Ravel Morrison - Signed for DC United

DCFC1388

All depends what transpires this week.

If we can still get the takeover over the line quickly and the likes of Davies to re-sign then I wouldn't write it off at all.

If in the meantime someone makes a play for him with an interesting offer or bumper salary then he's probably going to take it. 

I figure that may well be the same for most others.

Argh!!! Was so looking forward to seeing him after he'd finally got a full season behind him. Hadn't he only featured in 70 odd games in over 10 years? With a good pre-season in his legs I'd have hoped to see him take a decent step forward too. Gutted. He really could have been a handful in L1. Disappointing as it is, he gave his all, so if Rooney's departure sees him leave too, he goes with my thanks and best wishes. Such a shame we didn't manage to unlock his ability sooner, but I suppose it's to Wazza's credit that he got him playing at all, when so many before had failed to do so.

10 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

With Rooney gone we've got no chance of Rav staying. I hoped he'd found a home with us but I also don't blame him for looking elsewhere.

he should be great full we gave him a chance when nobody else would. he needs to grow up and stop jumping from club to club and settle down here.

repay the loyalty shown ravel.

5 hours ago, alram said:

he should be great full we gave him a chance when nobody else would. he needs to grow up and stop jumping from club to club and settle down here.

repay the loyalty shown ravel.

Why are you saying he needs to grow up??

At this present time we can't offer him bugger all whilst other clubs could offer him maybe a 2 or 3 year deal

He also has to look out for himself and his family....if your job was maybe, maybe not being renewed and another longer offer came along would you not think it tempting to take what is actually on the table ?

1 hour ago, TomG said:

A massive week coming up for the club regarding ownership.  Also a week where it will test Liam Rosenior's powers of persuasion.

This is a good point....Although Liam R maybe a good coach,  Rooney I do think would've been a massive pull for players who are not sure if L1 football is for them.

We do need an influential manager who can galvanise the team yet be a big influence on players deciding whether to join us 

I've said before I don't think it will hurt Rosenior to carry on as assistant but get an experienced head in for Liam to also learn off of 

Mowbray would therefore be ideal or Warburton who got Brentford playing some great stuff but think he's now gone to westham and probably out of our reach

3 hours ago, S8TY said:

Why are you saying he needs to grow up??

At this present time we can't offer him bugger all whilst other clubs could offer him maybe a 2 or 3 year deal

He also has to look out for himself and his family....if your job was maybe, maybe not being renewed and another longer offer came along would you not think it tempting to take what is actually on the table ?

When he was down and out we were the only ones to give him another chance.

i just expect the same courtesy in return thats all.

On 26/06/2022 at 16:31, Wolfie20 said:

If you were in his position, I don't think for one minute you'd do owt different. Just want to get a dig in.

nothing to do with digs or anything

i would like to think our show of faith in him was mutual

it is disapointing he has chosen to jump ship. i know he has to look after his family but long term it would be more beneficial for him to stay here and continue reviving his career.

i can see it now, he makes 8 appearences for sunderland and then is released next summer, just like at every other club he has played for. find a home ravel.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think as soon as Rooney left Ravel leaving was fairly inevitable.

Sunderland can probably offer him a few grand a week more than we could.

Shame but that's where we are unfortunately.

But he won't be starting for them, he can play for us week in week out at a place he seemed settled at