Liam Rosenior

1 minute ago, Charlotte Ram said:

For such a monumental decision as the Manager of the club, (remember Cocu, Clement, Docherty, and Brown etc etc) I would use the old craftsman's adage, Measure Twice  and cut Once, the decision to not make a final decision on the position is super sensible, I think we will measure the second time after several matches of the new season.

Indeed, the manager is the most important person in terms of the clubs future success, there’s no doubt about that. We’ve got to get it right and not rush just to appoint anyone. Let’s hope Liam starts well, and gives us no choice but to give him the job full time.

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ve always viewed caretaker as being temporary for a game or so, whereas interim usually means until the end of the season. That’s how the terms have generally been applied as far as I’ve seen, but of course there’s no official definition.

If there is a difference maybe it's one of intent - caretakers will step down, interims are hoped to become permanent?

23 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

No offence to Liam Rosenior, but he doesn’t have the pulling power or name of somebody like Frank Lampard or Vincent Kompany to attract a recently relegated side from the Premier League.

And why would such a side choose Rosenior over somebody like Wilder? The compensation of a couple of million will be nothing to a side with parachute payments.

If Rosenior does well, and by doing well we get promoted, what bigger opportunity will he have than staying here considering he will only have had one year in management?

Watford took Rob Edwards from FGR

3 minutes ago, big bad ram said:

Watford took Rob Edwards from FGR

We can't go worrying about losing our manager if hes doing well....I really hope he is sought after as that means he's doing a good enough job to be noticed.

A contract would only mean compensation if he wanted to go and If he did want to go I hope he'd leave with our blessing

We will be ok and are a big enough club to never be short of managerial offers and life goes on after players and managers have left....

To be honest it hasn't taken us long to get over Rooney 

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

To be honest it hasn't taken us long to get over Rooney 

Interesting point. There were some who were claiming that it was crucial to keep Rooney, based mainly on how he had dealt with things in the season of chaos. There was also speculation that Liam was off to Blackpool. It's quite possible that the club has arrived at the very best outcome. Things are moving in a positive direction with new ownership, and hopefully good things on the field as well.  Obviously it is early days, but there is a lot of goodwill toward Rosenior, who may well prove that he was the key person regarding the more promising performances last season.  The recruitment is intriguing and there seems to be a buzz...... about forthcoming football matches.

Rooneys departure now looks an inevitable event due to his strong connection with the whole Kirchner deal. Initially leaving to 'spend more time with the family' it transpires that he will be residing in the USA (presumably spending less time with the family). He was always a luxury that DCFC couldn't afford and a clean break was the right thing. 

1 hour ago, swadieram said:

Could the decision delaying the appointment be to ensure he’s happy with other staff being employed! Maybe a director of football ? 

I’m not convinced by LR. I like him. I respect him - but not sure he has the cutting edge that’s needed. I’m prepared to be wrong. He deserves a crack - so think the interim label is an astute, pragmatic step by Clowes Developments. We have an historical benchmark - we’ve not spent >3 seasons in Div 3 ever before moving back up so whilst resisting Divine Right assumptions, we’ll soon know if the “rot” will halt under LR. I’m optimistic - the recruitment has been beyond my expectation so first big tick. Next is develop a winning culture and the signs are good. All the initial signings come with an expression best exemplified by Scott Loach “ It’s an honour to be here, and I’m here to compete for the shirt…”. I was immensely impressed by Scott’s words. Replicate that attitude throughout the squad, translate that attitude into the concomitant behaviour on the pitch and we will be on an upward trajectory again. I’m optimistic it will happen but it may take time. There is always a mix of forces - we are forming again, there’ll be some storming, and perhaps eventually some performing …

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think that’s obvious though. FGR are a tiny club. 

The point I was making was that Prem teams would be interested in him even if he’s not as big of a name than Lampard etc. 

If that does happen it will mean we have had a good season and in turn he would have signed a contract as the permanent manager so they would have to pay up. 

I guess there’s no point worrying about hypothetical situations before a ball has even been kicked. 

11 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I’m not convinced by LR. I like him. I respect him - but not sure he has the cutting edge that’s needed. I’m prepared to be wrong. He deserves a crack - so think the interim label is an astute, pragmatic step by Clowes Developments. We have an historical benchmark - we’ve not spent >3 seasons in Div 3 ever before moving back up so whilst resisting Divine Right assumptions, we’ll soon know if the “rot” will halt under LR. I’m optimistic - the recruitment has been beyond my expectation so first big tick. Next is develop a winning culture and the signs are good. All the initial signings come with an expression best exemplified by Scott Loach “ It’s an honour to be here, and I’m here to compete for the shirt…”. I was immensely impressed by Scott’s words. Replicate that attitude throughout the squad, translate that attitude into the concomitant behaviour on the pitch and we will be on an upward trajectory again. I’m optimistic it will happen but it may take time. There is always a mix of forces - we are forming again, there’ll be some storming, and perhaps eventually some performing …

I was very impressed with Scott Loachs interview too mate , very humble and focussed , the right sort of character we want in our squad

LR, very impressed with the senior players that he has brought in, some could have gone to championship clubs for more wages, but chose Derby to play for Liam, that alone tells you what the players think of him, lets have no more negativity about him, the season as not even started!!! The owner DC must have faith in him for he knows him from behind the scenes unlike any of us.

LR, may be a quite and well spoken young man infront of the camera, and the players he has brought in may appreciate his style of management, he will have a good season with squad he has, in fact they should be pushing for automatic promotion, and that statement is not pie in the sky.

22 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Time will tell, but I'm hopeful that LR will develop that cutting edge and mental toughness required to succeed. All said and done it's very much a results business and time is a luxury rarely afforded to football managers. 

5 minutes ago, europia said:

Time will tell, but I'm hopeful that LR will develop that cutting edge and mental toughness required to succeed. All said and done it's very much a results business and time is a luxury rarely afforded to football managers. 

Wins in the first two matches will help. Get the monkey off our shoulders with an away win so Liam can prove he can do it