Paul Warne

Day

15 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Hard to argue that Warne isn't the best manager for League 1. 5 seasons, 4 promotions and a 7th place. As a record it is stunning. He also did it with an underfunded Rotherham team and Derby side severely restricted by post administration sanctions. 

We've also not looked particularly good all season. We've not dominated, but have generally been just good enough. Stratospheric improvements in set pieces, fitness and desire and flexible organisation have been what Warne has bought to the club. We've been very hard to beat often ground out results. 

Warne has absolutely earned the right to lead us into the Championship. Will his strengths work for us in the Championship? No idea, but looking forward to finding out. COYR

He’s done what was expected of a derby manager this season which was a difficult feat (when was the last time a manager lived up to the bookies expectations for us?) but his team expected promotion and a lot of fans expected the same so fair play to him.

I’ve found the football to be tough to watch at times but at the same time I’ve loved the season as a whole. The downs made the ups that much sweeter and I’m willing to put the football down to pragmatism in the face of restrictions to how he could shape his squad. I’ve always said I liked him as a guy and now as a manager he’s achieved success with us too. 

Im now reserving judgement on what his football can look like until after this unrestricted transfer window where hopefully he will get in the profile of player he wants. I don’t expect even a top half finish next season I just want to see a squad beginning to come together and take shape with a younger profile of player and to not be a chance of relegation in the last match of the season. 

Fair play to anyone who never lost faith particularly after the Stevenage away performance. His staff and he managed to turn it around from that point and went in a run that would have achieved 103 points if extrapolated over a 46 match season. That’s incredible dominance. 

All derby aren’t we? 

Edited by IlsonDerby

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

He’s done what was expected of a derby manager this season which was a difficult feat (when was the last time a manager lived up to the bookies expectations for us?) but his team expected promotion and a lot of fans expected the same so fair play to him.

I’ve found the football to be tough to watch at times but at the same time I’ve loved the season as a whole. The downs made the ups that much sweeter and I’m willing to put the football down to pragmatism in the face of restrictions to how he could shape his squad. I’ve always said I liked him as a guy and now as a manager he’s achieved success with us too. 

Im now reserving judgement on what his football can look like until after this unrestricted transfer window where hopefully he will get in the profile of player he wants. I don’t expect even a top half finish next season I just want to see a squad beginning to come together and take shape with a younger profile of player and to not be a chance of relegation in the last match of the season. 

Fair play to anyone who never lost faith particularly after the Stevenage away performance. His staff and he managed to turn it around from that point and went in a run that would have achieved 103 points if extrapolated over a 46 match season. That’s incredible dominance. 

All derby aren’t we? 

I think thats exactly what we will get 

Players that fit his profile … younger, quicker , stronger

too many forgot we were under an embargo in his first season and a strict efl business plan his second.

if adams and nyambe are an example of what he would like i think we’ll be fine 

Hes squeezed a lot out of some aging players that lets be honest wouldnt be his first choice of player 

24 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yes totally, and i have all the time in the world for anyone that post a well balanced counter opinion to mine, all the time in the world. 

in fact i welcome it 

but then as u say there have been just relentless trolls on here too .. so alls fair in love and war right ? 

if ur (not u) going to spew mindless bile all season be prepared to take a bit of medicine when your proved wrong. 

part of growing up 

As someone who has engaged all season in dialogue and disagreement with people holding opposing views to my own I’d also argue “part of growing up” is letting things be and not goading people for the sake of it.

It’s the day after we confirmed promotion to the championship after a rough few years, thousands of fans poured onto the pitch and into the streets of Derby to celebrate it, enjoy it for what it is, let those with entrenched views and constructive concerns enjoy it too, we can get back to bickering when the first athletic former Rotherham player is signed 😉 

17 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Hard to argue that Warne isn't the best manager for League 1. 5 seasons, 4 promotions and a 7th place. As a record it is stunning. He also did it with an underfunded Rotherham team and Derby side severely restricted by post administration sanctions. 

We've also not looked particularly good all season. We've not dominated, but have generally been just good enough. Stratospheric improvements in set pieces, fitness and desire and flexible organisation have been what Warne has bought to the club. We've been very hard to beat often ground out results. 

Warne has absolutely earned the right to lead us into the Championship. Will his strengths work for us in the Championship? No idea, but looking forward to finding out. COYR

Totally agree.

I have also always been a fan of Warne. An honest, decent man, who I suspect is not quite as ‘limited’ in his abilities as some people suspect may be the case in this parish.

His ability to manage people should not be underestimated either. The team spirit he and his team have built at the club appears to be exceptional. I don’t get this ‘he can’t attract players’ stuff either. I think that after money concerns, playing for a decent human being who values you would be high on a lot of people’s lists, in any walk of life including pro football.

I have an ex-pro footballer in my family (Sunderland 300+ appearances, amongst other clubs, and does some agent work) who told me when Warne was appointed that he is a very good manager. I’m very much minded to accept that.

I also don’t get a lot of the criticism around the football that is played. Man City since Haaland arrived have spent a lot of time getting the ball out wide to then cross it in to Haaland. No one seems to be criticising them for it. I like our pace on the wings, and how we stretch the pitch. I love our defence. Of course there will be things that could be improved- but broadly speaking we’ve been a League 1 club that has had to fish in a certain pond. I’m sure we’ll see an evolution in style and staff. Though it needs to be gradual as not to destroy what has already been built, and I’d trust Warne and co to do this.

Success for me, next season would be a mid table finish. Anything better than 10th would be amazing. As always though, I defer to David Clowes and his judgement as he seems to know  what he’s doing and is a lot closer to it than I am. Hopefully fans will continue to get behind the manager and team, even in the rough times.

1 hour ago, sage said:

Maybe they realise now isn't the time and don't want to get jumped on.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

More bullying. Well done.

Bullying perhaps a bit strong ? There’s a time and a place for stuff , consideration , reading the room ect , to be fair there have been posters who appear to take great pleasure in trying to burst peoples bubble of enjoyment, in the case of a few it comes across as attention seeking contrary for the sake of it , is some posters dishing a bit back really bullying as long as it doesn’t cross the line into abusive ?

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Bullying perhaps a bit strong ? There’s a time and a place for stuff , consideration , reading the room ect , to be fair there have been posters who appear to take great pleasure in trying to burst peoples bubble of enjoyment, in the case of a few it comes across as attention seeking contrary for the sake of it , is some posters dishing a bit back really bullying as long as it doesn’t cross the line into abusive ?

A) It's a strawman argument as no one was being negative. People are being jumped on before they post.

B) Dissent has been shut down and some posters feel like they can't express their views. 

I'm not a fan of Warne's football but appreciate now isn't the time for that conversation. I'm just enjoying the result.

However also now isn't the time to try and score points against more critical posters.

The people point scoring and ridiculing folks for having different opinions are no better than the strawman they are beating. There are legit concerns regarding the style of play and I guess a lot of unknowns regarding Warne having some money to spend. This idea that there are people that are unhappy that Warne succeeded is a pure fabrication.

Next season will be interesting because we won't be able to rely on the virtue of having better individuals 99% of the time like we have this season. Big test for Warne and i'm interested to see what type of players he signs. Like at every club there will be fans that will start to question things if we go on a bad run and looking terrible in games, that is totally normal. I questioned Warne when we had that bad run this season and it is not because I hate him. I actually think he's pretty sound.

Log off and enjoy the moment, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't bother.

Let’s just enjoy the season’s achievements & we got a trophy too 🏆🐏🏆🐏

Championship football next season, thank goodness we’ve gotten out of league 1.

Onwards and upwards Rams enjoy the summer (when it decides to arrive) 

Going up Going up

The Rams are going up 

💪🏻👏🏻🐏🐏🏆🏆❤️❤️

18 minutes ago, sage said:

A) It's a strawman argument as no one was being negative. People are being jumped on before they post.

B) Dissent has been shut down and some posters feel like they can't express their views. 

I'm not a fan of Warne's football but appreciate now isn't the time for that conversation. I'm just enjoying the result.

However also now isn't the time to try and score points against more critical posters.

Not something I’ve been interested in doing myself ( asking people where they are now when success is obvious ) but surely bullying is a bit strong? , I say that as I tend to think the term tends to be over used and as such loses its power to fight. REAL bullying 

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

I have a thought (yep, rare), Warne has his critics who say his football is dire and hard to watch. 
Peterborough played attractive football, but they’re not second. 

Hey? I thought they were promoted in January, along with Oxford in September and Barnsley/Bolton in February.

Not been looking at the league table, so assumed yesterday was a celebration of staying up with so many teams being better than us!

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

🖤 🏆 🐏 Love Paul Warne 🐏 🏆 🖤

🖤 🏆 🐏 &  David Clowes  🐏 🏆 🖤

🐏 🏆 🔵 🟢 ️  🏆🐏

Fact is up until a certain point this season - possibly Stevenage away but I've not checked  -  we were under performing and if we'd finished 6th or 7th I suspect Warne would have been on his way.   

Yes those that argued he would pull it round have been proved right but most pro Warne fans weren't saying we were still in the hunt for automatic they were making excuses about budget, sanctions, time etc etc.   They have been proved wrong too.

3 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

Fact is up until a certain point this season - possibly Stevenage away but I've not checked  -  we were under performing and if we'd finished 6th or 7th I suspect Warne would have been on his way.   

Yes those that argued he would pull it round have been proved right but most pro Warne fans weren't saying we were still in the hunt for automatic they were making excuses about budget, sanctions, time etc etc.   They have been proved wrong too.

Excuses or pointing out facts?

I think most were pointing out that we had also been very lucky with injuries and when we got a settled team out things would improve...they have been proved right.