Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

How about this .  Clowes saved the club with no intention of actually owning a club.  Has he got his money back now it's done and is this their guy.  Whose the new owner .  He's in contact with Ashley regularly I know from a very reliable source.  Come on down Big Mike. Tune in tomorrow for the next cliff-hanger.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62965808

Just now, RamLad1884 said:

Gut feeling is Warne is not the true name we are after. 

Clowes does things quietly and behinds the scenes. Wouldn't be surprised if a bigger name like Dyche has been lined up and just kept on the quiet 

I think I posted a picture of Dyche last week 

1 minute ago, RamLad1884 said:

Clowes does things quietly and behinds the scenes. Wouldn't be surprised if a bigger name like Dyche has been lined up and just kept on the quiet 

Dyche isn’t coming to a League One club who can’t spend money for another three transfer windows (if that’s to be believed). 

Warne is about as ambitious as we could possibly be at the moment, a manager with 3 promotions from this division in his last three goes - all with an underfunded side. 

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It may not even be Warne first of all. 

Secondly, I'm not sure why people think Rosenior deserved the job. He was given the interim title for a reason. The club had just been taken over, by someone who wasn't even planning on buying the club in the first place, with a matter of days until pre season. What else could Clowes do? Asking Rosenior to step in and get some transfers over line was the logical thing to do at the time.

It may not be, but all signs so far point to it being the case. Rotherham may not agree though?

It's not about whether Rosenior deserves the job or not, but  if you aren't going to keep him on then surely you look for a replacement who will continue to do the positive things we have been doing, not tear them jup for a different style?

Just now, Kokosnuss said:

It may not be, but all signs so far point to it being the case. Rotherham may not agree though?

It's not about whether Rosenior deserves the job or not, but  if you aren't going to keep him on then surely you look for a replacement who will continue to do the positive things we have been doing, not tear them jup for a different style?

I would agree with that. But we want more effective football, not possession for possession sake. Hopefully we have done our due diligence with whoever we are looking at bringing in so that the style is not the polar opposite.

4 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Dyche? Really don’t see that at all.

Also, Clowes might be a quiet and private man, yet some things will naturally get leaked.

Warne and Rosenior’s agents, mates, family I mean there is only so much you can keep quiet and this is a lot more likely than a manager that was harshly removed from his job in the Premier League.

Dyche will have a lot of better offers in a matter of weeks, Premier League to League 1, nah.