Liam Rosenior

For me I have a couple of observations 

1, all managers are temporary so what’s in a title? 
2, our new owner is obviously looking to sell the whole club as a package that looks like a football club and get his money back which will be done I suspect with the likely buyer being Ashley or potentially AA group and they may well have their own ideas on a manager.

It’s LR chance to do well I like all wish him luck. 

3 hours ago, Derbados said:

Most important part of that statement is - 

“As with every aspect of the club, David Clowes and his team are taking their time to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the football side, and to consider all structural options” 

to me that reads, we don’t want to commit to giving an untested manager a 2 year contract etc when finances are the most critical they’ve ever been. If he smashes it, we’ll reconsider, if he falters then we may look to bring in a DOF / someone more experienced to help him out or just replace him. I.e continually review the structure to ensure optimal results. 

I think it’s very clever and sensible  

Derbados, is that you?

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

For me I have a couple of observations 

1, all managers are temporary so what’s in a title? 
2, our new owner is obviously looking to sell the whole club as a package that looks like a football club and get his money back which will be done I suspect with the likely buyer being Ashley or potentially AA group and they may well have their own ideas on a manager.

It’s LR chance to do well I like all wish him luck. 

What makes you say this?

2 hours ago, Topram said:

Sensible but hopefully players won’t see this as I won’t sign he may not be here in a few weeks

He already had interim in his title and that hasn’t stopped anyone so far! ?

32 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

What makes you say this?

I heard the same from a few people at the weekend. Not ITK as far as I’m aware. 

I don’t understand why Ashley would pay considerably more to buy from DC than he was prepared to pay a few weeks ago. 

Happy to be enlightened?

1 minute ago, BOB BIGGS said:

I heard the same from a few people at the weekend. Not ITK as far as I’m aware. 

I don’t understand why Ashley would pay considerably more to buy from DC than he was prepared to pay a few weeks ago. 

Happy to be enlightened?

Far too much was fragmented  previously with far too many personalities at play - a sale will be much simpler now with just an agreed price for everything.

2 hours ago, BOB BIGGS said:

Happy to be enlightened?

Doubt Ashley would. But I’m sure Appleby would buy it giving DC a healthy profit, once promotion is assured. Given the shambolic efforts we’ve seen over the past 2 years to sell the club, DC could do a lot worse than keep in touch with AA

Dont believe for a minute that DC would want to own us in the championship. He’s seen how badly that can go wrong for people with much greater resources 

Doesn’t really tell us anything that we shouldn’t already know really. Rosenior was appointed Interim manager, a careful choice of wording (rather than caretaker manager) which insinuates he’ll be in charge for a longer period of time. Personally, I didn’t think that was the right thing to do - it’s still pre-season, so there’s plenty of time to interview and appoint a permanent manager before the campaign begins. I’d have just made Rosenior caretaker to look after things until either he or someone else got the permanent job.

But that’s a moot point now really, the decision has been made and a few weeks have past. Not sure anyone really needed it confirming that Liam will start the season in charge, but I guess the statement makes it explicit. I strongly suspect Rosenior will be our manager temporarily for this season, and then we’ll re-assess next summer. If he does well (i.e. gets us promoted) the job will probably be his, otherwise we will part ways at the end of his contract at no cost to us. I guess it makes financial sense, either way up we all need to forget about the long term for now and back Liam this season and see where he takes us.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Doesn’t really tell us anything that we shouldn’t already know really. Rosenior was appointed Interim manager, a careful choice of wording (rather than caretaker manager) which insinuates he’ll be in charge for a longer period of time. Personally, I didn’t think that was the right thing to do - it’s still pre-season, so there’s plenty of time to interview and appoint a permanent manager before the campaign begins. I’d have just made Rosenior caretaker to look after things until either he or someone else got the permanent job.

But that’s a moot point now really, the decision has been made and a few weeks have past. Not sure anyone really needed it confirming that Liam will start the season in charge, but I guess the statement makes it explicit. I strongly suspect Rosenior will be our manager temporarily for this season, and then we’ll re-assess next summer. If he does well (i.e. gets us promoted) the job will probably be his, otherwise we will part ways at the end of his contract at no cost to us. I guess it makes financial sense, either way up we all need to forget about the long term for now and back Liam this season and see where he takes us.

I think "interim" is just the official term for a caretaker manager. I don't think it necessarily suggests a different timescale

2 minutes ago, RamuelLJackson said:

I think "interim" is just the official term for a caretaker manager. I don't think it necessarily suggests a different timescale

I’ve always viewed caretaker as being temporary for a game or so, whereas interim usually means until the end of the season. That’s how the terms have generally been applied as far as I’ve seen, but of course there’s no official definition.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

For such a monumental decision as the Manager of the club, (remember Cocu, Clement, Docherty, and Brown etc etc) I would use the old craftsman's adage, Measure Twice  and cut Once, the decision to not make a final decision on the position is super sensible, I think we will measure the second time after several matches of the new season.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

The danger is though if we do well and he’s not under contract at the end of the season he would be an ideal candidate for relegated premier teams that could offer big wages and we wouldn’t get any compensation.

No offence to Liam Rosenior, but he doesn’t have the pulling power or name of somebody like Frank Lampard or Vincent Kompany to attract a recently relegated side from the Premier League.

And why would such a side choose Rosenior over somebody like Wilder? The compensation of a couple of million will be nothing to a side with parachute payments.

If Rosenior does well, and by doing well we get promoted, what bigger opportunity will he have than staying here considering he will only have had one year in management?