Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

5 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Regardless of whether the decision is right or not, I wonder who makes these assessments as surely David Clowes doesn't have that kind of knowledge yet

David Clowes has seen more Derby games than most fans and I'm sure had a view on this before he bought the club.

Liam was the easiest option but, as only interim manager, I'd guess he's always had concerns, as a fan and owner. The start may not of changed this view?

7 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It is a statement of intent. We're not here to mess around,

Ironic.

We're not here to mess around but we're going to give someone the job on an interim basis, let them develop a certain style of play suited to the players we could get (the only players we could get) and then, 2 months after the start of the season, we're going to look to employ a manager who's style of play is the polar opposite of the one we've done all that work on and which doesn't suit the players we've signed (the only players we could get).

Sounds suspiciously like messing around to me!

Just now, cosmic said:

In fairness he probably just had something against our previous ownership and how we were initially let off. You can understand why. He probably felt that we should have had a points deduction that season. Now we're under new ownership, there's no reason why he'd have anything against Derby as a club. I imagine this is the case with the EFL and many rival fans too.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Why would Warne leave Rotherham for Derby right now?

Bigger club (not being arrogant), fresh challenge, taken Rotherham as far as he can and won’t have to relocate to take this job on.

Would imagine he’s in a great position to negotiate a decent contract also given where they are in the Championship.

Not the first manager to drop down a league.

Just now, David said:

Bigger club (not being arrogant), fresh challenge, taken Rotherham as far as he can and won’t have to relocate to take this job on.

Would imagine he’s in a great position to negotiate a decent contract also given where they are in the Championship.

Not the first manager to drop down a league.

Can't imagine we could pay compo if he's under contract due to our embargo.   I'd rather keep the money he's a bellend

5 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Ironic.

We're not here to mess around but we're going to give someone the job on an interim basis, let them develop a certain style of play suited to the players we could get (the only players we could get) and then, 2 months after the start of the season, we're going to look to employ a manager who's style of play is the polar opposite of the one we've done all that work on and which doesn't suit the players we've signed (the only players we could get).

Sounds suspiciously like messing around to me!

It may not even be Warne first of all. 

Secondly, I'm not sure why people think Rosenior deserved the job. He was given the interim title for a reason. The club had just been taken over, by someone who wasn't even planning on buying the club in the first place, with a matter of days until pre season. What else could Clowes do? Asking Rosenior to step in and get some transfers over line was the logical thing to do at the time.