Liam Rosenior

Is it just my inagination or is the club engaging more with local media now? Seen things mentioned as being said in Derbyshire Live articles that don't correspond to other interviews, and the above is Rosenior (hope we drop the Rosie stuff tbh, unless he gets an assistant named Jim!) talking directly to Radio Derby outside of a match day?

(I'm guessing, maybe these are just taken from the usual sources?)

On 14/07/2022 at 23:25, Ellafella said:

I’m not convinced by LR. I like him. I respect him - but not sure he has the cutting edge that’s needed. I’m prepared to be wrong. He deserves a crack - so think the interim label is an astute, pragmatic step by Clowes Developments. We have an historical benchmark - we’ve not spent >3 seasons in Div 3 ever before moving back up so whilst resisting Divine Right assumptions, we’ll soon know if the “rot” will halt under LR. I’m optimistic - the recruitment has been beyond my expectation so first big tick. Next is develop a winning culture and the signs are good. All the initial signings come with an expression best exemplified by Scott Loach “ It’s an honour to be here, and I’m here to compete for the shirt…”. I was immensely impressed by Scott’s words. Replicate that attitude throughout the squad, translate that attitude into the concomitant behaviour on the pitch and we will be on an upward trajectory again. I’m optimistic it will happen but it may take time. There is always a mix of forces - we are forming again, there’ll be some storming, and perhaps eventually some performing …

Yes, Liam has yet to prove himself as a manager. But the bigger character is Curtis who at this level could be a force of nature. I think Liam will have the intelligence to light Curtis’ blue touch paper and stand well back - and I think it could define our season. The decision not to make him captain last season was incomprehensible 

Edited by kevinhectoring

Excellent read, a few interesting points -

We still had no sponsor as of last Thursday

No away kit still

Rosenior wants 4 more signings 

A player & agent was in for talks last Thursday

The whole club held a BBQ together including families (great touch - suggested by Pearce)

I am hoping the 4 signings doesnt include Forsyth staying

27 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

am hoping the 4 signings doesnt include Forsyth staying

Guessing that's GK, RB, LB & pacey forward who can play down the middle and out wide.

Means Barkhuizen, NML, A.N.Other, Knight & Sibley provide the options out wide.

Brought tears to my eyes too, particularly the bbq, all the staff & families being there & the  resulting work experience for someone’s son. 

contrast that to the disastrous joiners episode. 

I’m loving this fresh start. Someone started a thread on how exciting it is to be in league 1. I feel exactly the same. 

Thank you Mr Clowes 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

"Last week Clowes, Derby’s players, coaches, office staff, groundsmen and chefs, plus their families, convened on the academy pitches and car park for a barbecue, a get-together proposed by the longstanding chief executive, Stephen Pearce, to thank staff for their commitment during a distressing period: nine months in administration, numerous false dawns and two years of various hiccups. There were bouncy castles, picnic blankets and an ice-cream truck. A band of Derby fans provided entertainment."

Maybe he's not the devil incarnate? 

Great read that.

Confirmed everything we all hoped about this new era (has a touch of what I think Nigel Clough was trying to do) Focus on culture, graft and building a football club from bottom to top. It's exactly that way I want this club to be run, thinking long term, recognising that everyone has a part to play etc. It's starkly different to the toxic, uncoordinated 'ambition' under the previous ownership. 

We are a Premier League sized club but to quote a hackneyed phrase, we have to earn the right.

I'm loving what I hear from LR to date, I'd like to think we give him plenty of time to rebuild.