Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Mike Ashley is a horrible thing. But has managed to run Newcastle a million times better than our superfan owner.

Ashley just wouldn’t run the club like that, he’s profit driven (with high commercial intelligence). It wouldn’t be boom or bust, it would be boring - which we could do with for a few years. 

Ashley has never driven a £28m debt up with the HMRC for starters! 

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

Ashley would probably be ok for DCFC at the moment. 

For the way he allowed his workers to live in Shirebrook he can duck off and die.

I don’t know anyone that’s ever worked there so can’t comment, but I heard similar things about Amazon then did a site visit at one of their warehouses and it was good. I think sometimes these things are blown out of proportion. 

'It has been unclear if alleged piracy or alleged human rights abuses by Saudi Arabia were the central issue, but they have been rendered immaterial now that PIF is regarded as a different entity.

That is despite Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman also being chair of PIF and being accused of ordering the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, which the Kingdom's leader denies.'

Fit and proper............

8 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Yes he could do that Stive let’s hope so. I’m guessing he could only charge dcfc about £2million/year for rent but a secure investment all the same. My only problem with that, is why didn’t he buy the stadium outright in the first place, why pay a penny in interest to MSD?

Rent should be £3.5-4m given the sale price.

We have actually been paying £1.1m.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

9 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

But from what I’ve heard/read and please tell me if I’m wrong! Mel borrowed £81million from MSD to buy the stadium. So yes imo he will default rather than pay £8million/year in interest for no reason. 
Unless you think a buyer will come in and buy the stadium for £85million plus pay off all debts?

The original loam to buy the stadium was with Gabay, which has since been paid off. 

MSD was a £15m loan, topped up with an extra £4m, at 9% interest... believed to be to cover Covid.

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Ashley just wouldn’t run the club like that, he’s profit driven (with high commercial intelligence). It wouldn’t be boom or bust, it would be boring - which we could do with for a few years. 

Ashley has never driven a £28m debt up with the HMRC for starters! 

People's main gripe seems to be that he massively underpaid his workers...for that reason alone I'm in, ridiculous wage bills are a huge part of why we are in this mess. 

Edited by Chester40

31 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

People's main gripe seems to be that he massively underpaid his workers...for that reason alone I'm in, ridiculous wage bills are a huge part of why we are in this mess. 

It's not his footballers that he underpays. DCFC is not in poo because it overpays cleaners, admin staff and so on.

Ashley took over an established top half club, who only 10 years before were title candidates, and got them relegated twice in the span of a decade. They've gone backwards under him. Why anyone thinks he has the knowhow to get us "established in the Premier League" I don't know because he hasn't ever backed a manager in all his time there

6 hours ago, Yani P said:

'It has been unclear if alleged piracy or alleged human rights abuses by Saudi Arabia were the central issue, but they have been rendered immaterial now that PIF is regarded as a different entity.

That is despite Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman also being chair of PIF and being accused of ordering the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, which the Kingdom's leader denies.'

Fit and proper............

Well our Fake sheikh “? lid” passed the joke of a test too

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Ashley would probably be ok for DCFC at the moment. 

For the way he allowed his workers to live in Shirebrook he can duck off and die.

Just a question, What has living in Shirebrook to do with Ashley all be it his Warehpouse was situated there, Unless he bought the whole housing stock that is, There were buyers by the 100s offering silly money years ago, Making houses HMOs, There were double bedrooms made into 2 single rooms to get more beds in, The windows would have a partition running up against them to split down the middle.

His Empire in Shirebrook wasn't the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, But i'd take him over a State where human rights are non existant.

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I don’t know anyone that’s ever worked there so can’t comment, but I heard similar things about Amazon then did a site visit at one of their warehouses and it was good. I think sometimes these things are blown out of proportion. 

My nephew works for Amazon, dreadful company......