The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

14 hours ago, TKWhy said:

I never post, but I do check in pretty regularly and browse around the topics here.  This forum is such a great source for keeping up with the club, and I just felt like chiming in today to shout out David and the moderators for the job they do here.  I have the utmost respect for the way this message board is run; and following this thread over the last couple days has only encouraged more admiration of the work you all do here.  

I appreciate David's patience and leadership in drafting the summary and pursuing clarifications, and thank you for the latest update Boycie.  Once again: I really appreciate this place, and I know that the work that goes into its maintenance goes too often unappreciated.

#COYR

Come on Dave you’ve got better things to be doing than making alternative accounts on here ??

51 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Go on the Villa website and look at the video by their CEO, that’s how to communicate with the fans. 

Completely different circumstances though aren’t they? 

It’s perhaps something Mel could have done when we sold Will Hughes but even that wasn’t on the same level as Villa selling Grealish. I somehow doubt the Villa chairman would have produced such a video if he was dealing with same thing as Mel.

Perhaps a video from Mel would be helpful but, because of (I assume) the delicate stage we are at in terms of conversations with potential buyers, HMRC and the EFL it would have to fairly light on actual detail.

15 minutes ago, Tombo said:

The truth is, there's zero excuse to still be in an embargo after we submit the accounts.

Pay HMRC. That's all you need to do

Like other clubs, Derby have been given an extension. There is no panic on this. 

30 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

David's report is going to be like the Stone Rose's second coming. By the time it comes out everyone will have moved on years ago. 

You do know It’s pinned on the supporters charter thread?

3 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

Finally today we are going to the hospital so my partner can be induced and give birth to our Son (in the next hour) So I won't look at this till later on but hoping for some good news and that our new little ram brings us some luck! 

COYR 

Best of luck brother. We had out son induced… one word of advice, take a book, It wasn’t a quick process.! 
I missed Strupar scoring against Spurs that day too….I reckon you might be missing a lot more important news..! Puts It all in to perspective though doesn’t It. 
well done to your partner. Give her a hug from me. 

41 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Interesting - I watched that but don't recall that point, although it's undoubtedly true for them. 

Ironically, I'm working in a private equity backed venture now and my job (CRO) is to do just that. Let's see if I last till Christmas..... ?

But seriously, the point is not to avoid taking any risk, but to be aware of the possibility. So you get "no regrets" decision making. From the snippets of the meeting reported so far, it sounded like Mel was full of regrets. 

Exactly - which is why I pushed for the 'hope for the best plan for the worst' question to be asked of Mel. What was the 'plan for the worst' part of signing Blackman, Butterfield, Anya, Johnson, Olsson, Marriott and many others. Strangely, the whole point that he was making on the amortisation - that these players retain their value - belied his total misunderstanding of how football works.

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Really looking forward to seeing the detailed breakdown of the meeting with the supporters now, because I need to understand whether or not we are in this position ultimately because Mel Morris is not prepared to pay a HMRC bill. 

The HMRC bill is not a issue only the EFL are making it so Derby are using a Government rule that allows a extended payment time. They are not the only club doing so, there are quite a number

The EFL are using the same regulation themselves so there is a large degree of double standards in play here. 

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I somehow doubt the Villa chairman would have produced such a video if he was dealing with same thing as Mel.

And let's not forget he is also annoucing to the club a £100m profit on a player. Easy video to make when that is the case, making one to explain why we've just released Anya for bobbins after having him on an eye watering salary and a £4.5m transfer fee, only to not play him, would have been a slightly less self-congratulatory watch.

1 minute ago, G-Ram said:

And to think last week there were people on her that thought we'd have a midfield three of a fully fit bielik with morrison & jack wilshire 

Honestly its the hope that kills you ? 

Surely nobody ever thought we’d see a fully fit Wiltshire and Bielik? That’s an oxymoron 

16 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

And let's not forget he is also annoucing to the club a £100m profit on a player. Easy video to make when that is the case, making one to explain why we've just released Anya for bobbins after having him on an eye watering salary and a £4.5m transfer fee, only to not play him, would have been a slightly less self-congratulatory watch.

Also easy to make because, although I haven’t watched it all, it seems to be a “not our fault, we had no choice” message to get the fans off his back.

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Also easy to make because, although I haven’t watched it all, it seems to be a “not our fault, we had no choice” message to get the fans off his back.

TBF - and to your original point - i think Villa have managed this very well. They've hopefully protected him from the ritual effigy burning and boos every time he touches the ball kind of thing.