Ravel Morrison - Signed for DC United

DCFC1388

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

He’s got multiple offers from MLS and Champ level and now wazza gone, he’s out. So is Bryne 

Didn't we take up the years extension on Byrne? Where is your info coming from?

25 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

If the purchase of the club happens before the contract ends and the optional extra year has been taken up,  then the only way Byrne is going is if it involves a transfer fee

What does the purchase of the club have to do with Byrnes contract extension.  His contrcat extension has already happened , he is on the retained list.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Already forgotten about the media reports regarding agents of two players trying to weasel out of their contract extensions?

No, no I haven't. As you said they are "trying" I havent read anywhere that they were successful 

I can take it or leave it.

I think Rav under Rooney could have been a solid player, especially in league one. Cultured but could get stuck in and can take a bit of messing.

He'd started to grow into our side and looked like he could really link with other creative players, but take Lawrence, Ebiowei etc out of that mix and you're looking at him having to do a lot more work for a lot less end product.

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Papers are saying only five senior players are contracted (Bielik, Bird, Knight  Sibley and Stretton) rather than 7 (also Byrne and Buchanan)

Papers say alot of things. Personally if they are trying to get out of their contracts in this way (as reported) I wouldnt want them in the team anyway. 

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Papers are saying only five senior players are contracted (Bielik, Bird, Knight  Sibley and Stretton) rather than 7 (also Byrne and Buchanan)

Come on GoC, the official EFL published retained list shows Byrne & Buchanan as being under contract. Why are you going with the media hyperbole rather than the official list?!

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Come on GoC, the official EFL published retained list shows Byrne & Buchanan as being under contract. Why are you going with the media hyperbole rather than the official list?!

Because it's the EFL. They approve stuff, then later on when it's too late to do anything about it, decide the club made a mistake when making submissions and revoke their approval ?

15 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Got sent a photo of the list of who turned up. Rumours of trialists coming in tomorrow so well probably have a greater understanding of who we can attract

You wouldn't care to share this information would you? john travolta nba GIF