Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

If Liam’s interview is anything to go by, he ain’t going anywhere. Obviously he wouldn’t say if he was going, but if you were hoping to soon effect a sale or loan, you wouldn’t be speaking about nursing his knee and needing to still break him back gently. A few cameo appearances in September/October perhaps?

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

If Liam’s interview is anything to go by, he ain’t going anywhere. Obviously he wouldn’t say if he was going, but if you were hoping to soon effect a sale or loan, you wouldn’t be speaking about nursing his knee and needing to still break him back gently. A few cameo appearances in September/October perhaps?

Bit like Sibbo then ?

This is the thing isn’t it - we’re open to loan offers but someone obviously needs to want him and be prepared to both nurse back his injury and cover his costs. I think there’s a huge chance we keep him until the January window, which could mean he can infuence at least a % of our season and depending on how we do (top 2/6/12 etc) even fancy staying put. 

Was thinking about this last night. It’s been eerily quiet on the Bielik front, I think most assumed he would leave once relegation was confirmed. Then the Poland manager said he’d need to leave. He’s not been seen in pre season (due to his knee apparently). But nobody has really been linked with him. 

Best we can hope for is either nobody comes in and he bosses the league/the Poland manager was bluffing. Or a number of clubs start making bids and we can have an auction for a loan away. 

I personally can’t see him staying I thinks it’s a matter of who and when. Although if the only bid we receive is poor then that might make things sticky.

19 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Won't be able to shift him will we. Will lose every penny if that £10m we spent. ☹️

Not a problem if he is to stay and take us straight back to the championship then to the premier League. Well worth the 10 million if that is the case.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

Not a problem if he is to stay and take us straight back to the championship then to the premier League. Well worth the 10 million if that is the case.

Chances he stays fit long enough?

Already concerning that Rosenior talks about managing his past injuries. He's not even going to get a good preseason start is he. ?

14 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If he’s unfit at the mo I recon he’s ours until Jan. can’t even be training so won’t pass a medical for anyone loan or not.

Does anyone know if he’s been in pre season training? I thought I saw one picture with him running.

3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Won't be able to shift him will we. Will lose every penny if that £10m we spent. ☹️

It wasn't £10m, so don't fret.

We agreed an initial fee of £7.5m, rising to a maximum of £10m and, since we're out of embargo, we must be up to date with the payments now. Assuming it was £1.5m per season, we must have paid £3m already, minimum, with another payment due on the 3rd anniversary of the purchase, which is 2nd August 2022, assuming that DC wasn't required to pay Arsenal all of the remaining fee on completing the purchase of the club. Get him fit and playing, and someone will take a punt at £3-5m I'd say.

https://www.skysports.com/app/transfer/news/11696/11775647/krystian-bielik-derby-sign-arsenal-defender-on-five-year-deal

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think we are in danger of over egging Bieliks efforts. Yes, he has had a few good games but he's also gone missing and been quite poor in a few. Need to see a lot more consistancy before he becomes my main man in the team. 

After his injury problems he needs a full pre-season to really hit ground running.

it looks like he isn’t getting one if the talk of his knee issue are true.