Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

21 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Just for the record, excluding the manager we had during the Second World War, Liam leaves us as the highest win % record of any manager we've had.

Yet some people think he's not good enough...

And the worst away record in how many divisions? And failing to score away from home in how many league games?

4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

And still with 30+ games to go, yes, that's them. 

You're not a secret Forest fan are you that think the leagues finished by the end of September?? 

You said nothing about end of season.

You said... and I quote...

Rotherham will never be more than a bottom 3 Championship club.

Currently, they are precisely that!

Now.  I admit, that does not make me any less of a complete arse, and does not lessen my pedantry in any way, but let's be right, you did say that, and I reserve the right to pull you up for it... from behind my protective keyboard, obviously!  ??

6 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Really don't understand the meltdown going on here. From the tone you'd think we'd just sacked Brian Clough rather than choosing not to make permanent an interim manager who has done an OK job.

For me anyway, it’s not so much about Rosenior being sacked as the guy apparently replacing him.  IMO the root of all of the problems under Mel Morris was lurching between managers of differing styles every 5 minutes.  On the surface, it appears like we’re making exactly the same mistake again, barely a few months into Clowes ownership.

And if Warne is being bought in to play a complete different style to what he did at Rotherham, then that’s equally baffling.  Why appoint a manager in the expectation he’ll do the exact opposite of what he did at his previous club?

12 minutes ago, SK47 said:

I'm not gonna lie... VERY stupid decision. You don't let a manager go after this amount of games, building a team spirit and relationship with a team that's been together 7-8 weeks.. we're 7th in the league.. just finding our feet and now you want someone else to come in who will have a new philosophy?

Managers come and go frequently, Some more frequently than others, Not winning away or scoring a league goal isn't something you pin up on your bedroom wall, Our home form has been sporadic, Good in places, OK in places and awful in places.

An owner(if DC  says so)has decided with our next league game some 11 days away, Then now would seem the right time for a change, Having read only last week thar DC and LR were going to sit down and talk about a contract as other clubs were hovering about, Maybe LR was looking for something DC didn't want to give to a rookie.

It would appear we have a fast moving story here, I would have thought by the looks of things Warne was sounded out for a decision like this to be made...if it has? 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

His highest finish was 22nd (relegated).

He's spent 6 seasons teaching his side to play an aggressive, direct, long ball game. Is he going to change his style to suit the player we have, who have a possession based game drilled into them for an even longer period of time? Are the players going to be able to adapt?

Well they are experienced players so you would hope they could be coached to play in a way Warne wants.

He also had absolutely no budget at Rotherham. Such a small club. Always going to be hard for them to stay up.

Either way he's clearly learnt from that based on this season.

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Warne’s comments at the end of the 2020/21 season showed him to be an absolute tool. 

he has a lot to do to live that down. 

He was Rotherham manager and I believe a Sheffield Wednesday fan - maybe understandable but still irritating. 

22 minutes ago, SK47 said:

I'm not gonna lie... VERY stupid decision. You don't let a manager go after this amount of games, building a team spirit and relationship with a team that's been together 7-8 weeks.. we're 7th in the league.. just finding our feet and now you want someone else to come in who will have a new philosophy?

Unless it's a decision by LR rather than us, very stupid decision. Some of our players are here because of their bond with LR and without him, I think the likes of Knight etc will be gone in January. Just my opinion obviously, but far too soon for decisions like this. Look after those that stood by when the ship was sinking when they could of left, but didn't For the love of the club and us as fans.

?????

Well obviously we do though. 

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

You said nothing about end of season.

You said... and I quote...

Currently, they are precisely that!

Now.  I admit, that does not make me any less of a complete arse, and does not lessen my pedantry in any way, but let's be right, you did say that, and I reserve the right to pull you up for it... from behind my protective keyboard, obviously!  ??

But, they could have won their first game 6-0 and be sitting at the top of the league on game day-1. This doesn't make them a top 1 club.

Everything is judged after 46 games and Rotherham will finish the season much lower than they are now, maybe 3rd from bottom ?

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Sorry, missed a few words out in my post.

I'm not at all sure what your point is about the word "interim" in relation to my post. 

My point is Rosenior wasn’t the manager but was holding the fort .

I don’t understand the indignation on here