Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

3 minutes ago, KBB said:

I imagine if the takeover goes through at Newcastle and he no longer has any ties to a club that our administrator may well make a phone call to ask the question. Why wouldn't you?

Had a heart rules head owner perhaps time for a head rules heart one.

21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They are never happy - they are stable but obviously they can’t compete with the money from Man City United chelsea Liverpool etc 

obviously if their potential new owners take over it will push the noses out of a few premiership clubs so the premiership may well want that not to happen.

Ashley owning and investing in Derby county may well be the exact thing we need right now 

It’s quite scary to be honest. The NUFC fans have never liked him. But he did get them back up to the PL by selling players at a good price and bringing in cheaper versions which kept them within FFP I believe. 

I might be wrong of course. It would be interesting to know who the group of Americans are, who were reported to be looking around the club last weekend 

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What would be wrong with him Rev? 

They exist, not thrive, and have no ambition to compete.

I know that sounds ok right now, but look at what his ownership has done to a wonderful club.

I know people say Newcastle fans have a sense of entitlement, despite not having won anything in years, but look how his ownership has sucked any hope out of its supporters, and turned the entire fanbase against him.

They exist in a purgatory, between the club they've become, and the club a little ambition would become, an irrelevance beyond their fanbase, and an embarrassment to their diminishing fanbase.

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

They exist, not thrive, and have no ambition to compete.

I know that sounds ok right now, but look at what his ownership has done to a wonderful club.

I know people say Newcastle fans have a sense of entitlement, despite not having won anything in years, but look how his ownership has sucked any hope out of its supporters, and turned the entire fanbase against him.

They exist in a purgatory, between the club they've become, and the club a little ambition would become, an irrelevance beyond their fanbase, and an embarrassment to their diminishing fanbase.

That's Newcastle, would need to spend hugely to catch City, Chelsea, etc.

At Derby he'd be aiming for one or maybe two promotions to get to the PL, stabilise there, then sell at a large profit. Different from the Newcastle situation.

6 minutes ago, Tombo said:

No way things are so bad people are defending Mike Ashley and wishing he'd buy us.

We've got to get out of this mess soon, it's starting to twist our collective melons.

If it’s a toss up of no one and liquidation or Mike miserable Ashley I’m taking Ashley. Even if he saves us got us back in the champ and even sold us then I’d be happy. Sometimes you have to do or have things we don’t want and if this was one that my club survived I’d take it. Not many of these interested parties are going to take this club on with the debts and not owning a stadium some will walk. This all depends on how much hmrc can be brought down. If I had the money and it was costing me even 40 million of debt and then I’ve got to buy the stadium I would not buy Derby county for near 80 million it’s just financial suicide for how much income we would get in league 1

Edited by Barney1991

1 hour ago, rsmini said:

It’s quite scary to be honest. The NUFC fans have never liked him. But he did get them back up to the PL by selling players at a good price and bringing in cheaper versions which kept them within FFP I believe. 

I might be wrong of course. It would be interesting to know who the group of Americans are, who were reported to be looking around the club last weekend 

I was told it was mentioned who the Americans are at the forum thing the other night, although I haven't seen it in any of the meeting notes so not sure how true that is.

To be honest, there's worse than him in terms of owners. It's better than liquidation. But we would just be a Sportsdirect.com advertising vehicle, so for that reason alone, we'd probably get to the prem and stay there, but like a slightly poorer Newcastle, we'd just exist - OK, granted, existing is better than not.

36 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Mike Ashley used Newcastle to make money, but also made them an established premier league team without ruining them. He would be absolutely fine for us. 

Mike Ashley is a horrible thing. But has managed to run Newcastle a million times better than our superfan owner.