Paul Warne

Day

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

For anyone interested 

Whilst RamsTV was on air and everyone was out on the pitch and in the stands celebrating, he was in the office with work to do, contacting Owen Bradley to ask him if he wants an interview.

The bloke is pure class, it’s not about him, it’s about the team from top to bottom and he feels genuine with it.

Just a real shame his brand of football has caused a rift between fans all season, this could potentially be the last promotion many fans will witness. 

I trust his abilities. We may not be play off contenders next season but given half decent recruiting we won’t be struggling.

PW and his team know what they are doing.  A small upgrade in first touch/natural ball skills, signing Ebou and a scary striker and we won’t be pushovers. 

I don’t agree with the criticism of his football style. It was designed and shaped by the necessity to get out of this league. This league isn’t pretty, the football often isn’t perfect either. We are somewhere else now. I am looking forward to the next chapter.?

Paul Warne, well done Sir! I have  been negative about how we played this year but the final result speaks for itself. Now you have really earned your chance to lead the team at the next level and I both believe and hope that the style of play will fit better in our new league.

Always thought Rotherham were a tough nut to crack and with just a few better players coming it will be an interesting continuation to follow.

Thanks to a really good fellow!

/Insta who happily admits I WAS WRONG

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'm fascinated to see how things play out next season. I feel/hope the style and control can come with better players and he will adjust.

I do find the City-style, backheels in your own box, way of playing pretty ridiculous and feel a solid defensive team can have success. I haven't seen much of the Championship this season, but speaking to a QPR mate, sounds like plenty of teams are trying to be like Pep.

We clearly need to bring in some better players, but also feel we have plenty of players who will be decend Championship starters and subs players..Wildsmith, Cashin, Nelson, Sibley, Nyambe, Thompson, NML, CBT, Smith, Wilson, Forsyth. Hopefully Adams and probably some I've forgotten.

It will be fascinating to see if he can adapt his tactics, and fascinating to see who he buys. I am pleased that you, and a great many, seem to think he will be ok. I wouldn’t be disappointed if you/they were right. But enough from me about Warne, certainly for a couple of months. After today, he deserves a break.

2 hours ago, TheTinMan said:

I have a hunch we might be better suited to the Championship and the better quality opposition. We don't under Warne look like breaking down sides we're expected to dominate and today was no exception. What we have done well by and large is be competitive against the better sides in this league. Its not pretty, its not really how I want us to play but if it gets results its a results business not an art gallery. 

This is my take as well, I suspect he shines as an underdog and in league 1 we've not been that.

Its a big thank you, Paul, from me! Surprise, surprise! You did what you were asked to do, and have grown and developed as a manager throughout the season. I hated some of the football we had dished up, and the stubborn intransigence at times, but in the end not only have we managed to drag ourselves out of this hell-hole, we have had a record number of away wins, best defensive record, and load of other "bests", so in the end, your football was effective. It might be that it was a deliberate choice for effective football", and the real "Warne-ball" will surface from now on - who knows? Right now, it doesn't matter. We are up!

Enjoy your summer, Paul!

Job done, on to next season.  I don't envisage the style of play changing much - managers tend to have a philosophy - but agree the style might suit not being favourites most games.  In the main though it'll be about playing this style more effectively.  

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

So who is a big enough person to eat a slice of humble pie?

According to the latest government figures, most people are big enough to eat 2 slices

... as long as it's delivered to the feckin' door! 👀