Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much do we think this guy will have cost us? Find it hard to calculate if we've been paying for him but still have £5m to pay.

Didn’t arsenal allow us to forgo a payment due to being in admin? Sure it was in the news. So it’s possible we’ve inky paid £2.5 mil so far as the initial payment 

13 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Didn’t arsenal allow us to forgo a payment due to being in admin? Sure it was in the news. So it’s possible we’ve inky paid £2.5 mil so far as the initial payment 

Thought that was deferred for a couple of months but remember reading that it was paid at a later date. No doubt we will have another payment due soon though. The amounts being mentioned seem higher than I’d expect though.

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Can’t see this has been shared, local Brum journo with an…interesting…name. Backing up the rumours.

Yes, a very interesting name, but you'll find a lot of those in Birmingham!

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Can’t see this has been shared, local Brum journo with an…interesting…name. Backing up the rumours.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The Watford bit makes more sense than Birmingham 

I thought we’d long since given up on things making sense?!

I do agree though. Think it would be a shame for him to go to another club facing a relegation scrap, provided Bielik is fit and healthy he’s an asset to any side in the championship, more likely to do himself (and us) favours playing in a successful side at that level.

Derby County interim boss Liam Rosenior has confirmed there is interest in Krystian Bielik with Watford and Birmingham City leading the chase for the midfielder.

The Poland international's future has been under the spotlight this summer during which he has been recovering from an injury he picked up while on duty with his country. Bielik was at Moor Farm today as the club prepares for the League One opener against Oxford this weekend but wants to play in the World Cup in Qatar.

Poland head coach Czesław Michniewicz told Bielik during the summer that if stood any chance of being on the plane then he would have to leave Derby. Now Watford and Birmingham are keen on taking him back to the Championship on loan with Derbyshire Live reporting in June that the club is not willing to sell the midfielder who was an £8m signing from Arsenal in 2019.

The knuckledraggers or the Ebosele FFP and compo thieves.  Rather Galatasaray. If not, Watford will provide a better package for us than the team with three stands. 

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

On 24/07/2022 at 08:45, therealhantsram said:

We need to think business, not football with Bielik this season.

We should aim to get him fit but play him very little. Get him ready for the World Cup. Hope he has a few decent games, then offload to anyone who wants him in January.

If we can even get £1m back that will be great vs. losing yet another player on a free.

On 2 August 2019, Bielik joined Derby County on a five-year contract. The fee was undisclosed, but reported by the Telegraph as an initial fee of below Derby's record fee paid of £8 million, plus performance-related clauses that could take it "towards the £10 million mark".

Hm, hes going no where on a free and we are definately not taking just 8 million for him.

As our best midfielder, i think we could settle for 7 million and lose 1 million on his original fee, failing that the championship clubs that are interested in him can get stuffed!

23 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The knuckledraggers or the Ebosele FFP and compo thieves.  Rather Galatasaray. If not, Watford will provide a better package for us than the team with three stands. 

Honestly, the best thing for us that he goes somewhere on loan, plays almost every game, and then goes and has a decent world cup.  And going to a mid-table club like Birmingham probably gives him more chance of playing every week than Watford.  The last thing we want is him going to Watford, having a rocky start while he builds his fitness up, and then he never nails down a first team spot.

I’d like this to be a half season loan - off the wage bill and he gets the ‘higher league’ move to secure World Cup place, depending on how our own season is going he could come back and add to the promotion push- or if we’re nowhere near - he could go out on loan again/be sold on the back of a good World Cup - assuming he stays fit….?

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

On 2 August 2019, Bielik joined Derby County on a five-year contract. The fee was undisclosed, but reported by the Telegraph as an initial fee of below Derby's record fee paid of £8 million, plus performance-related clauses that could take it "towards the £10 million mark".

Hm, hes going no where on a free and we are definately not taking just 8 million for him.

As our best midfielder, i think we could settle for 7 million and lose 1 million on his original fee, failing that the championship clubs that are interested in him can get stuffed!

I don't see many/any shelling out 7-8m for him. An excellent player at ours and Championship level (when he plays) but surely needs to prove that he is over his injury issues which is far from certain. I know that he's a Polish international and all but that sort of money is a huge gamble for a Championship club with his injury record and Prem clubs surely have better/safer options.