B4 - for ever a Ram ๐Ÿ

angieram

Over 9 years ago I took my lad to his first away game. Charlton, midweek in the 6 weeks holidays.ย 
ย 

A game Iโ€™ll never forget. He was only 5 at the time. I could see that as soon as we walked into the ground, he might struggle with just how loud it was. We got to our seat and the game just about to kick off and everybody standing. He was only 4 foot tall so I told him to stand on his seat. He still couldnโ€™t see properly but at least it was better. The next minute, a friendly face appeared offering us both a sweet, unbeknown to me at the time it was B4 - my lad then fell down the back of his seat hurting both his legs. B4 was straight there making sure he was OK and for the next 90 minutes made regular check ins with him to see if he was OK and reassuring him not all games are like that.ย 
ย 

At HT we spoke at length and swapped user IDโ€™s on dcfcfans. The next day I received the below message direct from Daniel. It epitomises everything about the guy and from that moment, heโ€™s always held a special place in my heart and always will do. Not many like him but Iโ€™m so glad our paths crossed that night.ย 
ย 

RIP buddy, DCFC wonโ€™t be the same place without you. ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™
ย 

IMG_6207.png

What sad news. It has brought a lump to my throat when I read this.ย 
This lad was Derby through and through. He always brought a smile to my face when giving a rallying call and when he had felt hard done by at an away game and woe betide any opposition fan or steward upsetting him.

I had a look back at the PMโ€™s I have had from him. These probably best describe the person he was. One message during Covid asked if I was ok and he said maybe I can help you when he sensed I was feeling down. Another giving me some friendly advice on the new James Bound film and his last message regarding his arthritis and my missusโ€™s hip replacement.ย 
I never met him although I saw him regularly at away matches giving his full support to Derby, however it felt like he was my friend.

Such devastating news. I Feel really sad to see the news this morning. Reading through the rest of this thread i hope he knew how much he was loved by the Derby County Community.ย 

I didnt know him personally but felt i knew him through his posts on here.ย 

Such a positive poster, he always saw the good side in things & even when were playing badly he supported the boys & believed in the club

RIP B4

Such sad news.

Didnโ€™t know him but saw him at some away games and absolutely loved his posts, which always made me chuckleโ€ฆ..especially advice on getting to away games.

Saw him in Matlock about 3 hours before kick off for the big pre-season friendlyโ€ฆโ€ฆabsolute super fan.

From his posts, he also appeared to be a super-son who hero worshipped his dad as well as the Rams.

Thoughts are with family and friends at their terrible loss.

ย 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

ย 

A stranger we had yet to meet.
Our paths had never crossed.
And yet, it seems, we knew him well,
A dear friend we have lost.

A heart of gold, a Kindly soul,
A friendly word to each.
A clumsy gaff may oft appear,
But neโ€™er offence be reached.

A call to arms, a plea for fight,
A positive embrace.
Defiant stance, a pumping fist,
A smile on his face.

Hatred of pink, and all things red,
More strangers for him to meet.
โ€œA sea of black and whiteโ€ heโ€™d call,
โ€œLetโ€™s all stand at our seatโ€!

A disregard for marriage,
for relationships of two,
โ€œNever, everโ€ he would wail,
โ€œThat would never doโ€!

Yet he loved all, and we loved him.
His quirks always forgiven,
His stubbornness frustrated,
But missed, now heโ€™s in Heaven.

The truest Ram, amongst us all,
Now gone for evermore.
For Daniel, for DCFC
Letโ€™s all be more B4

xxx
๐Ÿ๐Ÿค

This is exceptional what a fine tribute๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

RIP Daniel / B4 , was always a joy to have in this forum. Weโ€™ve lost one of our family but together as fans in his honour letโ€™s stick together because he was glue of positivity that kept us together. Sadly ย I wasnโ€™t at the game yesterday but Iโ€™m sure he would have been filled with pride about his beloved rams. Never forgotten and rest easy. Once a ram always a ๐Ÿย 

6 hours ago, Cisse said:

Crushed to hear this terrible news. My heart goes for the family of Daniel. So often he lifted my spirits and made me smile. He was theย  of a SUPPORTER. You will be missed.ย 

RIP B4 - Daniel

I noticed that I missed a word on my post. I meant to say about B4 that he was the epitome of a SUPPORTER. I guess B4 if anyone will understand me making a mistake while emotional.ย 

ย