Ravel Morrison - Signed for DC United

DCFC1388

From the outside, Rooney managed to tame him as there was a level of respect both ways.

He’s played the most games for one club in his career at Derby, without Rooney, would the signing have worked? I’m not so sure and for that reason I’m not exactly devastated he’s left. 

Will be an interesting one to follow though, I hope he kick on now and continue what is left of his career at a club on a longer contract. Be a shame if this was it for him.

5 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Twatter rumour that he’s having a trial at Preston….

Thought he was off to QPR?

Like others on here, I'm not too disappointed to see him leave. Fantastic talent & contributed goals late last season but reality is his relationship with Rooney was the key to his time here & even then, there were spells mid season when his form meant he couldn't get in the team despite how short we were on players overall.

Will be interested to see how he gets on elsewhere. There will be a very limited number of managers able to tame him & also a question mark as to what he offers now...is he a sitting midfielder (what I think he prefers) or a number 10 (where I believe he potentially adds the most value)?

Bottom line for us though is we only want players who want to be here. All the best Rav ?

Edited by LeedsCityRam

IMHO I always found it odd that someone reportedly so talented was never the first name on the teamsheet even when fit. The fact he was so easy to drop and played so many games off the bench, in a struggling team full of kids, tells me he won't be missed as much as he should. Not sure he made the impact some are acting like he did.

Beaten to it by @Animal is a Ram. Mixed feelings about this one, he offered some great moments last season and seemed to have finally settled, could have been a real asset in league one. I wonder if he would have stayed if we had avoided relegation and kept Rooney as manager? We’ll never know now, thanks for the memories Rav, onwards and upwards for him and us. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Deleted tweet