Paul Warne

Day

7 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

But the fact he had no interest in playing football once he got the golden ticket is poor in my opinion. Complete poohouse.

I don’t know what you do for a living but if the company you work for gave you a fixed term contract then chose not to assign you any tasks, you would probably not go elsewhere for (let’s say) half the money where you might or might not get assigned tasks. 

If he ever refused to play for Derby that’s a different matter but don’t think there’s evidence of that? In Rowett’s season he was selected in an emergency, came in and did well. 

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I don’t know what you do for a living but if the company you work for gave you a fixed term contract then chose not to assign you any tasks, you would probably not go elsewhere for (let’s say) half the money where you might or might not get assigned tasks. 

If he ever refused to play for Derby that’s a different matter but don’t think there’s evidence of that? In Rowett’s season he was selected in an emergency, came in and did well. 

But my job isn’t a dream job. 

It’s his prerogative not to kick a ball again. But I just find it poor that he had no interest in playing.

If somebody can prove that nobody came in for him or that we refused to loan him out then I’ll take it back. 

We’ll never agree on this one because out of all the players to grace our shirt he’s up there with my most disliked.

9 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

It’s his prerogative not to kick a ball again. But I just find it poor that he had no interest in playing.

If somebody can prove that nobody came in for him or that we refused to loan him out then I’ll take it back. 

We’ll never agree on this one because out of all the players to grace our shirt he’s up there with my most disliked.

It’s an interesting take you’ve got, so in the absence of proof that another team wanted him or the club didn’t try and offload him it’s all Anya’s fault, yet you can’t prove he had no interest in playing, how do you know he wasn’t doing all he could to be picked to play? Clubs are likely only going to show an interest in him if he was given an opportunity to show his ability on the pitch right? Can’t earn himself a move if he’s not in the shop window type thing. 

Looking at it objectively it was a massive failure as signings go taking into account the fee and wages, but it’s not on him that we paid the fee, or gave him the wages and contract. To hold such personal blame and dislike against him as a person seems odd to me, chalk it down to bad business by all parties involved and move on. 

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s an interesting take you’ve got, so in the absence of proof that another team wanted him or the club didn’t try and offload him it’s all Anya’s fault, yet you can’t prove he had no interest in playing, how do you know he wasn’t doing all he could to be picked to play? Clubs are likely only going to show an interest in him if he was given an opportunity to show his ability on the pitch right? Can’t earn himself a move if he’s not in the shop window type thing. 

Looking at it objectively it was a massive failure as signings go taking into account the fee and wages, but it’s not on him that we paid the fee, or gave him the wages and contract. To hold such personal blame and dislike against him as a person seems odd to me, chalk it down to bad business by all parties involved and move on. 

Obviously haven’t got any proof but this was a seasoned footballer not some rookie. I’d be astounded if we didn’t receive a few loan offers where we paid 70% or something like that. 

Not his fault we paid the silly money but it says it all that he’s now retired. 

Can’t help it, footballers who don’t like football irk me at the best of times. Add in how it shafted us and my dislike quadruples.

30 minutes ago, McArthur Park said:

May I ask why? It's their job, does everyone like the job that they do? Or do you do a job because you happen to be good at it? 

I do a job because I need money.

But I’d say 90% of footballers do it because they’re good and have an interest in it.

Its more school boys/girls dream so to have someone doing it to a good level who doesn’t like it is just bit unsavoury. 

Just my personal irk.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Liam Rosenior sacked by Hull for missing out on the play-offs .It is abundantly clear that almost every club in the Championship think that They deserve to be in the Prem. Luton have made it look like you can do it on a shoestring budget. But the majority of teams that make it , have blown between £50 m- £100million .

In the name of God and all things holy, not that term again

Edited by sage

3 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Ed Dawes reported that Birmingham came in for him on loan, he refused to go. It was a chance for him to earn himself a contract at another club after his contract expired here. He would have been paid the same, but Birmingham would have paid part of his wages.

4 hours ago, nottingram said:

Not sure that's true of everyone. If I enjoyed what I did I'd probably make that switch, particularly if 'half the money' would still be a lot of money. Some people enjoy what they do, want to challenge themselves to develop and achieve, and see doing their profession (well) as part of their identity. 

Anya clearly didn't, at least during his time with us. 

People change , learn, grow , they’re lives change ,

anya may well have loved football as a kid , he may have loved parts of his pro career but he may also have grown to dislike the pro football environment, let’s face it , it’s pretty cut throat and mercenary and some just don’t thrive in that space , it’s clear from reports that he didn’t fit into the laddish thing and developed different priorities in his life , he was clearly good enough to make a living and perhaps set himself and his family up for life if he got his head down and did the job he was good at and very well paid for which even if you love it is a short career, im not gonna slate him for that,

I get that it can irk to see that in someone who is in a position some of us would kill for though we don’t really know the pros and cons until we actually live it , I get it but to be fair it’s just jealousy 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

Really is a horrific site to read on mobile. Just an explosion of ads and junk. Can't believe they make money from it.

It's horrible, shame really because that article from Leigh Curtis is good.

I still have a big smile on my face and remember listening to a few middle aged men coming out of the Lincoln City ground after a well earned 0-0 away point.

Giving it “Well that’s top 2 gone, we will be lucky to make top 6……..” and then having to hold my tongue listening to another middle aged man in the row behind me throughout the final game against Carlisle Utd moan and groan with one of his best comments being “Derby your bl00dy rubbish get into these” as our players held their positions and controlled the game into another 2-0 win and victory.

I hope he left 10 minutes early to beat the traffic and moan all the way home before moaning at his wife and kids because Derby had the audacity to get promoted!

If you can’t enjoy the good times what’s the point…..a good away point at Lincoln City perhaps!!!!

🐏 🔵 🟢 

🖤 Love David Clowes 🖤

🖤 Love Paul Warne 🖤

🖤 Love Derby County 🖤