Liam Rosenior

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Last week Clowes, Derby’s players, coaches, office staff, groundsmen and chefs, plus their families, convened on the academy pitches and car park for a barbecue, a get-together proposed by the longstanding chief executive, Stephen Pearce, to thank staff for their commitment during a distressing period: nine months in administration, numerous false dawns and two years of various hiccups. There were bouncy castles, picnic blankets and an ice-cream truck. A band of Derby fans provided entertainment."

Maybe he's not the devil incarnate? 

Who were the band of Derby fans and what was the entertainment ?

Would’ve been nice to see a couple of new coaches added to spice the team up. Unfortunately this scenario is unable to happen until LR is proven to be the right man or not. 

So far we look the same as last season which isn’t bad but isn’t mind blowing either. 

Starting to think next season might be a better chance for promotion.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

will Bucko be manager one day you reckon? The Football Genius.

He strikes me as the kind of guy who will be asked to be caretaker manager one day and reel off four wins on the bounce by cheering up the dressing room!

Then he'll get offered the job full time, crap himself and never win another game.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Based on how he went at Burton, no. No doubt he's a top bloke and a cult hero at Derby, but he doesn't strike me as management material.

More the kind of guy who it's good to have on the coaching team as that "heart, soul, drive, spirit" person.

Todays Times interview with Henry Winter.

Liam Rosenior: I’m a giver. I like helping people and seeing them achieve

The 38-year-old tells Henry Winter that a strong sense of community is driving him in his first managerial role at Derby County

“I love living here because it’s actually so much more diverse than what I actually thought. Derby represents working-class values, represents looking after each other, it’s a small city but the surrounding areas are absolutely beautiful and everybody cares about the club.”

……definitely worth a read.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/liam-rosenior-im-a-giver-i-like-helping-people-and-seeing-them-achieve-dxlksl5lm

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

"I think the demands and the traditions of this history of this football club means we need to be in the playoffs and that's at a minimum," he said. "I'm happy to say that. That's what I'm aiming for and that's what those players are aiming for. But in order for us to get there, there's a lot of work that needs to be done.

"Like I said, I don't like speaking about the future but I have a real realism in terms of the size of this football club and the traditions of this football club. So for me, that's what we're looking at and that's what we're trying to get towards. I'm not disrespecting anyone else in the league by saying that. I'm saying it's a big football club and we should have ambitions to get back to the championship as quickly as possible."

7 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Anyone just see that shot on the efl highlights. Walking in-a fan shouts him for an autograph, he stops, runs to the fans, signs some bits then carries on. Only something small, but makes you think this guy gets it. He really comes across as top class

Saw him speaking to fans after the game whilst I was waiting for a mate to come out of the boxes. He spent a good 15/20 mins signing autographs n having photos with fans on his own before getting in his car.