Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

He's our most talented player, but obviously his injuries are holding his career back. You'd expect a player like Bielik to attract much better sides than Birmingham, I'd guess not many others were willing to cover his wages for the higher risk of having him unavailable.

I think this works out pretty well, as long as the 4 new players that Rosenior alluded to are now possible without Bielik's wages on the books. Our squad still lacks depth, 4 players for the same cost as one luxury player is a no-brainer for a club in our current position. There's no guarantee the quality of the team will be any better, but I'd bet that we'll have a far stronger squad than if we just kept Bielik.

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

He's our most talented player, but obviously his injuries are holding his career back. You'd expect a player like Bielik to attract much better sides than Birmingham, I'd guess not many others were willing to cover his wages for the higher risk of having him unavailable.

I think this works out pretty well, as long as the 4 new players that Rosenior alluded to are now possible without Bielik's wages on the books. Our squad still lacks depth, 4 players for the same cost as one luxury player is a no-brainer for a club in our current position. There's no guarantee the quality of the team will be any better, but I'd bet that we'll have a far stronger squad than if we just kept Bielik.

Spot on.

Win for Bielik and the Polish coach, win for us as highest earner and not guaranteed to stay fit. Win for Rosenior as provides extra player funds; I’m just hoping it’s cast iron we get the loan fee, injured or not.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

WTF?????

Wages off the books, allows us to bring in a couple of players who actually want to be here and haven't got their international manager in their ear about being selected for the World Cup.

Birmingham will struggle with or without Bielik. Basket case of a club.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta