Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

3 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Not true, we may have either paid off outstanding debt, but that wont include future liabilities such as staged transfer fees, or fees based on appearances etc. So there might still be payments due in the future.

Oh ok. Makes sense ?

No surprise he wants out. He was an absolute beast even in the Championship, League One is definitely beneath his abilities.

Galatasary would be a good move for him, in terms of his international aspirations. Personally though, I’d be telling them they can have him on loan, but he’s not for sale this summer. We probably need to get his wages off the books, as they’re not really affordable at League One. But we’ll never get a decent fee for him this summer with his recent injury problems. It’d be a waste to sell him now - may as well keep him whilst he recovers form / fitness and then we can reassess next summer. If we get promoted he may well be happy to return here, otherwise we can see him hopefully for a bigger fee.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No surprise he wants out. He was an absolute beast even in the Championship, League One is definitely beneath his abilities.

Galatasary would be a good move for him, in terms of his international aspirations. Personally though, I’d be telling them they can have him on loan, but he’s not for sale this summer. We probably need to get his wages off the books, as they’re not really affordable at League One. But we’ll never get a decent fee for him this summer with his recent injury problems. It’d be a waste to sell him now - may as well keep him whilst he recovers form / fitness and then we can reassess next summer. If we get promoted he may well be happy to return here, otherwise we can see him hopefully for a bigger fee.

Has he said he wants to leave, must have missed it ?

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Yep.

Plus he MAY have a good world cup which could increase interest in him.

No reason to sell at this stage, we need an impressive injury-free season from him to receive any worthwhile transfer fee.

Loan makes complete sense for all parties.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Yep.

Plus he MAY have a good world cup which could increase interest in him.

No reason to sell at this stage, we need an impressive injury-free season from him to receive any worthwhile transfer fee.

Loan makes complete sense for all parties.

If it’s a full season loan - otherwise he is missing half of the of it up until January 

9 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Birmingham showing an interest. Wonder how much of a loan fee we’ll get from them? Would’ve thought not a lot. 

Sneaking suspicion Stephens might sign once Bielik has left the building.

Would love him to stay but if he does leave or go out on loan I think his wages would cover 3 new signings.Bigger picture and all that .

2 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Would love him to stay but if he does leave or go out on loan I think his wages would cover 3 new signings.Bigger picture and all that .

I fully agree with that but if he is to be sold or go out on loan, the sooner it happens the better. This would allow us to move in the transfer market now rather than on deadline day

19 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Birmingham showing an interest. Wonder how much of a loan fee we’ll get from them? Would’ve thought not a lot. 

Sneaking suspicion Stephens might sign once Bielik has left the building.

I can't see how they afford it as we'll want the wages covered and transfer instalment.  Shouldn't the EFL be insisting they rebuild an entire stand first that's riddled with asbestos. 

31 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

If he leaves for a fee, can it be reinvested? The EFL business plan seems to rule out transfer fees…

In all likelihood it’ll just go towards paying off the £5m we still owe.

My understanding is yes - because its classed as additional revenue not covered in the budget.