Liam Rosenior

• 2 weeks later...

Three wins in four so far, and I'd argue that eight times out of ten we win that game at Charlton based on the performance.

The consensus (including Liam himself) is that we are still a little under cooked after a chaotic pre-season and there is more to come.

Get him made permanent ASAP as far as I am concerned.

37 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Three wins in four so far, and I'd argue that eight times out of ten we win that game at Charlton based on the performance.

The consensus (including Liam himself) is that we are still a little under cooked after a chaotic pre-season and there is more to come.

I think the future looks bright. I've seen enough to think once we click we will be a Force to be reckoned with. I also have a crazy, sneaky feeling that once Collins scores he won't stop and will end up top scorer of league 1.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He isn't going anywhere....I don't see the rush. Let him build and when we have actually achieved something slightly more significant than 2 wins, then do it. 

PS I really like him and I'm hopeful...just don't see the need yet.

Edited by Chester40

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

He isn't going anywhere....I don't see the rush. Let him build and when we have actually achieved something slightly more significant than 2 wins, then do it. 

PS I really like him and I'm hopeful...just don't see the need yet.

It's more about protecting the club in my mind. It won't be long before managers start getting sacked and I'd rather have him secured than deal with the obvious speculation.

Well my fears for LR's reign are starting to show themselves. We're only 4 matches in and yes we did have an awful pre season but i think most fans would acknowledge that the style of play is very similar to what we have seen the past 2 seasons. 

At the moment we seem to enjoy possession, insist on playing out from the back (despite CD's weak spot on this matter) but not actually create an awful lot. 

I acknowledge that the players are still finding out about each other and i'd also agree that we're 3/4 signings light from us having genuine promotion contenders squad depth. But at the moment i don't look at how we approach games and get excited that we're going to put teams to the sword. 

LR is somewhat compromised that he's had no alternative but to use the coaches already within the set up but if things don't change soon then i think fans will become restless and LR will find himself without a job. 

Overall i believe this smells a lot like the Clough/McClaren season where the players are there, but the tactics/training/selection aren't quite at it and are stifling our potential. I hope I'm wrong and its just a case of shaking off the pre season drama, but wondered what others thoughts are currently towards LR. I'm fully behind him for now...

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Well my fears for LR's reign are starting to show themselves. We're only 4 matches in and yes we did have an awful pre season but i think most fans would acknowledge that the style of play is very similar to what we have seen the past 2 seasons. 

At the moment we seem to enjoy possession, insist on playing out from the back (despite CD's weak spot on this matter) but not actually create an awful lot. 

I acknowledge that the players are still finding out about each other and i'd also agree that we're 3/4 signings light from us having genuine promotion contenders squad depth. But at the moment i don't look at how we approach games and get excited that we're going to put teams to the sword. 

LR is somewhat compromised that he's had no alternative but to use the coaches already within the set up but if things don't change soon then i think fans will become restless and LR will find himself without a job. 

Overall i believe this smells a lot like the Clough/McClaren season where the players are there, but the tactics/training/selection aren't quite at it and are stifling our potential. I hope I'm wrong and its just a case of shaking off the pre season drama, but wondered what others thoughts are currently towards LR. I'm fully behind him for now...

The dreaded vote of confidence…

24 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Has LR come out and said that we need x and y players in these positions to be a competitive team in the league this season? I genuinely don't know the answer to that. Has he said that he's happy with the current squad?

Is it a case of fitting the system you use around the players you have at your disposal or is the starting point the system then you train your players to follow that?

30 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

What an absolute pile of poo

1 minute ago, SFox1993 said:

What an absolute pile of poo

Good input.

My post isn't to say i want LR gone. It's to stir a debate as to what people think of our performances/results so far. In my opinion every second half has been poor and we've scored 3 goals in 4 matches which isn't great.

I've tried to include reasons/excuses for LR to balance out my post but in my opinion everything isn't rosey. 

As i said, hopefully we'll come good as the season kicks on and any doubt can be put too bed. But there's no harm in asking questions especially in a forum format. 

58 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

My fears for LR's reign are nigh on non-existent, as I don't want him to leave at this stage (due to my desire to see some stability within the club), I don't believe he deserves to be sacked at this stage (due to results thus far), I don't believe he's ready to resign at this stage (due to a total and uninformed guess!), and I don't believe Mr Clowes is about to pull the trigger, at this stage (again... total guesswork)

My opinion is that results are far more important than performances, certainly for this season... the season immediately after we were dragged from certain death.

I neither demand, nor expect us to put any team to the sword. 
I am however, grateful that we have a club to support, and will remain delighted (and relieved!) if we manage to compete at a fair to middling ratio, or better... for this season, at least.  In my mind, that means a comfortable mid-table slot or better, with no fears of relegation.  We're currently "better", so that'll do for me, despite it being very early days (in the season).
Putting teams to the sword and/or realistic visions of play-offs/promotion would be a massive bonus this season.

Despite the lyrics, we are no longer "massive".  We have no right to be "Up there where we belong".  We are a L1 club, who have just had the life-support machine switched off, and are now learning to breathe for ourselves again, and walk on our own two feet again.  It may well be a long crawl to recovery... but that is so much preferential to the alternative!

The Rams Live on.  Long live The Rams.

?

He's doing fine.

Yes we're still a bit goal shy, but in most matches we've created chances we've not taken rather than not created anything.

There are going to bigger tests of him as the season goes on, particually when the squad gets deleted, we hit a bad run of form, or a tricky set of fixtures.

But in terms of a) getting a squad together at all, b) getting them in soem sort of shape to start the season and c) making a decent amount of progress in the first few games, he's doing well.

I wouldn't neccessarily be going all in on LR right now if it was my decision, but my confidence in him is high and he does look very well turned out.

fans have short memories and don't live in the past or look to the future. It won't take long for the groaning to start if Liam Rosenior doesn't bring a more positive style of football to Derby. We have been starved of goals for a couple of seasons, he needs to improve that at this lower level.

We can only operate with free transfers and permitted loans - grumble we will but that’s the reality so let’s see who we have after the transfer window shuts whilst not having a right back and losing Ebosele and Ebeowi doesn’t help as we lose pace from the side.

The manager currently  Thinks Roberts is a better choice than Forsyth and Smith is a better choice than anybody else in central midfield and so far I don’t agree with that based on what I have seen, if we do bring in a decent right back I want Knight in that central midfield especially in this league and if Sibley starts scoring goals would he keep a starting place - early days.

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

fans have short memories and don't live in the past or look to the future. It won't take long for the groaning to start if Liam Rosenior doesn't bring a more positive style of football to Derby. We have been starved of goals for a couple of seasons, he needs to improve that at this lower level.

Can't believe the moaners have started already. I've been a fan since 68  and after nearly going out of existence am very happy where we are now. Just grateful we have the rams to support.