Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

Let’s be realistic nobody is going to pay much of a fee for him. Forget what we payed, totally irrelevant post covid. He’s too injury prone. Most clubs aren’t spending much money at the minute so no one is going to blow what would be a significant amount of their budget on a player who isn’t capable of completing a good run of games without picking up a knock. Yes he is a beast on his day but I’d rather have a player who is 7/10 over 40+ games than one who is 8-9/10 over 12 games. A loan out to get him off the wage bill and enable us to build further is most likely then cut our loses on him. The last remnant of a terrible period of over spending and underachieving by the club. 

Birmingham would be a poor move for him imo - they look a right mess at the moment, not too dissimilar to us shortly before Mel stuck us in admin. They’re a club that could be in real danger next season, the last thing Bielik needs is a second successive relegation fight, in a league as physically demanding as the Championship. That wouldn’t be good for recovering his fitness. 

He’d be far better moving abroad to a top flight side (which is more his level anyway, far too good for the Championship, as we well know) where the schedule is less physically demanding. From our perspective though, we only want to consider loan offers, so Bielik may have little choice in the matter.

1 hour ago, Alty_Ram said:

I don't see many/any shelling out 7-8m for him. An excellent player at ours and Championship level (when he plays) but surely needs to prove that he is over his injury issues which is far from certain. I know that he's a Polish international and all but that sort of money is a huge gamble for a Championship club with his injury record and Prem clubs surely have better/safer options.

Recall we still owe arsenal a lot of money in the millions for him. That doesn't go away if we sell him for less.

He's more experienced than knight, but age is on his side.

He's not as slow as Conor Hourihane, and he's a better player than conor.

He's a better player than Tom Barkhuizen, Louie Sibley, max bird.

Controversial here but we still have to ou Arsenal the money out for him.

We can loan him out, maybe get the £20k a week or so off our bill and maybe get a £250k Lon fee for the season. 

Then he comes back whatever league we are in. Maybe there is a chance to sell him if he’s played well and get a couple of million or we play him for one last year and he goes on a free.

Personally - he’s our best player hands down. We can go up with him in this team. I’d play him. Going up is worth far more to us than any loan off the books.

He doesn’t appear to be the type to throw his toys out the pram aka Byrne.

59 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Recall we still owe arsenal a lot of money in the millions for him. That doesn't go away if we sell him for less.

Sorry, who is more experienced?

Bielik- 101 first team games. 5 caps.

Knight - 118 first team games. 14 caps.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

He is slower and I think Hourihanes a better player, certainly till a couple of years ago.  He's got more games in him as well hopefully.  if we had been in the season and he injured his knee, he'd already have missed the first 6-7 games of this season and thats without another 4-5 coming of the bench to get up to speed. He's a decent player but nowhere near as commanding as Thorne was for example.  I also think he was half the player on his return.  

20 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Birmingham fan tweeted this. 

Reading the comments they reckon his agent was with him and said he’s signing for them tomorrow.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he is there but the rest is made up.

He could just be watching the Commonwealth Games, think they’re in Birmingham aren’t they?

Either way, I still think wherever he ends up he will be injured more than playing. 

7 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Saying "he's always injured anyway" has the same energy as a girlfriend dumping you and saying "she wasn't a looker anyway."

Yes she was, and this is a massive loss. 

Nah. There is a footballer in him, but how many games over the last 3 seasons has he been a significant influencer. I bet it is less than the fingers on my one hand, and I am neither from Nottingham or Norwich. Free up some wages to sign a few forwards, and a goalkeeper.

Edited by i-Ram

37 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Saying "he's always injured anyway" has the same energy as a girlfriend dumping you and saying "she wasn't a looker anyway."

Yes she was, and this is a massive loss. 

He’s been with us 3 seasons and not played 50 games yet. With current restrictions we need players who can play 85-90% of the season. We can’t afford passengers. Literally.