B4 - for ever a Ram 🐏

angieram

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I have some very sad news this evening.Β  Daniel (B4) died earlier this week. He was just 38.

As you know, he has been battling numerous health conditions for a long time, but always remained cheerfulΒ  and was the most loyal supporter of his beloved Rams, home and away.

He was at the match at Crewe and gave his full support as always.Β 

Daniel leaves behind a grieving dad, mum and sister. Our thoughts go out to them and we only hope they get a little comfort from knowing how well loved Daniel is by all who know him.Β 

Here are a couple of photos that his dad agreed could be shared. I'm sure many of you have others, as Daniel loved a selfie at the game.

David is hoping to arrange a more fitting tribute in time, but for now please raise a glass in his memory and a good Derby win today. I am sure that's what Daniel would have been doing tonight.

Β 

FB_IMG_1699725136962.jpg

FB_IMG_1699725154697.jpg

Just got back from the game and a great day to read this heartbreaking sad news πŸ₯²πŸ₯²πŸ₯²,

Forget the scoreline , was going to post in match thread that this was the best performance of the season by a mile in terms of organised , compact , work rate ,spirit and playing as a unit

now I don’t give a stuff how stupid this makes me sound but so many times b4 posted he wished he could do the team talk ,,, well to my mind somehow in ways we don’t understand or believe in , he did todays team talk .

R I P b4 son , 🐏🐏🐏 and deepest sympathy to your family and friends who have lost someone very special πŸ₯²

Edited by Archied

I don’t contribute much to this forum but read it daily and know all of the characters on here and B4 was one who always shone through.Β 

I’m so sorry to learn of this news. His positivity about our beloved Rams never, ever waned. Even if the rest of us sometimes wondered why we bothered B4 would always remind us why we do. He will be missed in here.Β 

Sincere condolences to his family, friends and loved ones.

RIP B4.Β 

I have been viewing the DCFC rams forum for around 10 years. I have never needed to open a account, as I only care about checking what my fellow Rams family have to say, until now………

B4 - I have finally registered to this fine forum to pay tribute to you. I have met you a few times at away matches and have always revelled in the hundreds of posts that you wrote. You were an absolute inspiration and beacon of positivity, thank you for always improving my mood. I hope you find the best fish and chip shop up there pal.

I also hope you can sprinkle some magic for the remainder of the season to see us to promotion, nobody deserves this more than you my friend. 🐏

Oh no, I’ve only just seen this. This is devastating news, B4 was a huge part of this forum and hopefully always will be. My son and I had the absolute pleasure of meeting him and his Dad at the services on the way to Wembley for the Villa game and we had a lovely chat. What a passionate, loyal, positive, upbeat guy. I didn’t know B4 like some of you did, but I wish I had. Thinking of all Daniel’s family and friends, RIP B4.

Wow. Sad times.

He's been knocking around the old DET and other forums as long as I have (pushing 20 years). Back then he had a much longer name that was his full surname and first name punctuated by numbers. Thankfully it was shortened it to B4.

First thing I really remember of him was he used to make the craziest transfer suggestions.

One that sticks in the memory is when Chelsea were battling to sign Mateja Kezman as their new no.9/Hasselbaink's replacement, B4 decided he would probably prefer to come to us and help in a Championship relegation battle because he'd start more games and score more goals. In the next few years a number of similarly unfeasible suggestions were made, we need a left winger, how about this guy from Ajax, who promptly went to La Liga or somewhere else for Β£20m.

That sums up B4's love of football and his unbridled positivity and hope for me. He probably always aimed a bit too high, but that was an amazing belief to have and I hope he carried it through all aspects of life.

I think at first a few of us were like, what the heck is this kid on about, but he soon won us over with his pure love and enthusiasm, and was accepted as a part of those forums' familes. His confidence grew amazingly over time and he pretty much created himself a role as official cheerleader, not just for the team, but when the fanbase was growing tired of poor football or bad results he would pep us up too and make us smile.Β I will also commend him for doing brilliantly to overcome his dyslexia, the improvement in his posts was monumental.

I'm not sure over the past 20 years I've seen a page on any main Derby forum without one of his threads, he will leave a gap and any forum will be a little less bright without his input.

In his memory I'd love to see a pinned thread for positive stories and comments only, that would seem fitting as he always saw and hoped for the best...

...except for NIck Blackman, my god he hated Nick Blackman. LOL

RIP B4

Β 

Β 

This is news that just stops you in your tracks. There’s really nothing more to say than has already been said but I hope his family, in the midst of their anguish, are able to feel proud that they gave the support to B4 to enable him to be the positive influence that he was.

His enthusiasm and spelling will live forever on this forum.

RIP B4, I’m so pleased to have known you through this forum.

2 minutes ago, Rample said:

Wow. Sad times.

He's been knocking around the old DET and other forums as long as I have (pushing 20 years). Back then he had a much longer name that was his full surname and first name punctuated by numbers. Thankfully it was shortened it to B4.

First thing I really remember of him was he used to make the craziest transfer suggestions.

One that sticks in the memory is when Chelsea were battling to sign Mateja Kezman as their new no.9/Hasselbaink's replacement, B4 decided he would probably prefer to come to us and help in a Championship relegation battle because he'd start more games and score more goals. In the next few years a number of similarly unfeasible suggestions were made, we need a left winger, how about this guy from Ajax, who promptly went to La Liga or somewhere else for Β£20m.

That sums up B4's love of football and his unbridled positivity and hope for me. He probably always aimed a bit too high, but that was an amazing belief to have and I hope he carried it through all aspects of life.

I think at first a few of us were like, what the heck is this kid on about, but he soon won us over with his pure love and enthusiasm, and was accepted as a part of those forums' familes. His confidence grew amazingly over time and he pretty much created himself a role as official cheerleader, not just for the team, but when the fanbase was growing tired of poor football or bad results he would pep us up too and make us smile.Β I will also commend him for doing brilliantly to overcome his dyslexia, the improvement in his posts was monumental.

I'm not sure over the past 20 years I've seen a page on any main Derby forum without one of his threads, he will leave a gap and any forum will be a little less bright without his input.

In his memory I'd love to see a pinned thread for positive stories and comments only, that would seem fitting as he always saw and hoped for the best...

...except for NIck Blackman, my god he hated Nick Blackman. LOL

RIP B4

Β 

Β 

A lovely tribute πŸ‘

Surely B4 has opened more threads than anyone else? He just loved a positive pre/postmatch rant/prediction/call to arms.

He never minded what other people thought and was always so good natured in all his posts.

What about turning the forum pink for a day as a good natured tribute! Or maybe not...

Thoughts go to everyone close to him.

Β 

Heard the sad news earlier today, Daniel was a good friend of mine, saw him at many away games always wanted a chat about the Rams , like Angie said he had many health issues but his love for the Rams always shined bright , the Derby County family has lost another legend , I raise my glass to Daniel /B4 you will be missed mate , would also like to pass on my sincere condolences to his family at this sad time