Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Saying "he's always injured anyway" has the same energy as a girlfriend dumping you and saying "she wasn't a looker anyway."

Yes she was, and this is a massive loss. 

It's not a massive loss because we need to shed his wages while we're in League 1 regardless. Why he would choose Bummingham over Twatford is a mystery though, other than he's been on loan there before and he's become used to relegation battles. 

Works best for all parties, they pay his £30k + a week wages and we can reinvest to fill more gaps.

Not sure why people think Birmingham is a bad move for him, honestly he’s not been fit for a prolonged period of time for years now and is on relatively huge wages. Good player, of course, but a £1.6m plus pay out for a player who hasn’t completed more than half a season in the last 3 is a huge gamble for all Championship clubs. Birmingham are the second favourite to be relegated next season and that’s the only club willing to do it, part of me believes that’s due to the new owners looking to make a splash.

Best case is a Djed Spence type. We have just freed up 20% of our allowed wage bill with this move. I wish him all the best. 

This needs to happen for both parties.

We lose a quality player, but we have a top heavy midfield already and getting him off the wage bill gives us the chance to bring several players in to bolster our squad in other key areas.  

He get's the chance to play in a division that might get him to the World Cup........although the club he's potentially going to is a bit of a pooshow at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Not sure why people think Birmingham is a bad move for him, honestly he’s not been fit for a prolonged period of time for years now and is on relatively huge wages.

Probably due to our fans having a strong dislike of Birmingham at present informing opinion more than anything else. 

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Saying "he's always injured anyway" has the same energy as a girlfriend dumping you and saying "she wasn't a looker anyway."

Yes she was, and this is a massive loss. 

That analogy only works if you’re saying something like ‘he’s not that good anyway’ as it’s a matter of opinion…saying he’s always injured is just about fact.

Was losing Thorne a massive loss (based on how the rest of his career panned out)?

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Works best for all parties, they pay his £30k + a week wages and we can reinvest to fill more gaps.

Not sure why people think Birmingham is a bad move for him, honestly he’s not been fit for a prolonged period of time for years now and is on relatively huge wages. Good player, of course, but a £1.6m plus pay out for a player who hasn’t completed more than half a season in the last 3 is a huge gamble for all Championship clubs. Birmingham are the second favourite to be relegated next season and that’s the only club willing to do it, part of me believes that’s due to the new owners looking to make a splash.

Best case is a Djed Spence type. We have just freed up 20% of our allowed wage bill with this move. I wish him all the best. 

With them in the middle of selling the club taking on a 20k plus a week wage plus a probable fee to Arsenal makes no sense.  Who will sanction a 3 million plus loan.  Would a new owner want it ? Will the EFL ratify it with ownership change and a s*** load of money being required for stadium repairs.  A move to Galatasaray or the FFP botherers in Hertfordshire has to be a better option for us.  As for his world cup requirements, I couldn't give a s*** if Birmingham is the quickest move.  What's best for Derby. 

This is a good move for all parties. It’s ok Watford being in for him but he has to play, Watford have a reasonable squad already having come from the premier league, they may want to ease him in. At Birmingham he will play every game because they can’t afford not to play him. 

We get him off the wage bill enabling us to sign players, and Bielik either does well and we sell him on to a better club than Birmingham or we get him back for the championship if we can get the job done this year.

58 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

This is a good move for all parties. It’s ok Watford being in for him but he has to play, Watford have a reasonable squad already having come from the premier league, they may want to ease him in. At Birmingham he will play every game because they can’t afford not to play him. 

We get him off the wage bill enabling us to sign players, and Bielik either does well and we sell him on to a better club than Birmingham or we get him back for the championship if we can get the job done this year.

Playing every game is not a good thing IMO. With his injury record he needs to be managed carefully.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Playing every game is not a good thing IMO. With his injury record he needs to be managed carefully.

Obviously, but he needs to be playing regularly though. It's no use to us if he sits on the bench every week. We either need him fit to start for us next season, or to prove his fitness to convince someone else to pay us a decent fee for him.

I'm not disappointed he's going purely because there was no way on this earth he was staying here this season.

League One is beneath him. Even coming back last season from injury and not fully fit you could see how he was head and shoulders better than anyone on the pitch. He's got the lot got me. Big, athletic, so good on the ball, awareness. He knows what's around him and where the ball is going before he's got it. I love watching him play cos technically I think he's brilliant.

Also he's on around 25k a week so there's no chance we could keep him here in those wages when they could potentially pay for another 3 players. Bigger picture.

The only thing that I cannot believe is he's basically going into another Championship relegation battle with Birmingham.

I honestly don't understand why he's going there. Because he's too good for them too.

50 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Agree, but he wants to go to the World Cup doesn’t he. Hopefully they’re sensible but at Watford if they ease him in and go on a good run he may not get back in. At Brum, he’d be first name on team sheet as he’s too good for them 

3 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

If he gets injured out on loan, is he sent back to us and we pay his wages again?

I would hope that we have that covered, if he is injured whilst playing for Birmingham they, hopefully, continue to pay his wages for the agreed loan period. If not, and he gets injured, we have his wages and the wages of  players LR wants to bring in to pay.

One of the worst places he could have ended up, Birmingham is a really scummy club with the scummiest fans in football imo. Only away fans I’ve ever had trouble with at Pride Park, and that includes Forest and Leeds supporters. In the Championship Watford was the far better option, a club much more likely to have a good season, and he may not have had to play so many games. Ah well, good luck to him and hope he performs well, to restore his value if nothing else.

Will need replacing to give us some cover for Bird, I suspect we might sign McDonald as a cheap option to do this, allowing us to reinvest most of Bielik’s wages elsewhere. 

If we really are signing 4-5 players then this is a no brainer IMO. CM is our strongest position and using his wages to bolster our squad where it's needed (full back, winger, striker) makes much more sense. And then we get him back! If he does end up having an injury-free (big if) and great season with Birmingham then it boosts his value to sell him or we get a great player. I think it's win/win.