimating, fabricating to make it fit in with whatever ******** agenda they have.

You have zero idea how much Jose Mourinho earns, just like you have zero idea how much I earn from my blossoming modelling career and you have zero idea how much @David earns from this or @Angry Ram earns from selling his body or @DarkFruitsRam7 earns from selling his seed on line...but hey...why worry about that..

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/Derby-county/

1 minute ago, Macintosh said:

ha ha ha ha ha......yeah it must all be true then, because as we all know everything that is published on the INTERNET is 100% true...

i take it all back, you DO know how much Jose and Klippety Klopp are earning because they opened their bank account details to a dodgy website just for you...

53 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Get Ian Evatt in. Let’s develop a team that takes no messing and plays good attacking football.

#Clipboards to be banned.

I fully agree with the Evatt bit, but its the developing a team bit i think we'll struggle with. You any good at centre back?

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

ha ha ha ha ha......yeah it must all be true then, because as we all know everything that is published on the INTERNET is 100% true...

i take it all back, you DO know how much Jose and Klippety Klopp are earning because they opened their bank account details to a dodgy website just for you...

Salarysport is used by journalists and funded by newspapers to gather the information, it takes them around three months to collate each and every year, they have been producing these figures for six seasons now; it's not just so that people like you can do a ha ha ha and choose not to believe it. It also matches other websites doing similar. The only information it does not include is bonuses and signing-on fees. I'm guessing you query the weight on the back of your packet of biscuits and how quick your internet speed is. Have a great life.

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

I was referring to this bit that I highlighted :

Firstly, it was an 18-month contract he signed when coming here as a player, Derby paying him £42k and 32Red £48k. That is now over. 

At 90k as a manager, £4.7m, he would way above several other managers wages-wise in Britain, those in the PL. I'm sure discussions were had when he hung up his boots between the club, Rooney and sponsors and he is now on a more realistic £1m a year, in line with our managerial pay structure.

I’m not sure if this can be substantiated.

8 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

Salarysport is used by journalists and funded by newspapers to gather the information, it takes them around three months to collate each and every year, they have been producing these figures for six seasons now; it's not just so that people like you can do a ha ha ha and choose not to believe it. It also matches other websites doing similar. The only information it does not include is bonuses and signing-on fees. I'm guessing you query the weight on the back of your packet of biscuits and how quick your internet speed is. Have a great life.

yep, all sounds great except for one thing that I highlighted for you.... ha ha ha but yeah, you keep believing....

13 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I was referring to this bit that I highlighted :

I’m not sure if this can be substantiated.

Absolutely sounds like a made-up list of figures, copied off t'interweb.

5 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/wayne-rooney-Derby-county-record-32red-sponsorship-deal

Eighteen months contract, one of many articles that were aware of the deal.

From the article

“Wayne Rooney’s reported UK£90,000 (US$109,000) weekly wage”

important bit in bold again!

Is there a source for the £1 million a year management wage?