Ravel Morrison - Signed for DC United

DCFC1388

I thought he would be one of the ones who would stay if offered a contract. Rooney has offered him a route back into English football. He seems to have enjoyed his time here, he has never played as many games at a club as he has at Derby. He wouldn't get into the starting XI for those sides but he would play for us week in week out.

11 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I thought he would be one of the ones who would stay if offered a contract. Rooney has offered him a route back into English football. He seems to have enjoyed his time here, he has never played as many games at a club as he has at Derby. He wouldn't get into the starting XI for those sides but he would play for us week in week out.

Hopefully finally finding a "home" in English football will sway things in our favour, if we can get this bloody takeover done.

It's easy pickings for reporters with the amount of players we have got out of contract in a week or so as it stands

I'm calling bs on it... Ravel waited last year and (arguably) ended up having the most productive season of his career with us.

Here's hoping Clowes coming in to save the day can help us persuade a few more players to wait for a bit longer!

8 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Rav was in talks with an MLS club a few weeks ago. 

Haven't the US got some very strict laws when it comes to granting entry to people with criminal records?

Now I know it's in his past, and I know some of the charges have been dropped, but I'm sure he still got convicted/found guilty of something early on in his career.

Better for him to stay put hopefully. Come on Rav. Stay with us, you're a Ram now!

6 hours ago, w8sey said:

I would be a little supprised if he goes now. Looks like we will be able to offer people contracts now. Played the most football he's played in years last season. 

I'd be surprised if he stays now Rooney is going. Not sure another manager will be able to keep him focused, but maybe if Liam takes over he can keep him with us.

15 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I'd be surprised if he stays now Rooney is going. Not sure another manager will be able to keep him focused, but maybe if Liam takes over he can keep him with us.

I'm going to have to agree with you now. This morning I was confident most of the lads will stay. Not so much now. I too hope rosenior gets the job.