The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

We have to restate them because DC2 couldn't overrule the LAP decision, only decide on the punishment.  It's pretty clear from the DC2 written reasons that they don't agree with the decision.  There's a comment in there about the club operating in good faith, believing what it was doing was absolutely allowed with the rules, even to the extent that the original DC thought what we were doing was allowed.  It's hard to criticise the club for that particular aspect when so many other accountants think what we were doing is fine.

I'm not saying don't criticise the club, I'm just not in the business of piling blame on someone when we don't even know what their actual responsibility for it was. 

He is the CEO

do the job responsibly or resign, it is really simple 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Hmm...maybe. I think regardless of our situation though, his management is going to be scrutinised. The new season hasn't even started yet and there are already eyebrows being raised at some of his decisions (Lawrence captaincy, drunken escapades, choice of signings). 

I'm still of the belief that he is not a good football manager, so ultimately feel that this will come to the surface no matter how good/bad our squad is. But we will see. 

I certainly wouldn't blame him if he walked. Nor would I regret it. 

Again - if he is the manager that relegates Derby County to the third tier, I'm not sure even all those Manchester United goals will get him another job at a club as big as us in a hurry.

But at least he can have a fun time at Soccer Aid. 

I mean you're not wrong. I just think even though he'll be scrutinised here as he would in any job at his level, he's got the cover of this current mess if he loses a lot of games. I agree with you about his managerial capabilities and I wouldn't even blame him or be that sad if he walked either. 

6 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

I see some people have moved on from googling 'NDA' and are now pontificating on the job function and performance of the club's CEO. I always knew that if I wanted sound business advice, I should first seek the wisdom of the good people on a football club forum ?

Funny cus I thought a forum was for voicing opinions and discussing related topics. Not everyone on here has coaching badges, yet here we are discussing starting line ups and tactics. Plus you don't even know what knowledge and experience people are speaking from. Give it a rest.

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Interesting - I watched that but don't recall that point, although it's undoubtedly true for them. 

Ironically, I'm working in a private equity backed venture now and my job (CRO) is to do just that. Let's see if I last till Christmas..... ?

But seriously, the point is not to avoid taking any risk, but to be aware of the possibility. So you get "no regrets" decision making. From the snippets of the meeting reported so far, it sounded like Mel was full of regrets. 

Great to see another Risk professional on here ?

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Really looking forward to seeing the detailed breakdown of the meeting with the supporters now, because I need to understand whether or not we are in this position ultimately because Mel Morris is not prepared to pay a HMRC bill. 

There was a brief discussion about the nature of the HMRC bill the other day on Sportscene, around 20:40 on here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09p4rt7

From that, it sounds like the club aren't in a position to pay it as they and the HMRC are unclear on exactly what the debt would be for and how much it would cost to clear it, and that the club also think the EFL are being unreasonable embargoing us for it anyway, seeing as they've been legally allowed to defer payment to HMRC under the Covid rules, and they're not the only club in the EFL to have made use of this allowance.

Read all the posts on here over the last few days and while i am as frustrated as everybody is with the news coming out of the club i would like to give a big shout out to Wayne Rooney and Curtis Davies , Rooney is fighting a battle like no other manager in recent years has had to , for him to come out and say hes here no matter what gives me a little hope for this season

As for Curtis , well what can you say , after signing his waiver for the last game last season , now signing on for this season at a reduced wage shows what a whole hearted , dedicated , total professional footballer and human being this guy is , hope he has an injury free season and leads by example in a difficult looking season , all the best to Wayne , Curtis and the rest of the players and staff , COME ON YOU RAMS

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Just a reminder that Pearce was only appointed as CEO in August 2018 - after the amortisation policy change and stadium sale.

He was promoted from CFO (a job he held since 2013) prior to that though - in that role, he would have had to sign off both (as well as Mel)

46 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Read all the posts on here over the last few days and while i am as frustrated as everybody is with the news coming out of the club i would like to give a big shout out to Wayne Rooney and Curtis Davies , Rooney is fighting a battle like no other manager in recent years has had to , for him to come out and say hes here no matter what gives me a little hope for this season

As for Curtis , well what can you say , after signing his waiver for the last game last season , now signing on for this season at a reduced wage shows what a whole hearted , dedicated , total professional footballer and human being this guy is , hope he has an injury free season and leads by example in a difficult looking season , all the best to Wayne , Curtis and the rest of the players and staff , COME ON YOU RAMS

Spot on - I've got so much time for Wayne Rooney, he's such a strong bloke. Who knows if he'll make a good manager but if he doesn't it won't be for the lack of hard work or determination. The blokes makes mistakes, dusts himself down and carries on. I admire that immensely.