Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Firstly they want to see our demise (or as close to it as possible.)

Secondly, they will use our demise to hold up as an example that the current rules don't work, therefore the clubs and more importantly,  the EPL, must vote to change them.

It feels to me like we are collateral damage in a bigger battle.

The fact that we are a "big club" helps their case.

Can the supporters groups collectively make a public statement regarding Efl’s conduct, and boycott all future meetings with them unless and until they cooperate and undertake genuinely to assist with the rescue of the club. 

who are these Efl representatives that are fobbing us off?

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Can the supporters groups collectively make a public statement regarding Efl’s conduct, and boycott all future meetings with them unless and until they cooperate and undertake genuinely to assist with the rescue of the club. 

No idea, but I will ask. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

The thing is, I can see no logical reason why the club did not appy given the serious position we were in.

I still suspect the EFL are being a little disingenuous in their reply to this question. The terms of the loan stated that it wasn't available to clubs in breach, or suspected of being in breach, of regulations. Clearly we were suspected of being in breach. If I was a betting man, my money would be on: we didn't apply because we knew we didn't meet the criteria (or were possibly even told by the EFL that we wouldn't be successful - clearly some communications was taking place regarding the loan) and the club asked for an extension in the hope of resolving the charges in time.

Exactly. The timing is significant. The applications were required by end of July 2020 , the IDC verdict was on 25 August which found us substantially not guilty. 

so that’s entirely consistent with us applying for an extension pending satisfactory resolution of the charges pending.

so still the Efl trying to swerve the main issue which is that it is their own charges that made us ineligible for the loan.

19 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Another BZI in the waiting.

If you google them Google takes you to the Carlyle Group, an investment firm worth billions. Its only when you search a bit more do you find the Carlisle Corporation, with a website akin to BZIs and a revenue less than 5 million dollars a year.

They must be the broker for a bigger buyer.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Another BZI in the waiting.

If you google them Google takes you to the Carlyle Group, an investment firm worth billions. Its only when you search a bit more do you find the Carlisle Corporation, with a website akin to BZIs and a revenue less than 5 million dollars a year.

They must be the broker for a bigger buyer.

https://binniemedia.com/ This is their media group though, so not just Carlisle Capital.

36 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

That all sounds very garbled and not consistent with publicly available information.

are they saying the loans had to be repaid by 31 July 2021? And we couldn’t commit to that ? If so Well I wouldn’t be surprised .. what’s the point of a loan to cover losses from COVID that needs to be repaid whilst those losses are still accumulating? 

no, they mean any funds not distributed to clubs had to be returned to the lender by 31st, so us asking for the extension a couple of days before this was not possible.

23 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Exactly. The timing is significant. The applications were required by end of July 2020 , the IDC verdict was on 25 August which found us substantially not guilty. 

so that’s entirely consistent with us applying for an extension pending satisfactory resolution of the charges pending.

so still the Efl trying to swerve the main issue which is that it is their own charges that made us ineligible for the loan.

I think it comes down to Mel not being wiling to provide the commitment to funding the repayments that was required, probably because he had an eye on admin even then

6 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

So did I Eddie, so did I.

And if you listen to the podcast, as I do, it's quite clear it's a mildly humorous prod at Mel.

I would rather stick pins in my eyes than listen to a podcast featuring Kieran maguire. 

as I have said there is nothing funny either about COVID or Derby’s financial difficulties. And if it was a prod at Mel Morris, how come the administrators , who are genuinely professional accountants with real business experience also cited COVID as the reason for the administration? 

anyone with actual business experience would realise that a sudden collapse of two thirds of your revenue is a financial catastrophe which no one could have expected.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I would rather stick pins in my eyes than listen to a podcast featuring Kieran maguire. 

as I have said there is nothing funny either about COVID or Derby’s financial difficulties. And if it was a prod at Mel Morris, how come the administrators , who are genuinely professional accountants with real business experience also cited COVID as the reason for the administration? 

anyone with actual business experience would realise that a sudden collapse of two thirds of your revenue is a financial catastrophe which no one could have expected.

Oh Pete, the pins go in Maguire's eyes! ?

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

No evidence for that whatsoever.

the EFL have said we wouldn't provide evidence re repayments, "In addition, the Club was still not a position to provide evidence as to its ability to repay the loan." the bit about Mel is my opinion of why we wouldn't do that

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I thought the loans were distributed in 2020? 

the £8.3m was in 2021, but any funds not distributed by the EFL after the application process had closed were to be returned to MetLife Investment Management by 31st

24 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Just on this point, there have been so many inconsistencies, changes of tact, miss-information, delays and any number of other issues from the EFL, aptly called out by so many on this forum, that such a statement ought to include a history of the EFL's treatment of us.  The EFL constantly dodge the issues with politically spun responses, and just fall back to quoting their (inconsistently applied) rules.

Don't get me wrong, Mel massively messed up in lots of ways (arrogance, naivete, poor decisions) but the EFL's treatment of us has gone beyond acceptable and there must surely be a strong argument to say they have in fact massively contributed to our current demise and have, for the past 24 months, through embargoes, ridiculous appeals and unexplained delays played a key role in leading us to where we are today. I find it incredibly frustrating that they seem to be able to don huge Teflon coats, avoid all accountability and that someone (I honestly don't know who though) isn't holding them to real account on this, if not for our benefits, then those of all other EFL members. 

It would be great to see a single document listing all the issues over this time, the EFL's responses and the counter-arguments on behalf of Derby pointing out impacts / inconsistencies / rationale etc.