Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

Right here goes 

During the summer I heard Derby went after two managers once Rooney was off - Warne and Robinson ((Oxford) but couldn’t get them at that point in time.

I have heard that Derby offered Liam the full time job about three weeks ago and he has chosen not to sign the contract offered which was his current salary - and his current salary is very good for a league one club and he wanted more money. 
I suspect we wouldn’t sack him due to the size of his wage and we would wait for him to move on of his own volition.

let’s remember our owner did not want to buy a football club he saved us and and I am sure he wants to be back in the championship and sold to get his money back very quickly.

personally I don’t think Warne fits in with the players we currently have based on his previous styles of play of his teams but who knows he might be perfect if he comes here and the players are good enough to adapt sufficiently.

never a dull moment with our Derby county 

Don’t really know what to make of all this. First thing I’d say is it’s a brave decision by Clowes, that is for certain. 

Rosenior has been a class act and has stuck with us through a lot. Ignoring everything prior to him as a manager though, and how would you say he had done thus far? Ok, I’d say.

He’s not pulled up trees but you could see a style of play emerging. Whether that would be enough in this league I don’t know. The players we signed nearly all cited him as a reason, and he was still restricted given the age and profile of players we could get.

The away form has been a huge concern, there’s no doubt about that either. Could he have solved it? Potentially.

All in all, I am surprised. Thought he had done enough to continue. Also surprised the stability and continuity wasn’t valued more. That said, if Clowes didn’t see a value in that with Rosenior and wanted a different guy for that, why wait any longer? Get your guy and start planning for January and give yourself the best chance  

As for Paul Warne. Knows his way in this league and seems to punch above a bit in Championship, on a very limited budget. Not the most exciting football in the world, but I think I’d take winning football first and foremost in this league. 

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I suspect that's the case. Perhaps we can only be sustainable IF we get back up to Championship at the first attempt. Therefore, extrapolate after the first set of results, and we look at best marginal play-off spot. Therefore, we need to act. It's called being evidence-based and cool-headed, not making decisions with hearts. On balance, it's the right approach for me because I don't see our Away game approach changing with LR at the helm.  

Agree it is likely the away day form that's causing the concern.  Or maybe Liam has gone to DC and said he's struggling to adapt due to lack of experience.  Who knows what's been said.  

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

The clue as to what might happen was always in the title "INTERIM..." so there was always a plan to REVIEW and the Board have decided to appoint an alternative. Looks and sounds like logical and calculated stewardship to me not "...David Clowes playing Football Manager."

Unfortunately I just disagree with the decision making.

A new manager coming in I will find it extremely surprising if he keeps the same staff on.

The players recruited - nearly all of them, were recruited by Liam. A lot of them have said - they didn't look at the word interim. How do players like Hourihane and Chester feel now? Sure they will be professional and get on with the job but don't tell me they won't be annoyed with this.

Making a change after 11 games in, with a brand new squad, who have been developing a brand of football to have it all now changed is just Football Manager to me. We were joint 6th (7th if you want to argue it), in the 3rd round of the League cup, winning our EFL Trophy group. Sure - is the away form frustrating - of course it is - but this smacks a little too much of an ownership group (and some fans) thinking we are entitled to top spot in the league only. We're not!!!

I genuinely thought we had stability on and off the pitch. I thought we had cohesion and group of players and coaches who were extremely together. Even thought most fans were very much behind the team as well. 

I don't see now how some of that coaching staff will remain at the club under a new manager. It's unsettling again - and we could have done without it to be quite honest.

As I've said though - I'll at least wait for the comments from Liam - but I didn't see anything at any point that suggested he didn't want it, and ultimately now - he knows that the board are not supporting him - so I just don't see how he stays. 

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Here we feckin go again.

Just as we needed a bit of stability, just as the players are beginning to get to know each other.......that feckin curse never did go away did it? Somehow it beamed its miserable way over to Pride Park from the Baseball Ground.

I just hope the players react positively.

Not sure they have developed the kind of team spirit we saw last season and now an unsettling change.

Any new manager will have a difficult first few weeks convincing the squad his way is the right way.

Gobsmacked. My feeling was that Rosenior's style is too nice for League 1, but I'm amazed that he hasn't been given the chance to prove me wrong.

It's been a steady start to the season, from a ludicrously difficult position. Regardless of style, Liam has done pretty well up to now.

Something odd must have happened.

All of Warnes games this season he has played 3.5.2 with a holder infront of the back 3.

Imo we played so much better when we went to a similar formation second half against wycombe.

Maybe DC liked what he saw, was interested to her LR view on the formation change and the positive outcome and LR wasn't really wanting to change.

I really like the look of us set up with the 3.5.2

As always, only hindsight will tell us if things a good move.

13 minutes ago, YouRams said:

This has p****d me off to be honest, LR stuck by us through all the shiiiit, he could've walked and took the Blackpool job more than likely knowing Rooney was already leaving. I cant imagine he'll stick around on the coaching staff with his pride damaged from this, he deserved longer.

Or he didn't fancy Blackpool - they had to go back to an 'old manager' when Rosenior said no.

I imagine he's been given his coaching job back because it's cheaper than sacking him.

We *need* out of this league and we should be doing better than we are.

Interesting decision, LR start hasnt been too bad. Dont think any Derby fan would have said no to being 7th going into the 1st international break. You can see the positives & negatives to Roseniors style of play.

Warne is a proven winner at this level which is what we need, will be interesting to see what abouts with our style of play and what staff he brings with him. Wonder if he will say anything about *that* interview. Does he know any right backs on a free he can bring with him? 

Critical to the success of this change is how it affects the squad and how quickly they buy into Warnes style of football. Alot of players joined for Rosenior so maybe him staying will soften the hit to the squad.

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Here we feckin go again.

Just as we needed a bit of stability, just as the players are beginning to get to know each other.......that feckin curse never did go away did it? Somehow it beamed its miserable way over to Pride Park from the Baseball Ground.

Just as we started to look like we would score away from home we make a change ?

Right just had an update, not a good one either unfortunately. Rosenior's position still unconfirmed. Some say staying in a coaching role some say gone and left the club. I've personally been told he's staying. Some players are not happy and have asked DC for Liam to stay. Players are desperate for him to say as he's a great coach. Apparently, Paul Warne is in. 

MY OPINION: 

Think its personally too soon for him to go but rumours of him stalling on a contract may have swayed DC to act to either push him to accept deal or demote him to assistant too.