Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

Really odd this. First tweeted by Barry the ram who we all know is a bs artist then followed up by a journalist. 

Always say there’s no smoke without fire. Maybe LR is going Huddersfield? Or maybe DC is more ruthless than he looks.  

Can’t say Warne would be my first choice but he knows how to get out of the division which is our first and main target this season, so right behind this if it comes to fruition.

3 minutes ago, David said:

I recall he was very complimentary of our club when we beat Sheffield Wednesday to stay up. Ahem.

To be fair regardless of the EFL bending over backwards to get us I think it was widely acknowledged that we had found loopholes and been genuinely quite sly to keep going.

Hopefully this reputation has died with Mel leaving. Therefore, I’m sure a footballing man like Warne will acknowledge that we’re a bigger club than Rotherham and be naturally interested in any potential vacancies.

Barry also mentioned this earlier and I laughed, now to see this come out. I’m just baffled. 

Warne would be a pragmatic choice, but Rosenior has done well enough so far. I know he’s not got the job, with that interim title still above his head, so who knows. I’m still happy enough with Rosenior, personally, but Warne would be a good choice. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Wasn't Waghorn returning started by one of these "ITK" accounts which was picked up on by the Daily Mail, later being rubbished by Leigh Curtis at the DET?

This has the same whiff about it.

I guess the difference here is it's the Daily Mail vs Daily Telegraph, with the Telegraph being a lot more reliable and especially Mike McGrath. 

The one thing I can think of is, is Roseinor going to Huddersfield? Warne being our replacement?

This could be anything. It could be Warne not happy with certain things at Rotherham so he's told his agent to stir the pot and us and Huddersfield are the most believable options.

Or it would be that Clowes isn't sold on LR (Can't blame him) and feels that if there's a better manager out there who could take us forward then he's quite right to consider it.

Or it could be that Rosenior himself feels like he's not ready for this yet. Or his first taste of management is not what he thought and he sees himself as a number 2. Nothing wrong with that. Good coaches don't always make good managers. Paul Clement being the prime example.

Let's not forget Rosenior is our interim manager. I was speaking in the pub before the Wycombe take and a couple were saying "I don't want to sack another manager" 

Cocu was the last manager we sacked. And rightly so. 1 win in 13 with no signs of improvement. But Rooney left, Lampard left, Rowett left.

I really hope Rosenior does well and he's here to stay. Because if he stays we're playing well and winning games.

But I do feel the next 4 league games are crucial for Rosenior. 3 of them are away and this away from continues into those 3 away games then he hasn't done enough to warrant getting this job for me. Especially if there's someone else out there.