Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

11 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

For me anyway, it’s not so much about Rosenior being sacked as the guy apparently replacing him.  IMO the root of all of the problems under Mel Morris was lurching between managers of differing styles every 5 minutes.  On the surface, it appears like we’re making exactly the same mistake again, barely a few months into Clowes ownership.

And if Warne is being bought in to play a complete different style to what he did at Rotherham, then that’s equally baffling.  Why appoint a manager in the expectation he’ll do the exact opposite of what he did at his previous club?

Maybe the thinking is that Rosenior's style is not what we're aiming for so replacing him before it is entrenched is essential. It's a new squad and it could be that Warne's is the new Derby County style and subsequent managers will play that way.  

Edited by CornwallRam

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

On the Rotherham forum they say he's bringing his backroom staff with him. As you would expect.

If we're unable to pay transfers fees for players, I am surprised the EFL would allow us to pay compensation for a new manager - and his staff.

Pretty sure it doesn’t apply to coaching staff - think this was reported not too long ago, but can’t say I remember where 

Going to wait until an official statement I think (although not listened to Radio Derby).

A lot of these players have come in because of Rosenior and getting behind his project, they probably wouldn’t have come to League 1 without him. Can’t see we are doing this without a plan or without Rosenior being very much involved

Just now, TuffLuff said:

Going to wait until an official statement I think (although not listened to Radio Derby).

A lot of these players have come in because of Rosenior and getting behind his project, they probably wouldn’t have come to League 1 without him. Can’t see we are doing this without a plan or without Rosenior being very much involved

Would that 'project' be getting 'sleeping giant' of a club, with huge fan base back to where it belongs? Where does it say Rosenior anywhere in that?

11 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Maybe he should have recruited better people to be alongside him - some with more experience 

Maybe we could support him bringing in experienced coachs alongside him but not to relieve him of his duties 

Just catching up and it amazes me how many people jump to conclusions on this.

For all we know Rosenior could have turned down the full time job or asked for excessive wages that hopefully we’ve now learnt to not pay.

Rosenior is doing an ok to poor job in my opinion. We’re ok at home but poor away. I wouldn’t be offering a long contract for him on decent wages to then potentially sack him in a month or two and pay out money we don’t have in compensation.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Maybe the thinking is that Rosenior's style is not what we're aiming for so replacing him before it is entrenched essential. It's a new squad and it could be that Warne's is the new Derby County style and subsequent managers will play that way.  

But we’ve let him sign like a dozen players with his style in mind, and I’m pretty sure we all expected them to carry on with a similar style to last season, so it can’t have been a surprise.

And it’s not just the first team, the academy is supposed to be playing a broadly similar style so there’s a pathway straight through.  Is there any point in developing players like Liam Thompson and Darren Robinson if we appoint a manager that just wants to hoof it?

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

For me anyway, it’s not so much about Rosenior being sacked as the guy apparently replacing him.  IMO the root of all of the problems under Mel Morris was lurching between managers of differing styles every 5 minutes.  On the surface, it appears like we’re making exactly the same mistake again, barely a few months into Clowes ownership.

And if Warne is being bought in to play a complete different style to what he did at Rotherham, then that’s equally baffling.  Why appoint a manager in the expectation he’ll do the exact opposite of what he did at his previous club?

Indeed, he's gone, time to look to the future. 

I have the same concerns. A manager can adapt to a squad that has a different style when they change clubs , but Warne's only had one club so it's a bigger risk. He may do well, he may struggle to stamp his mark on this squad and need time to make the changes to get his style to work. 

If he's appointed then we get behind him. But I think he may need time to get it right, ironically time was the same thing LR needed. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Obviously Clowes didn't though.

Not scoring in umpteen consecutive away league games doesn't really do a lot for your case. 

He has seen what we have seen - away from home no goals this season ( let’s not mention the last two seasons) at home all wins mostly for sure but in most games we have been rather fortunate that the opposition missed big chances but the most worrying thing was handing big chances to the opposition and being swamped in nearly every second half at home in the midfield.

If you read the first Rotherham forum which crops up on google then you can get an idea of what Warne is like.

Once the initial shock wears off at reading a fans forum with considered opinions, a lack of hysteria and absence of a (mostly unjustified) constant hatred of Derby the cheats, you can see how respected he is by Millers' fans. That should tell us a great deal. 

3 minutes ago, Magicman said:

I back the decision to replace LR his tactics are poor and away form continues to be embarrassing. I would love to see Dyche  coming in but expect his stock is above EFL1 . Like to see some changes in the team set up too. COYR 

How surprising that you should have a negative view of Rosenior ?.  How long will you give the new manager, should there be one, before you’re not impressed by them either? You’re certainly hard to please!