Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

Mixed feelings. A logical move (the loan anyway, not necessarily the destination) for our finances and for his chances of going to the World Cup. Very doubtful he was going to want to play in league 1.

However, when fit, he is absolute class and if there had been any way of keeping him I think he would have been amongst the best players in the league and likely to have been ‘the difference’ in a lot of games.

Oh well. Maybe he’ll come back next season and we’ll see see the best of him here not elsewhere. 

It's a shame he won't be here this season as he's a great player but the Poland manager made it clear he needs to be playing in a higher division to be picked for the world cup and we can't deny Bielik that opportunity. He is clearly a level above league one when fit. Hopefully he is back with us next season in the championship. 

3 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Mixed feelings. A logical move (the loan anyway, not necessarily the destination) for our finances and for his chances of going to the World Cup. Very doubtful he was going to want to play in league 1.

However, when fit, he is absolute class and if there had been any way of keeping him I think he would have been amongst the best players in the league and likely to have been ‘the difference’ in a lot of games.

Oh well. Maybe he’ll come back next season and we’ll see see the best of him here not elsewhere. 

He may as well be playing in league one if he’s gone to them. It’ll bypass him anyway as Caddis lumps it up to Donaldson. 

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Wages off the books, allows us to bring in a couple of players who actually want to be here and haven't got their international manager in their ear about being selected for the World Cup.

Birmingham will struggle with or without Bielik. Basket case of a club.

Well how do you know birmingham are paying all his wages if they are such  basket case?  Poor move for him too.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well how do you know birmingham are paying all his wages if they are such  basket case?  Poor move for him too.

I think they'd agree to a big chunk of his wages precisely because they are a basket case. Sensible clubs don't splash big wages on players with dodgy knees and few suitors.

Birmingham are not a sensible club.

It’s a good deal all round.

Our current situation means we can’t afford to have him here, and his exit could allow us to bring in a few players.

Birmingham get a quality Championship player, on of the best in the league. If he stays fit they will be fine.

Poland boss is satisfied.

And Bielik gets to play at a higher level than League One and will likely (if fit) get to go to the World Cup.

It’s just a great deal all round. And hopefully if Derby get promoted we get to see him in a Rams shirt in the Championship in 2023/24.

My gut feel - he’s on 20k a week (which means about 22k to derby when you include NI and so on).

My next gut feel - Brum are paying 15-16k.

So options are:

1) He has a great season and we get him back next year

2) He has a great season and we sell in for decent money in one years time

3) He is poor/gets injured and comes back to us in one year and we inherit a crock of a player.

I don’t see him playing for us again. If he has a decent season do we risk playing him for one year (hopefully in the Championship) and then he leaves on a free.

I don’t see any scenario where he signs an extended contract with us.

Clearly Bielik doesn't fancy League 1 football but still wants to be our player with hope to play in the champ next season. Like LR said, he doesn't want people here that don't want to be here.. and tbh I'd much rather have a team that want to fight in League 1 rather than someone who's head will drop when it gets tough. Great player for us when fit, but I don't think League 1 inspires him. Good deal tbh, just feel sorry for him having to play for Birmingham ?

9 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Frees up wages from a player who doesn't want to be here for a couple who do.

He never said he didn’t want to be here but the Poland manager forced him out whilst we probably needed him away due to our wage restrictions 

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He never said he didn’t want to be here but the Poland manager forced him out whilst we probably needed him away due to our wage restrictions 

image.png.fc3a205df95d96a97bb5a72e97dd7288.png

This fella plays for Barnsley and Poland.  He's still at Barnsley with no talk of playing in league 1 damaging his selection .  All seems rather odd to me.

As others have said, Birmingham of all clubs is just bizarre!

It sticks in the throat a bit as well considering the club have stood by him in terms of the long rehabilitation (more than once) to get him back fit to play. Add to that we've had very little in return on the investment.

I wish him well as a player, but I hope Brum get absolutely spanked every week, hateful football team. Having had to work in Birmingham frequently over the last 9 years I can honestly say that off all the clubs supporters I've had to endure (from that area) they are by far the worst.

More importantly it's imperative that we only have players in that dressing room that want to pull on a Rams shirt and commit, so all the dissenters and malcontents need to be gone. This is the big reset the clubs needed for a few years.

On the point made about him getting injured again or being totally crocked, you’d hope and even expect the club have insurance on him as an asset should the worse happen?

It begs the question with him getting injured previously was there a payout/s in terms of insurance to cover his wages? I’m sure the more enlightened amongst us can elaborate how this works in terms of protecting your football assets (i.e the players)