Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

Reality check needed.

Let's face it. If he is not fit enough to start for us before the transfer window shuts, he won't go anywhere. Who on earth would take a player who isn't even fit, on loan or on a permanent.

I think unfortunately his Qatar World Cup ambitions are over, not because Derby are in the 3rd tier of English football, but because of his injury struggles.

He needs to get fit first, then worry about his international prospects later He's still young in football terms to have an international career.

If he can get fit soon, then stay fit, I'm certain that he could be the difference in League One. A fully fit Bielik for 30+ games this season would be massive.

If we then went up, with some momentum and a few more additions next summer, we would probably be playing in the upper half of the Championship, and he would no doubt work himself back into the Polish squad.

If we didn't go up, but he was a regular stand-out player, he'd stand a much better chance of getting a move to a higher division, and get himself back on the radar of the Polish manager.

2 hours ago, Addingham Ram said:

Reality check needed.

Let's face it. If he is not fit enough to start for us before the transfer window shuts, he won't go anywhere. Who on earth would take a player who isn't even fit, on loan or on a permanent.

I think unfortunately his Qatar World Cup ambitions are over, not because Derby are in the 3rd tier of English football, but because of his injury struggles.

He needs to get fit first, then worry about his international prospects later He's still young in football terms to have an international career.

If he can get fit soon, then stay fit, I'm certain that he could be the difference in League One. A fully fit Bielik for 30+ games this season would be massive.

If we then went up, with some momentum and a few more additions next summer, we would probably be playing in the upper half of the Championship, and he would no doubt work himself back into the Polish squad.

If we didn't go up, but he was a regular stand-out player, he'd stand a much better chance of getting a move to a higher division, and get himself back on the radar of the Polish manager.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/26000458

How about Arsene Wenger at Arsenal?

We need to think business, not football with Bielik this season.

We should aim to get him fit but play him very little. Get him ready for the World Cup. Hope he has a few decent games, then offload to anyone who wants him in January.

If we can even get £1m back that will be great vs. losing yet another player on a free.

9 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I wonder what we could hope to get for him?

If we still owe money on him whatever to clear the debt is a good deal all round, he's a risk for them with the injuries and he's too good to play in league 1 if he avoids them.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Galatasary 'interested', but no official bid as of yet, as "Bielik doesn't want to play in League 1".

I just can’t believe that Bielik has said he doesn’t want to play in league 1. The guy should be so happy that he’s still getting paid very well to be injured constantly.

I would not be shocked if he’s not got a club in 2 years time like what happened to Thorne.

He should be concentrating everything on just being fit and forget what league he’s in. 

3 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I just can’t believe that Bielik has said he doesn’t want to play in league 1. The guy should be so happy that he’s still getting paid very well to be injured constantly.

I would not be shocked if he’s not got a club in 2 years time like what happened to Thorne.

He should be concentrating everything on just being fit and forget what league he’s in. 

He wants to go to the World Cup which is fair enough 

I don't think there has been a direct quote from Kristian about not wanting to play in League 1. There was a quote from the Poland manager saying he needed to be playing in a higher league to be considered for a world cup squad spot and I'm sure his agent has been trying to make a move happen.

However, KB is going into training and doing what is asked by LR and the coaching staff. We shouldn't be led to think he's demanding a move due to a Turkish journalists translated tweet. He's showing more professionalism than Byrne and I'd be happy if he plays a part for us this season.

8 minutes ago, roboto said:

I don't think there has been a direct quote from Kristian about not wanting to play in League 1. There was a quote from the Poland manager saying he needed to be playing in a higher league to be considered for a world cup squad spot and I'm sure his agent has been trying to make a move happen.

However, KB is going into training and doing what is asked by LR and the coaching staff. We shouldn't be led to think he's demanding a move due to a Turkish journalists translated tweet. He's showing more professionalism than Byrne and I'd be happy if he plays a part for us this season.

Dead right. And a fit KB would be a beast in L1. 

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

If we still owe money on him whatever to clear the debt is a good deal all round, he's a risk for them with the injuries and he's too good to play in league 1 if he avoids them.

Wouldn't imagine we owe money for anyone. Once the club was purchased by clowes the fee would have included paying off football debts which includes transfers. So we don't owe anyone anything.

Tricky one - I understand why he'd want to go but the fact is his injury record means any move now would be for a fraction of his potential value in a year's time. And would any club looking for a loan want to commit to paying his entire wages - and for him to take up a valuable loan slot - when there's no guarantee he'll stay fit?

On the other hand his value to us is potentially enormous - if he reaches anything like the level he's capable of we get the best defensive midfielder in the league (or one of the best centre-backs).

So there's very little incentive for us to let him go, and little incentive for clubs of a sufficient status to get him in the World Cup reckoning to take a risk on him. But he wants to go, and probably will, and if that's on a cut-price permanent deal or cut-price loan-to-buy, it is going to be painful.  

Edited by vonwright

2 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Wouldn't imagine we owe money for anyone. Once the club was purchased by clowes the fee would have included paying off football debts which includes transfers. So we don't owe anyone anything.

Not true, we may have either paid off outstanding debt, but that wont include future liabilities such as staged transfer fees, or fees based on appearances etc. So there might still be payments due in the future.

I wonder if he’s not playing for us because it may trigger more payments.

Or he just wants to force a move?  It can’t be because of injury as nobody would be interested in him before he had at least made a come back from injury and played a few games.