Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

So lets bring in a manager who has a style which is the complete opposite of all of our players.

This has Nigel Pearson written all over it.

We need to wait to see what comes out on the official site, and what LR's comments are, but honestly, I'm so disappointed and frustrated right now.

Is David Clowes playing Football Manager again and falling into the same trap that Mel Morris did? Does the power get to people?

At times the football may have been a little frustrating but we're looking for stability. LR was bringing that and he had no issue in attracting players to the club. I wonder how all those new signings feel right now?

Very down right now but I await the official comments on the clubs site before making a full opinion of the situation.

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

Oh the plot thickens.  It's not Derby County if there isn't some contentious news about.  But this wouldn't surprise me.  Much as I want Liam to succeed, by his own admission he's learning as he goes (evident in a number of tactical decisions many on here have questioned).  I do wonder if DC, as nice a guy as he is, has called the shots, saying that we can't afford for you to learn whilst in charge, so I'm bringing in an experienced manager, which someone like Warne is, from whom you can continue to learn.  Unless it all turns out to be a non story.....but this is seeming more unlikely. @Big Trav - could be right saying he's going nowhere - just not staying as manager. 

I suspect that's the case. Perhaps we can only be sustainable IF we get back up to Championship at the first attempt. Therefore, extrapolate after the first set of results, and we look at best marginal play-off spot. Therefore, we need to act. It's called being evidence-based and cool-headed, not making decisions with hearts. On balance, it's the right approach for me because I don't see our Away game approach changing with LR at the helm.  

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Dyche isn’t coming to a League One club who can’t spend money for another three transfer windows (if that’s to be believed). 

Warne is about as ambitious as we could possibly be at the moment, a manager with 3 promotions from this division in his last three goes - all with an underfunded side. 

Three relegations too ?

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

So lets bring in a manager who has a style which is the complete opposite of all of our players.

We need to wait to see what comes out on the official site, and what LR's comments are, but honestly, I'm so disappointed and frustrated right now.

Is David Clowes playing Football Manager again and falling into the same trap that Mel Morris did? Does the power get to people?

At times the football may have been a little frustrating but we're looking for stability. LR was bringing that and he had no issue in attracting players to the club. I wonder how all those new signings feel right now?

Very down right now but I await the official comments on the clubs site before making a full opinion of the situation.

Might want a longer deal than we're offering, might want more money than were offering, might have decided the top jobs not for him last minute or have other irons in the fire or we may have pulled the trigger.  

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Absolutely agree. Complete change in any style that the players are getting used to. Felt this may be an era of more stability given everything that's happened over recent years.

Roseniors been quick to mention top two and promotion in several interviews, even if he was given that as an objective, surely it's too early to decide that it's unachievable. Pretty sure he wouldn't have seen this coming judging from his reaction after Saturday.

The Derby County Way

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

The clue as to what might happen was always in the title "INTERIM..." so there was always a plan to REVIEW and the Board have decided to appoint an alternative. Looks and sounds like logical and calculated stewardship to me not "...David Clowes playing Football Manager."

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I suspect that's the case. Perhaps we can only be sustainable IF we get back up to Championship at the first attempt. Therefore, extrapolate after the first set of results, and we look at best marginal play-off spot. Therefore, we need to act. It's called being evidence-based and cool-headed, not making decisions with hearts. On balance, it's the right approach for me because I don't see our Away game approach changing with LR at the helm.  

If that’s the case then our new owner has learned nothing from the previous one. Surely not?

Paul Warne = Yes please 

I like Rosenior but we need a complete new management team. What we had with Rosenior, Walker and Buxton was just put together out of necisity. 

If we want any chance of being promoted this season, this decision had to be made and I wouldn't be surprised of LR has suggested this needed to happen.

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

So DC bought the club on the basis that it was s*** or bust this season with autos as the only available option (7 points away with a mere 37 games to go) Really?

4 minutes ago, TaahnRam said:

Absolutely agree. Complete change in any style that the players are getting used to. Felt this may be an era of more stability given everything that's happened over recent years.

Roseniors been quick to mention top two and promotion in several interviews, even if he was given that as an objective, surely it's too early to decide that it's unachievable. Pretty sure he wouldn't have seen this coming judging from his reaction after Saturday.

The Derby County Way

Just as we were keeping quiet and out of media attention BOOM ammo for the football world to start hating on us again, not saying we should just settle for a year of not pushing for promotion but we need to get some sort of stability, keep spending low and not fall back into what we've been doing for years.