Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

6 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I must admit, that I’ve heard absolutely nothing about Bielik. Reportedly up for loan as the DET reported months ago but seemingly no one wants to take the risk on him. Would boss league 1 mind you

Get back on to LR and let us know the latest ?☎️?

25 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

After his injury problems he needs a full pre-season to really hit ground running.

it looks like he isn’t getting one if the talk of his knee issue are true.

I personally think his knee injury isnt as bad as its being made, out and we're waiting on a deal, could be wrong

Edited by DCFC1388

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think we are in danger of over egging Bieliks efforts. Yes, he has had a few good games but he's also gone missing and been quite poor in a few. Need to see a lot more consistancy before he becomes my main man in the team. 

I see what you did there ? Scarlet Pimpernel, a master in the art of deception.

Hmmm , oh yes I agree.  He’s overrated and a massive gamble. Nothing to see here. Move along ???

It's interesting that the OS is talking about him proactively and managing expectations about his fitness etc. Implies that he is still in their plans but clearly they aren't taking risks, either for his intended role in our L1 side or to keep him injury free for a move. 

Given that there is no murmur of external interest, you'd expect him to be in our plans until evidence to the contrary.

I'm being the king of stating the obvious this evening...

Oddly, I do think that keeping him for this season is a distinct possibility.

Our wage bill without him would possibly be £8m a year and with him £9m a year.

In the great business plan, as ridiculous as it sounds, having him in our team, in the absence of anyone else wanting to risk signing him, could actually make business sense.

If he stays fit - and that's a huge if - with our other signings, we could easily be very likely to get back to the Championship at the first attempt.

In terms of a c. £60m investment by David Clowes, getting promoted at the first attempt the extra £1m could be viewed as a potentially sound investment.

The likelihood of it happening is slim, but if nobody else comes in for him, it's not as ridiculous as it sounds.

16 minutes ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

In the great business plan, as ridiculous as it sounds, having him in our team, in the absence of anyone else wanting to risk signing him, could actually make business sense.

If he stays fit - and that's a huge if - with our other signings, we could easily be very likely to get back to the Championship at the first attempt.

In terms of a c. £60m investment by David Clowes, getting promoted at the first attempt the extra £1m could be viewed as a potentially sound investment.

The likelihood of it happening is slim, but if nobody else comes in for him, it's not as ridiculous as it sounds.

If he doesn't stay fit though it's more than a million.  Say he's out for 12 months plus.  We owe Arsenal probably 3 million and another 2 million plus in wages over two years.  Total waste of money that can be papered over in this League and seriously hampers any recruitment..  If we could get someone to cover his loan payments I'd let him go and sign elsewhere.  I can even see a scenario in the current climate, where we wind up covering some of his wages for a team in a higher league if they agree to take him permanent. 

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If he doesn't stay fit though it's more than a million.  Say he's out for 12 months plus.  We owe Arsenal probably 3 million and another 2 million plus in wages over two years.  Total waste of money that can be papered over in this League and seriously hampers any recruitment..  If we could get someone to cover his loan payments I'd let him go and sign elsewhere.  I can even see a scenario in the current climate, where we wind up covering some of his wages for a team in a higher league if they agree to take him permanent. 

We'll be paying Arsenal either way, so not really a consideration

9 hours ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

it doesn’t make business sense to keep him but we have little choice. 

He is more likely to stay because of nothing apart from nobody else will be willing to take a punt on him. high wages and poor injury record just means teams won’t risk it

but from a football pov that’s good news.

21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Good player, hardly likely that anyone will take him at this point so we need to use him as best as possible especially after the World Cup 

You just know it, Poland pick him for the game/s and he gets injured...again ?, But that's the risk with his knee I guess ?‍♀️

58 minutes ago, alram said:

it doesn’t make business sense to keep him but we have little choice. 

He is more likely to stay because of nothing apart from nobody else will be willing to take a punt on him. high wages and poor injury record just means teams won’t risk it

but from a football pov that’s good news.

If he helps us get promoted… as he did with Charlton … then it may make business  sense to keep him. Has anyone offered him something Else?

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If he helps us get promoted… as he did with Charlton … then it may make business  sense to keep him. Has anyone offered him something Else?

But he might not want to stay, especially if it kills his World Cup chances. And there’s no use keeping an unhappy player who ain’t playing to their potential. 

A loan might be the best for everyone, even if it’s for 6 months. Get his wages gone for a bit, get him to the World Cup and then hopefully he either comes back or people are more confident in his injuries and make proper bids. 

3 things about Bielik and this season

1 ) If we keep him he isn't going to start the season due to injury recovery and may be missing for World Cup month

2 ) From his point of view, wherever he plays, he's only got until mid/late October until Poland name their World Cup squad, so in that time he's got to get up to speed and then impress the Poland manager - whoever he plays for

3 ) If he stays with us he'll need to be playing, leaving 1 place for Max Bird, Korey Smith & Liam Thompson (assuming we play a 4-2-3-1) If we play a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 then you have to also factor Hourihane into the equation

Edited by SamUltraRam

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Typed loan fee- meant transfer instalments. Think we could get someone willing to take on those fees with parachutes, even if they get 10-15 games a season 

I wonder how much it'd cost a club to loan Bielik, can't see any going for paying more than his wages? Can't see any club loaning him to be honest, could they rely on his fitness and if not why bother.

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

3 things about Bielik and this season

1 ) If we keep him he isn't going to start the season due to injury recovery and may be missing for World Cup month

2 ) From his point of view, wherever he plays, he's only got until mid/late October until Poland name their World Cup squad, so in that time he's got to get up to speed and then impress the Poland manager - whoever he plays for

3 ) If he stays with us he'll need to be playing, leaving 1 place for Max Bird, Korey Smith & Liam Thompson (assuming we play a 4-2-3-1) If we play a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 then you have to also factor Hourihane into the equation

He plays above every one of them for me.

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Max Bird is someone we need in the team too.. Bird and a fuly fit Bielik in league One would be outrageous.

With the right tactic for creativity in front of them, I'm not sure you could get a better DM pairing outside the Prem/relegated Prem teams. The question is entirely down to how long his legs hold up and if anyone wants to cover his wages. If the option is looking incredible in League One or looking good in the Champ, I'd wager there wouldn't be too big of a difference for the international selectors.