Paul Warne

Day

10 hours ago, Chester40 said:

What a brilliant interview.

Anyone who has been negative must admit he's a class act here.

Get the f*** in.

I really didn’t like his early interviews, which were a bit cringeworthy IMHO. But over the last year they have got better. This one I really enjoyed. Very self deprecating, and becoming clear why the players have responded so well to his approach. 
One thing that is clear - his insistence on bringing in “players with character”, which many laughed at when he kept mentioning it, has been the key to our promotion. 
It will be interesting to see how he develops as a manager in the championship. My suspicion is that we’ll retain a strong core of hard work and running, but it will be augmented with a little more flair. 

10 hours ago, Eatonram said:

So who is a big enough person to eat a slice of humble pie?

I have to admit, that thought did cross my mind but I realised we should actually give some of them (not all of them) credit for a) sticking to their opinion that they still don’t think he is the right man to take us forward or they hate his football (everyone is entitled to their opinion even if we disagree with them) and b) having the good grace to keep their opinions to themselves at this time of celebration.

Congrats and thanks Paul warne , everything I want in a derby manager, class act,

some want football played in a certain way and have no interest in anything other than that ,even if it took us 10 years to get out of this league , that’s they’re choice and it’s ok with me ,

me ? I want seasons like this one , days like yesterday and owners , managers , players I can respect and feel one with in shared good and not so good times , 

I reckon both me and warnie are going to be walking our dogs today with a big smile and spending time with family knowing the value of both yesterday and today ,,,, hats off to Paul warne ,,, a proper football bloke and a proper person 🐏😀👏👏👏👏👏🙏

Edited by Archied

Well done to everyone who stuck by Paul Warne.

Especially, well done and thank you to David Clowes who held his nerve when it probably could have been easy to give in to the noisy minority.

The records we have broken this season will remain for a long time and days like yesterday don't come around too often.

Warne has more than earned his shot at Championship football next season.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Maybe they realise now isn't the time and don't want to get jumped on.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

More bullying. Well done.

How ? It was an observation.. we all know certain members would have been all over this thread within seconds of the final whistle had we failed today .. u know thats a fact 

cant have it both ways if ur going to run your mouth all season ( not u) 

Edited by NottsRam77

13 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

How ? It was an observation.. we all know certain members would have been all over this thread within seconds of the final whistle had we failed today .. u know thats a fact 

cant have it both ways if ur going to run your mouth all season ( not u) 

Because many posters have stopped posting due this. 

For every troll there are 10 genuine posters who have constructive criticism.

Dont think he gets the credit he deserves. It felt at times like there was a majority against him.

He's got us up with 92 points.

The sad thing is you just know when the rough comes next season the same posters will be here saying he has to go he can't do it in champ etc etc.

We've got the league one* guardiola!

*championship

14 minutes ago, sage said:

Because many posters have stopped posting due this. 

For every troll there are 10 genuine posters who have constructive criticism.

Yes totally, and i have all the time in the world for anyone that post a well balanced counter opinion to mine, all the time in the world. 

in fact i welcome it 

but then as u say there have been just relentless trolls on here too .. so alls fair in love and war right ? 

if ur (not u) going to spew mindless bile all season be prepared to take a bit of medicine when your proved wrong. 

part of growing up 

Edited by NottsRam77

Hard to argue that Warne isn't the best manager for League 1. 5 seasons, 4 promotions and a 7th place. As a record it is stunning. He also did it with an underfunded Rotherham team and Derby side severely restricted by post administration sanctions. 

We've also not looked particularly good all season. We've not dominated, but have generally been just good enough. Stratospheric improvements in set pieces, fitness and desire and flexible organisation have been what Warne has bought to the club. We've been very hard to beat often ground out results. 

Warne has absolutely earned the right to lead us into the Championship. Will his strengths work for us in the Championship? No idea, but looking forward to finding out. COYR