Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

5 minutes ago, Oldben said:

If theres a two year transfer embargo, how then is the current squad strong enough to stay in the Championship next season, if the clubs promoted.

I think for that the club has to seek more than just free agents, but can't because its not allowed to pay for transfers.

The team didn't exist half way through the summer and now is expected to out perform, ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday?

Sheffield wednesday and Ipswich had established teams before they strengthened in the summer. They have transfer budgets.

They have both previously been in the Premier league and championship.

Warnes doing well in the Championship, given that he's managing Rotherham.

We'd be fine with that.  The budget will still be bigger than half of them.  The championship outside the top 3-4 places is total toilet

We need to see what the official lines out of the club are before making too much of a judgment.

I’d be surprised if Rosenier was in agreement with this decision seeing as he talked about his process of playing and he wouldn’t make snap judgments after a defeat or two.

Maybe the director’s don’t care about that bloody expected goals statistic ?

Fair play to Warne if he comes, leaving the top half of the championship for a League One club with a business plan budget.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

His highest finish was 22nd (relegated).

He's spent 6 seasons teaching his side to play an aggressive, direct, long ball game. Is he going to change his style to suit the player we have, who have a possession based game drilled into them for an even longer period of time? Are the players going to be able to adapt?

A long ball game at Derby would be suicidal given our total lack of aerial ability.

I suspect Warne is a better coach than that but I’m still disappointed LR hasn’t been given the long term opportunity to prove himself (unless of course he’s jumped).

25 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

His style of football has got Rotherham promoted and 8th in the championship.

Do you like us going away thinking we played some nice stuff but didn't score?

We haven't got time to worry about style of football right now. We need winning football.

Managers do adapt their style to suit the players they've got.

He isn't necessarily going to come here and play direct football. We know how the fans didn't take to Rowett in the end. If he doesn't play a good style then he won't last five minutes here.

Couldn't care less about possession football, all I ask is that it's exciting and we win.

Can we afford/get Warne?

Does he even want to come here considering his team are top 10 in the Champ?

We've got a squad that look's very much set up to play a certain way, Warne's teams play a completely different way and we are a good few months from a transfer window. 

To me Warne doesn't seem a great fit for us in the short term, we may not even be able to get him or he may not even want to come here. 

I imagine there may be other irons in the fire. 

Rotherham scored 38 goals from open play last season (I think). 23 from set pieces, 6 penalties. The split is then 1 own goal but not sure where that originated.

They played the third fewest short passes per game and the most crosses per game, around 25% more per game than the team in second. 

Is any of that going to translate to us? Maybe. But it’s a hell of a risk and one that isn’t going to have many redeeming features if it goes wrong. 

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Can we afford/get Warne?

Does he even want to come here considering his team are top 10 in the Champ?

We've got a squad that look's very much set up to play a certain way, Warne's teams play a completely different way and we are a good few months from a transfer window. 

To me Warne doesn't seem a great fit for us in the short term, we may not even be able to get him or he may not even want to come here. 

I imagine there may be other irons in the fire. 

hope so i don't want a return to rowettball