Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

Just now, GenBr said:

Seems a bit strange to me. Beggars can't be choosers and if we're not going to be getting any benefit from him next season we may as well sell him anyway rather than loan him.

Teams will be wary of his injury record. Loaning him for a nominal fee (paying his wages) means they get to see him up close without the risk of signing a player to a long term contract who could miss significant time. If he’s a success, teams can then buy him next season for a decent fee.

It works for us as we should aim to get as much of his wages off the bill, and still have the chance at getting the player back next season when we’re in a better shape (feels a very optimistic statement right now, almost unreasonable)

Rather tell Poland to stuff it and keep him personally. If Bielik is playing well, he should be in the Poland World Cup squad whatever League he’s playing in. 

He’s played in League One before, and hasn’t seemed to be demanding an exit so far. His impact in League One would be worth paying his wages for imo, even if they’re well beyond our normal budget. Would be in my view the best player to ever grace that league, and could get us up single handedly, that’s worth it for me. 

Of course I appreciate none of that will actually happen, and no doubt he’ll be off when he gets offered a chance to play at a higher level whilst we’re down here, but I’d hope we’d do everything in our power to keep him if there’s any slim chance.

Edited by Millenniumram

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s played in League One before, and hasn’t seemed to be demanding an exit so far. His impact in League One would be worth paying his wages for imo, even if they’re well beyond our normal budget. Would be in my view the best player to ever grace that league, and could get us up single handedly, that’s worth it for me.

He got charlton promoted and personally i'd rather have him in the team.

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

Teams will be wary of his injury record. Loaning him for a nominal fee (paying his wages) means they get to see him up close without the risk of signing a player to a long term contract who could miss significant time. If he’s a success, teams can then buy him next season for a decent fee.

It works for us as we should aim to get as much of his wages off the bill, and still have the chance at getting the player back next season when we’re in a better shape (feels a very optimistic statement right now, almost unreasonable)

Still seems pointless to me. Unless we're still trying to recoup the fee to arsenal i would get rid immediately if he doesnt want to play for us. Even if does go on loan id expect any bids to be minimal given his record to date.

If he does want to play for us he would be first name on the team sheet every week for me.

No point saving him for our return to the championship since it probably wont happen without players like him in the team.

Disappointing whilst making perfect sense.

Bielik won’t want to play in the 3rd tier, don’t forget he spoke about his lofty ambitions shortly after joining us.

He has 2 years left on his deal, if we can loan him out, have his wages covered, this will allow us to bring 2/3 players in and hope we can bounce straight back and be in a position to renew his contract.

If we don’t, we hope that he clears the season avoiding any major injury and we still have an asset on our hands with a year left and could look to ask for more money than we could currently now.

It is what it is, this season is going to hurt and take some getting used to, we just have to wrap our heads around the situation and understand what position we are in.

Makes sense but I can’t see a team taking him on without a clause of something along the lines ‘If he gets injured then terminate the loan or don’t pay for the time he’s injured’.

I’d have thought if somebody does take him then there might be an option to buy next summer too.

8 hours ago, David said:

Bielik won’t want to play in the 3rd tier, don’t forget he spoke about his lofty ambitions shortly after joining us.

He already played in the third tier with charlton though. And then spent most of the time he was fit battling out at the bottom end of the Championship. 

He may have lofty ambitions but it doesnt mean anyone is going to give him the opportunity to realise them. He needs playing time and it may as well be with us as long as he is our player.

It makes zero sense to loan him out. Sell him or play him. His injury record isn't going to get any better and if we're not going to play him we may as well get what we can for him now.

What do we think his wages are? £12-15k per week? Up to £20k? As one of our few contracted players could we convince the EFL to sanction the loan and allow us to use all/some of that freed up wage amount to sign 2, 3 or 4 players on low wages and one year deals? (Pending proof of funding for the season or a takeover of course).

Bielik is undoubtedly a class player but if the above scenario played out it’s win win for all, we’d add much needed bodies to the squad (Cashin, Thommo,  Davies?) whilst retaining a saleable asset for the future. He gets chance to play at a higher level for the World Cup.
If he were to stay and be playing well enough in league one to earn a call up we would then lose a key player during the World Cup as I believe league one carries on throughout.  

Now Lawrence has gone Bielik is probably now our highest earner and i dont think many Derby fans can see Bielik playing a full season injury free, as much as we would like him to as he is clearly a quality player.

If we can get all his wages covered, maybe even a loan fee, then it makes sense if we can use his wages to bring in 3 or 4 players for the season. Maybe even a clause in it that they have to pay x amount to buy him at the end of the deal.

I don't mind this deal. If he stayed with us for the season he would miss 2 months of it anyway going to the World Cup. We get money now and hopefully the season after we sell him for millions or keep him if we get promoted.

Going to be a difficult one to go on loan in many ways as if it’s until January he will be missing for the World Cup period for any team that takes him on so it would probably need to be a full season loan but it’s a poor deal for the receiving club knowing he will be missing for a fair chunk of it.