Ravel Morrison - Signed for DC United

DCFC1388

Just can’t seem to settle down anywhere this lad, kind of feel sorry for him as he will never be satisfied.

I reckon the realisation that it’s probably down to him and not everyone else will dawn on him at the end of his career, could’ve been part of something special here.

Oh well moving on in true RM style ??

Frustrating often in the first half of the season, he started to make a real impact when he played further forward. Not surprised he's leaving - I doubt L1 football would have seen the best of him. Another club may get the benefit of the rehab job that Rooney and co did on him, but I just hope he doesn't fade away again.

Did we offer him a contract? 
I’m sure, like many at the club, he will consider himself too good to play in League 1, particularly at his age and point in his ‘career’.

Clean slate this year, so not the end of the world really. Good luck to him. 

I think if we are signing McGoldrick we may well need more goals from midfield which isn’t something he necessarily brings. Hoping this allows Sibley to step up who can provide that if he can be trusted with a proper role in the first team. 

To be honest I think if Rooney was still here then he would have stayed. Rooney was the one that brought him to the club, obviously knows him from man United and he managed to get a tune out of him.

Ravel did a lot better than I expected, I thought it would be another disaster move for him but it was the opposite. He played well and seemed really invested in the club. I remember him saying that he hoped we could stay up, keep the team together and then kick on next season. He was clearly planning on staying but things obviously didn't go as we wanted. 

It's a shame because it looked like he found a home here. He needs to go to another club now and do the same thing because he can still make something of his career. 

Rooney's bff, good riddance. Even lost his place for a good portion of the season, only saved by a few good performances near the end. We've signed 40 year olds with more pace than he's got.

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Thanks and good luck Ravel. Bar a strong run of form towards the end of his time here, not a particularly memorable player. All a bit “meh” which was a little bit disappointing really. He might regret leaving and not staying here to continue his improving form.

I wonder if the Jamaican coach has been in his ear like with Bielik. Although having said that as soon as Rooney went you knew he'd go as well. 

13 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

I wonder if the Jamaican coach has been in his ear like with Bielik. Although having said that as soon as Rooney went you knew he'd go as well. 

Possibly, internationals don’t tend to play in League One. But he was certainly a Rooney signing, so makes sense he wouldn’t want to stay under Rosenior.

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

Frustrating often in the first half of the season, he started to make a real impact when he played further forward. Not surprised he's leaving - I doubt L1 football would have seen the best of him. Another club may get the benefit of the rehab job that Rooney and co did on him, but I just hope he doesn't fade away again.

I think his improvement coincided with Bielik coming back into the team.  Before that he used to drop quite deep to collect the ball and get involved.  When Bielik returned he was able to stay high up the pitch where he’s most effective.

Anyway, shame he’s gone.  I liked him.

• 2 weeks later...