Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

You're right but I think what Newcastle fans are frustrated about is that the club doesn't seem to show any ambition to get better. It's the same every single season. 

If you look at it though the last few windows they’ve broke there transfer record a few times Almiron 23 million willock 25 million joelinton was 40 million. He has shown ambitions in times when needed. He’s backed his managers unlike Mel who sacked them for 3 bad results at times. Look at the 4 years before he came in they were hovering below mid table. He got them relegated twice yes but the premier league changed by then with mass money being thrown about. When he has got them relegated he’s bracket the manager selling players and bringing in cheaper alternatives and twice got them straight back up. I think he gets a hard time from Newcastle fans because they think they deserve to be up there from 1 good season about 25 years ago. Also hos bad rep ckr we from hos sports direct and Debenhams etc where he’s poorly ran them. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

We’ll hold Gboro responsible if it happens.  
Mind you, he has got “boro” in his username, hmmmmmmm?

Hmmmm indeed. Glorious Boro perhaps.

How you doing with the Coughing Abdabs? Hopefully being well looked after by Nursey. That would be a plus.

Edited by Boycie
You filthy beast!

2 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

They have if you compare it to where they were 4 & 11 years before he arrived, but not really if you compare it to where they were 3 years or 7-10 years before!

Really they've just re-found the level they historically have played at for pretty much their entire existence before the Premier League came along.  A mid table (with a few deviations between upper & lower mid table) top tier team with mixed with a few spells in the second division.

They had some great times under Kevin Keegan and then Bobby Robson challenging for titles and that seems to be the cause for much of their delusion that they should be competing at the top end now, but that isn't the norm for them as a club and you have to go back to 1927 for the last time they were the champions of England.

In between Keegan & Robson they only finished 13th, 13th, 11th, 11th. After Robson left 14th, 7th under Souness then 13th in the season before Ashley.

Under Ashley they've have PL finishes of 12th, 18th, 12th, 5th, 16th, 10th, 15th, 18th, 10th, 13th, 13th, 12th.

They're exactly where they should be, and need to stop bloody moaning about it.

This.  Spot on post @Coconut's Beard One of my mates is Toon through and through (hailing from "God's country" as he calls it) and he readily admits they're a mid table team at best.  Ashley is a businessman at the end of the day, and, 2 or 3 big spends aside, has run Newcastle on the basis of trying not to lose money, rather than aiming for the Europa or Champions Leagues, and risk being out of pocket.  I think that lack of so-called ambition is what irks some die hard fans who feel their club is big enough to be fighting for top 4.  That's where MM has failed, being a fan first and foremost (which I think probably over-rode his business sense) he wanted the glory of promotion and the riches it'd bring, ruining us in the process.  

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

It’s not hard to understand why some people feel that KM has a vendetta against us. For some reason he feels the need to have a dig at us in tweets that have nothing to do with us ??‍♂️ 

No words.most people outside  Derby wouldn’t get the dig anyway but what a gratuitous pathetic comment that as you say totally gives a lie to his protests that he doesn’t have a hatred for Derby,

Edited by PistoldPete

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

It’s not hard to understand why some people feel that KM has a vendetta against us. For some reason he feels the need to have a dig at us in tweets that have nothing to do with us ??‍♂️ 

He is not having a dig at us, he is having a dig at Mad Mel.....and rightly so, he needs digging out.

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

Based on pure guess work, that's what! Clearly I'm a bit off the mark.

You've forced me off my lazy chair and to do some research! In the PL era, our average league position finish within the pyramid is 6th in tier two, so a bit better than a mid-table team in all fairness.

Historically, the club have spent more seasons in the top tier than out of it, so again I've been pessimistic in my guess.

However... (and in my defence!)... since I became aware of DCFC as a seven-year old boy, in the near 50 seasons that have played out since, the majority have been played outside of the top flight (31 tier 2or 3, compared to 18 tier 1). Even since our (only) FA Cup win in 1946, well over half of the campaigns have been outside of the top division (46 outside; 29 inside).

According to http://alltimeleaguetable.co.uk/, that's an average position of 26 but still the 21st best in the country.
It's also a little bit out of date. Average is now 26.8, but I believe we stay 21st best as we would have overtaken Ipswich, with Palace overtaking us.

For reference, here's a little graph depicting our league finishes. Red lines show the current league boundaries, and the orange is midtable Championship. Since the 70s (when you started watching us), even though the majority of seasons were spent in the 2nd Division, there are a heck of a lot more dots above the orange line than below it.

image.thumb.png.092f3eb0b42bba2010dfe22767754453.png

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Sorry for confusion have been busy at work this week but please is there any link or rumour that Mike Ashley is interested in Derby at all? 

None at all - although the fact someone's mentioned it on here means it must be true, right? ?