Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

It's fair to say that Mike Ashley does not project a likeable persona, but the 'Mike Ashley Ownership Model' is exactly what Derby County need if the club is to avoid another boom or bust ownership tenure.

If Mike Ashley did buy the Rams - and let's be honest, this is all absolute pie in the sky - he would probably do a decent job of getting them stabilised through some reasonable upfront investment, and then expect the club to punch it's weight - which in the current EFL set-up that is skewed massively by parachute payments means being a top ten Championship club.

That is Derby's reality without once again rolling the dice on an ownership that gambles on glory.

Football is broken.

2 hours ago, Tombo said:

Ashley took over an established top half club, who only 10 years before were title candidates, and got them relegated twice in the span of a decade. They've gone backwards under him. Why anyone thinks he has the knowhow to get us "established in the Premier League" I don't know because he hasn't ever backed a manager in all his time there

Well I have seen us relegated three times from the premiership if I remember correctly and as for not backing his manager that’s just nonsense they have some very good players at Newcastle but due to the standard of the opposition they tend to play negatively more often than not. Fifty odd years ago we were champions of England now we are in administration 

One thing we do know - Derby county needs help - Mike Ashley has money and has made Newcastle United a stable club and could do so with Derby county as well - we do not know anything about any other potential buyers, they could be brilliant or utterly dreadful and if he ultimately threw his hat in the ring of potential buyers I wouldn’t be upset at the prospect because we are where we are.

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The original loam to buy the stadium was with Gabay, which has since been paid off. 

MSD was a £15m loan, topped up with an extra £4m, at 9% interest... believed to be to cover Covid.

Ah, I read somewhere that Mel had borrowed all the amount for the stadium and the £19million was against the club.

Well that is a slightly better position, are you saying that Mel himself owns the stadium outright without any loans then?

9 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Skipped a few pages and alarmed to see this discussion about Mike Cashley.

Is there a serious link or is it just speculation based on the supposed imminent sale of Newcastle and our desperation to be associated with anyone with more than a few quid?

Speculation I believe, although just googled Mike Ashley Derby County and found an article saying he’s likely to be interested in buying a Championship club……… mentions Sheff Wed so not sure how recent it is

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Rent should be £3.5-4m given the sale price.

We have actually been paying £1.1m.

The £2million I stated was just a guesstimate of what I thought dcfc could afford to pay in rent. Do you think any new owner could afford to pay £3.5-4m a year in rent to Mel?

1 minute ago, Donnyram said:

Speculation I believe, although just googled Mike Ashley Derby County and found an article saying he’s likely to be interested in buying a Championship club……… mentions Sheff Wed so not sure how recent it is

Well we have them at an advantage then - we are in administration ???

I find it a very interesting position to be in. We as a fan base have wanted all sorts of people to run us from the local businessman to foreign oligarchs.

Regardless, we find ourselves in administration, in millions worth of debt, looking at the barrel of league 3 (lets not pretend by virtue of names that it is anything else).

Any person, organisation, consortium or whatever who has the accumin, money and desire to save this club, and get us out of the mess we are in and help us compete again has my backing. The responsibility for weeding out the chaff lays at the administrators door.

Hopefully whenever this does happen our fan base will be more realistic with where we are and what we can spend etc moving forward so we never end up like this again.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

The sale price would have reflected development opportunities and plans in place. 

The rent reflected the fact that the club only used the ground for x amount of days per year.

That's not how a value was reached according to the original decision doc. Development opportunities and plans were not considered.

The document said a cost per seat to build a new equivalent stadium was estimated based on current facilities. In our case that was a range of £3-3.5k. Given our capacity, that was £100-117m.
Finance costs of 5% added on, and then value deducted based on age/depreciation/obsolescence of c30%.
Land value then added on at £3.3-4.1m
DRC value was therefore £77.4-89.5m

You know were were being sneaky with the rent. JLL actual assessed market rent to be £4.16m. We stated £1.1m for 100 days of use, but the rental agreement doesn't state a limit on the number of days use. 
In fact, now that I've re-read the decision doc, I've noticed that the club and EFL were still in discussions regarding the disparity in what the rent was and what it should have been.