Paul Warne

Day

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The only manager ever to have his head turned by a better job. Who stayed anyway just to be sacked by Mel. Yeah righteo. 😄

True ,not much loyalty in football. Apart from your beloved “Wazza”, who dumped us to spend more time with Coleen . Right ? 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The only manager ever to have his head turned by a better job. Who stayed anyway just to be sacked by Mel. Yeah righteo. 😄

An alternative view could be he stayed as he knew the writing was on the wall and once MM’s takeover was confirmed he’d be sacked anyway.  That way, he guarantees himself a payoff rather than leaving for nothing.  Not saying that’s how it was, just a different perspective.

20 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

True ,not much loyalty in football. Apart from your beloved “Wazza”, who dumped us to spend more time with Coleen . Right ? 

I imagine he dumped us because he'd had enough of the crap that the Club had left him to deal with. So what.

1 minute ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

An alternative view could be he stayed as he knew the writing was on the wall and once MM’s takeover was confirmed he’d be sacked anyway.  That way, he guarantees himself a payoff rather than leaving for nothing.  Not saying that’s how it was, just a different perspective.

That'd be why he came back again too, no doubt. 

5 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I think I posted on here at the time a few days before it transpired, that Rooney probably did want to stay,but his going was inevitable.  When Chris Kirchner was "supposedly" going to buy us Rooney was all in on the idea - and seemed fully on board. Had that not have been fairy dust of a fraudster, I suspect he would have done.  

When that fell through, WR was somewhat tainted by it (I doubt any of which was his fault).   Then when Clowes put his bid in and it was accepted, Rooney must have seen (or been advised) that there was no way Clowes was going to want to pay managerial salaries at that level (for an inexperienced manager, but with top level playing experience).

Clowes clearly wanted us to be normal - rather than Wayne Rooney/Frank Lampard's Derby.  In those instances, it was both inevitable that he was going to leave - and he got to make the decision himself.  

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That'd be why he came back again too, no doubt. 

Why laugh?  Simmo even mentioned in an old Rams TV or Radio Derby interview that Mac had been called to a meeting not long after the takeover and told him he thought was going to get the sack.  And I suppose MM sacking him 2nd time around is why he came back again as Technical Advisor or whatever it was.

9 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I have the highest respect for your opinion . Mine is - I think Paul  Warne is a better human being than Wazza and Mac put together .

I don't care if Paul Warne and Mother Teresa were split at birth. 

Someone had Pauls number. 😄

6 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Why laugh?  Simmo even mentioned in an old Rams TV or Radio Derby interview that Mac had been called to a meeting not long after the takeover and told him he thought was going to get the sack.  And I suppose MM sacking him 2nd time around is why he came back again as Technical Advisor or whatever it was.

Laughing at the conjecture and because even if it's true, it's no different to what most on here would have done. But also why risk staying here and not getting the Newcastle job? It seems the personal qualities needed would mean even Mother Teresa wouldn't apply!

On 24/04/2024 at 11:25, RadioactiveWaste said:

Agreed. I think Adams or very similar to Adams and the new Jason Knight will be on the shopping list, as will a championship version of James Collins. And hopefully a version (replacement) of Sonny Bradley that is what he thought Bradley would be for us this season.

Massive respect to the guy for his effort this season.  But I just don’t want to see a championship version of James Collins

Edited by kevinhectoring

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Laughing at the conjecture and because even if it's true, it's no different to what most on here would have done. But also why risk staying here and not getting the Newcastle job? It seems the personal qualities needed would mean even Mother Teresa wouldn't apply!

Oh I dunno…..

Mike Ashley: Steve, Big Mike here.  Top job you’re doing at Derby.  How do you fancy joining the Toon Army?  How many of my massive Sports Direct mugs do you think they’ll need as compo?

Steve Mac: Hold your horses Big Mike.  That Candy Crush fella is about to takeover, reckon I’ll be out the door as soon as the last balls kicked.  Sit tight and keep hold of those mugs, I’ll be up as soon as I’ve had my holidays.

MA: That’s my kinda thinking Steve.  We need that up here, tell you what I’ll make you a Director too.

SM: Done, see you in June.

5 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Oh I dunno…..

Mike Ashley: Steve, Big Mike here.  Top job you’re doing at Derby.  How do you fancy joining the Toon Army?  How many of my massive Sports Direct mugs do you think they’ll need as compo?

Steve Mac: Hold your horses Big Mike.  That Candy Crush fella is about to takeover, reckon I’ll be out the door as soon as the last balls kicked.  Sit tight and keep hold of those mugs, I’ll be up as soon as I’ve had my holidays.

MA: That’s my kinda thinking Steve.  We need that up here, tell you what I’ll make you a Director too.

SM: Done, see you in June.

Of course you'd have said 'No I couldn't possibly take the money, employ me now or forget it.' 😄

Champ is a survival job for us, we wont spend big and there are many teams spending decent money there. The parachute payment clubs will be taking up the top 6 places as usual or near enough. See our season being similar to Plymouth's this season up there. Think the fans will be more lenient on Warne up there where the size of club and finance aren't given us an advantage. I've been disappointed in the performances a lot of the time this season but if he gets the job done then you can't deny Warne the chance to go again.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

I have the highest respect for your opinion . Mine is - I think Paul  Warne is a better human being than Wazza and Mac put together .

Maybe so..but his accounting is as bad as Mel's..he said pre match yesterday that 2 points a game would have been enough to be champions last season..in actual fact, we wouldn't have been in the top 3

Screenshot_20240426_152233_Google.jpg

7 minutes ago, valakari said:

Maybe so..but his accounting is as bad as Mel's..he said pre match yesterday that 2 points a game would have been enough to be champions last season..in actual fact, we wouldn't have been in the top 3

Screenshot_20240426_152233_Google.jpg

I thought this myself when watching, however, to obtain that tally, we would have likely had to get results against those 3 teams meaning their points total would differ, and the entire hypothetical crumbles once you consider the reality v raw numbers.

Tenuous, but does provide a bit of a reprieve for Paul 😂 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Massive respect to the guy for his effort this season.  But I just don’t want to see a championship version of James Collins

I'm not madly in love with the idea myself, but I have a notion that's exactly the kind of striker Paul warne will be trying to find.

7 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Rush allowed Mac to bring in expensive loans like Bamford and Linguard - to add to a team built by Clough including Martin Russell . Hughes , Hendrick etc. Then as soon as Newcastle looked Mac’s way - he wet his nickers .

Utter tripe = was tripe when some said it then and its tripe now. Clough's football had been boring and cautious for  months N Clough could never  have produced the form we showed that season with McClaren (And he hasn't at any of his later clubs) MM sacked Mac.

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

Utter tripe = was tripe when some said it then and its tripe now. Clough's football had been boring and cautious for  months N Clough could never  have produced the form we showed that season with McClaren (And he hasn't at any of his later clubs) MM sacked Mac.

I was at Brighton away a few weeks before Nigel got sacked . We won 2-1 and played some scintillating football. It was clear to us that the manager had brought in some very good players . Later , other managers benefited from his hard work . They were given extra funds that made the difference.