The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

Why should Derby County inform the supporters of anything that might be confidential to their negotiations with a buyer or investors, as well as the complex issues with the EFL?

If they were to issue some details of those negotiations, and it was then misconstrued through the social media platforms which many people use to spread rumour and untruth, then all of those matters would collapse into chaos and repercussions.

If I was running any business, from a football club to a corner shop, and I was negotiating a buy-out, or having to deal with an accountancy issue which could end up in a court of law, then I would refuse to tell anyone until the matters were resolved.

The fans do not own the club. The fans do not have any shareholding in the club.

All we are asked to do is to pay for a ticket, be it on a match-to-match basis, or by season ticket, where we get some discount. If we don't like what's going on, we can either grin and bear it (like we're doing at the present), or don't attend and save your money.

I agree, they don’t have to do any of that, It is up to them entirely….. so, why go through the total bullshitrubbish of organising a meeting and taking time out of people’s days to say nothing …? Just another example of Derby County’s PR machine in full an adulterated tail spin rubbish. 
I have to admit that not ally I wouldn’t bother at all about things like this, but we’ll, the place is a shitshow 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

I agree, they don’t have to do any of that, It is up to them entirely….. so, why go through the total bullshitrubbish of organising a meeting and taking time out of people’s days to say nothing …? Just another example of Derby County’s PR machine in full an adulterated tail spin rubbish. 
I have to admit that not ally I wouldn’t bother at all about things like this, but we’ll, the place is a shitshow 

Because the fans were vociferous in demanding a meeting? Some groups were pushing very hard for this and I hope that it at least enabled them to hear that the club is trying hard to rectify the issues, even if the detail can't be shared.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Because the fans were vociferous in demanding a meeting? Some groups were pushing very hard for this and I hope that it at least enabled them to hear that the club is trying hard to rectify the issues, even if the detail can't be shared.

Anyone who thought that the club would be open and honest about what was/is going on it living in a fantasy land....and the group being the loudest and most vociferous are just a bunch of entitled fools who definitely do not represent me in any way shape or form.

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Anyone who thought that the club would be open and honest about what was/is going on it living in a fantasy land....and the group being the loudest and most vociferous are just a bunch of entitled fools who definitely do not represent me in any way shape or form.

I agree with the first bit, simply because they can't be open and honest.

As for the second, whichever group you are referring to, that sounds harsh. There were a variety of groups there, so plenty of choice. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It’s clear to me that they mentioned a lot in the meeting that can’t be repeated. My advice would be to ply David with alcohol and see what we can get out of him. 

Cheers Drink Up GIF by HULU

Whatever they did or didnt mention in the meeting I would take it all with the biggest pinch of salt anyway....actually, I just wouldnt believe anything they said at all.

So a week today is deadline for resubmission of accounts. For all we know, they might have been resubmitted already. That gives us a week and a bit to potentially make some signings? What if the new numbers are extremely grim and we have indeed breached - does that mean we stay under embargo? 

8 minutes ago, TheSlate said:

So a week today is deadline for resubmission of accounts. For all we know, they might have been resubmitted already. That gives us a week and a bit to potentially make some signings? What if the new numbers are extremely grim and we have indeed breached - does that mean we stay under embargo? 

I think the level of 'grimness' depends on the agreement we reach with the EFL over our submission, which is currently under discussion. It sounds like both parties are talking about it before we submit to try and avoid another lengthy piss take of a process, which is the right thing to do.