B4 - for ever a Ram 🐏

angieram

12 minutes ago, Rample said:

Wow. Sad times.

He's been knocking around the old DET and other forums as long as I have (pushing 20 years). Back then he had a much longer name that was his full surname and first name punctuated by numbers. Thankfully it was shortened it to B4.

First thing I really remember of him was he used to make the craziest transfer suggestions.

One that sticks in the memory is when Chelsea were battling to sign Mateja Kezman as their new no.9/Hasselbaink's replacement, B4 decided he would probably prefer to come to us and help in a Championship relegation battle because he'd start more games and score more goals. In the next few years a number of similarly unfeasible suggestions were made, we need a left winger, how about this guy from Ajax, who promptly went to La Liga or somewhere else for Β£20m.

That sums up B4's love of football and his unbridled positivity and hope for me. He probably always aimed a bit too high, but that was an amazing belief to have and I hope he carried it through all aspects of life.

I think at first a few of us were like, what the heck is this kid on about, but he soon won us over with his pure love and enthusiasm, and was accepted as a part of those forums' familes. His confidence grew amazingly over time and he pretty much created himself a role as official cheerleader, not just for the team, but when the fanbase was growing tired of poor football or bad results he would pep us up too and make us smile.Β I will also commend him for doing brilliantly to overcome his dyslexia, the improvement in his posts was monumental.

I'm not sure over the past 20 years I've seen a page on any main Derby forum without one of his threads, he will leave a gap and any forum will be a little less bright without his input.

In his memory I'd love to see a pinned thread for positive stories and comments only, that would seem fitting as he always saw and hoped for the best...

...except for NIck Blackman, my god he hated Nick Blackman. LOL

RIP B4

Β 

Β 

The only thing he hated more than Nick Blackman, was Nick Blackman in a pink shirt.πŸ˜‚

Devastating news, such a loss. I always remember his "unique" spelling in the titles of his posts, always brought a smile to my face, I don't know why, but it was his unbridled enthusiasm that always shone through. He truly was the most super of all superfans.Β 

RIP mate, and huge love to all your family.

Such sad news.

Condolences to his family and everyone who knew him personally and virtually.

I never met him personally and had very few interactions with him on the forums, but when it came to passion for the game and love for the club, it was second to none and hugely admirable.

Definitely the kind of person you’d want to stand with on the terraces, shoulder-to-shoulder.Β He would have set my mother straight if he had heard her say β€˜there’s more to life than football’ or β€˜football isn’t paying the bills’, that’s for sure.

I hope today was the start of something special for us this season.Β It would be a fitting tribute if Warne and the boys could go on to win promotion and win the EFL Trophy and he can watch on from his seat in the sky.

RIP B4, a sad loss for our community.

This is unbelievably sad news. I stood next to B4 and his dad at the famous Leeds play off game - not that I realised it at the time. Both he and his dad were lovely. I was there and my own and we had a good chat before and throughout the game and celebrated together at full time.Β 

I will always remember two things. One, just how many people came over to him to say hello and have a quick chat. I think a testament to how well liked he was, not just on the forum, but by those at the matches too. Secondly, his unwavering belief and passion. I remember him slapping the badge on his chest at half time, telling me not to give up on them because we will win, and then at full time, with immense delight, β€˜I told you! I told you! They will never let you down!’

My thoughts go out to his family. If you read this I hope you can take some solace in knowing how many people were touched by Daniel and how many people remember him. I only met him once, but he will live on in my memory.Β 

Be more B4. Rest in peace.Β 

Very sad news and my sincere condolences to his family on the loss of Daniel. He was Mr Derby through and through and always a source of positivity despite this! Away days won't be the same without bumping into him and his dad pre match for a catch up and chat.

I was lucky enough to meet him through this forum a few years ago. Me and my mate @South east ramΒ were intrigued by his postings. Somehow we saw his picture on here, and then couldn't believe our luck when we were sat next to him and his dad at an away game, possibly at Ipswich, through the fortuitous chance of the ticketing system. We felt slightly star struck but I summoned the courage to speak to them and ask if he was B4 from the forum. It turned out he was also a close neighbour to my mate's family in Derby. Small world.

Since then we frequently saw each other at away games and had a chat, the last time being at Stevenage. Very sad looking back on it thinking we won't meet Daniel again for a chin wag and see how he's been and what he's been up to.

On our long drives up and down to Derby me and South east would talk about Daniel and what he had to say about Derby, and it was a privilege to regularly also meet the man himself and his devoted dad.

Derby have lost a great supporter, and his family an great son and brother. Goodbye DanielΒ πŸ˜ͺ

Β 

Β 

4 minutes ago, DCFC_Sloth said:

I will always remember two things. One, just how many people came over to him to say hello and have a quick chat. I think a testament to how well liked he was, not just on the forum, but by those at the matches too. Secondly, his unwavering belief and passion. I remember him slapping the badge on his chest at half time, telling me not to give up on them because we will win, and then at full time, with immense delight, β€˜I told you! I told you! They will never let you down!’

I was one of the people who said hello to him at Leeds away. It was the first time I ever went up and spoke to him in real life.

He was adamant that we would turn it around. And, for once, his (some would say blind) faith was justified.

Forever glad I went to say hello to him that night, as every subsequent interaction with him over the years was an absolute pleasure.

Hugely sad news.

I always loved the energy he would muster up for the most banal midweek winter evening game. He would come here and write paragraphs of prose on how we should turn Pride Park into a fortress and sing our hearts out and show the lads we support them and then after that we'll go on a title charge etc etc

In the nicest way possible, you'd be thinking "steady on there mate, it's only Peterborough at Home!" But it meant that much to him. Every single game. He never took a single game of football for granted. It was his passion and he gave it his heart and soul, and he never ever took it for granted.Β 

I like to think I'm a passionate Rams fan but I'm a mere armchair casual in comparison.